1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

PES heal magnitude

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Enodrevo, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

My priestess' heal seems under-whelming. Often there's just 30 or 40 units healed. That seems way less than 60% of her damage of 340. Is it hit points healed? Is this all part of the mystery of damage?

2. Kallas

Kallas New Member

When I try to use her, I see tooltips above units, such as 24-24, but that unit might only get 8 or 12 healed, for example. Seems as though the lower bound isn't being displayed properly.

3. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

Funny enough I did some testing yesterday since I got PES to level 23. The displayed amount is not accurate since it's only showing you how much total could be healed. It's definitely part of the mystery of damage and if you take a look at the damage side of things you'll understand the PES heal a bit more.

A few points from my testing that are worth considering:
    1. The heal IS affected by magic defense of your ally. If PES is trying to heal a regiment with high magic defense it is less effective.
    2. The heal IS affected by a forest reduction. Try not to heal an ally in a forest. I'll assume until I'm able to test further that things like Evasion and Devious Step also reduce the heal but I'll try to confirm.
    3. The heal IS affected by using it on high ground. The effect isn't double though so there is a difference between damage and healing. My theory is that the high ground bonus is also being reduced to 60% since that lines up with the numbers I got while testing.
    4. The heal IS affected by crits. If the heal crits on an ally the heal will be significantly higher.
    5. I have not tested swamp yet but I'll assume it is affected by swamp as well since forest affects it.
    6. There is no class bonus when healing.
    Once I have some proper time to test I'll push out the healing formula but I suspect it will be similar to the damage one with a few minor differences (such as the positive AMODS being reduced to 60% of their strength and the lack of class bonus)

All this to say that if you do a heal on a regiment with high magic defense who is sitting in a forest the heal will be pretty pathetic but if you do it on a regiment while on high ground to one on lower ground who has low magic defense and you crit it will be huge.

Enodrevo and NoName like this.
  4. Hai

Hai Active Member

@Hackuuna

thank you for your detailed testing on PES. it seems to me the output of PES is caluclated based on dmg (which where, swamp, forest, magic defense ) are being counted. Similar to how the number of GG goblin get spawned.

can you tell your opinion in a short summary, if you would recommend her or not at all?

thank you and Rgds
    H.

5. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Wow! Very helpful. I wonder if that's WAI? Since it's a heal and a benefit, I would hope it would bypass magic defense, forests and evasions. Makes the skill far less helpful.

6. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

My personal opinion is that a fully upgraded PES has the potential to be a big time game changer in the right situation. After I've finished with MF to 5* PES is the next one I'll be working on for sure. Unlike SM/FM the PES skill can crit and if calculated well you can hit enemies who are far away while healing your allies.

It's a very interesting regiment since there's a lot of calculations you can make to use it well. For now the passive is absolutely useless save for exploring a few zones. If they ever add more desecrated regiments, a stronghold for desecrated, or make it so that desecrated regiments show up in existing strongholds then it becomes far more valuable.

Hai likes this.
  7. Owain

Owain Member

I have found her more useful attacking 5 opponents than for healing, which in general is low.

Hai likes this.
  8. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Jin2's Rank 19 3* fully upgraded PES is kicking butts and taking names in a few 2S & 3S PvP. :D Her one shot ability without CS is as good as SM & DS. Atm, she's a good sub for MF, DS & SM. I would recommemd her as a 4th mage to complement MF, SM & DS.

Hai likes this.