New idea Players Creating Own Fortress

KptKaszanek

Creating a player's own fortress would be a great idea.
The difference between the existing Strongholds and the new idea of the fortress is creating own map.
Player could add elements of his fortress by BUYING: high grounds, turrets, moats, walls and other fortifications (maybe canons or catapults?). The best option is to ALLOW PLAYER TO PLACE FORTIFICATIONS on the map. In this way, everyone would create their own individual fortress map, where they would fight defensive battles.
So there would be need for some "fortress edition" mode in game.
Like in strongholds, player would face daily battles witch ascending difficulty. It is possible to fight PVP or PVE battles - or both.

I will follow this idea since it would bring a whole new gaming concept to the game. The buying of the defences e.g turret, terrains etc. could affect strategy planning. There should be a limit also on how many times a map can be modified since whales could overpower everything :)

DARK.GL

You just described the usual full-fledged PVP content in a normal game. There is an endless ladder of players (limited only straight to the top 1). Each player puts his own version of the army to protect (it will fight your opponent). And each player gradually tries to climb up as far as he can. How anyone has time to climb higher - that and such awards at the end of the season.

unsane

Creating a player's own fortress would be a great idea.
The difference between the existing Strongholds and the new idea of the fortress is creating own map.
Player could add elements of his fortress by BUYING: high grounds, turrets, moats, walls and other fortifications (maybe canons or catapults?). The best option is to ALLOW PLAYER TO PLACE FORTIFICATIONS on the map. In this way, everyone would create their own individual fortress map, where they would fight defensive battles.
So there would be need for some "fortress edition" mode in game.
Like in strongholds, player would face daily battles witch ascending difficulty. It is possible to fight PVP or PVE battles - or both.
Although I see difficulties in game balance, I also see possibities for new gameplay. Any suggestion on that regard will have my vote...
But I see it more as a possible prime ability for a given unit. Change the (clone) Gnome wizard FM into one that can do this.