1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Point Blank Range?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Enodrevo, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

I noticed my Archer showed two different potential damage ranges. One was from a range of 2 the other, higher damage, from range 1 (melee range). Is this normal? The only difference was that melee range was on a bridge. See screenshot below.
    https://flic.kr/p/Tid5Vq
    https://flic.kr/p/Tid5V5
    Sorry mobile Flickr sucks for embedding pics....

Inspirace and Supercool6 like this.
  2. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    LA/CA's passive ''Evasion'' reads: Regiment takes 20% less damage from ranged and magic attacks.
    When you walk into melee range of an enemy LA/CA with your own Archer regiment the attack is no longer considered ranged. :)

Jin, Inspirace and Enodrevo like this.
  3. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Member

Holy Moses! That's brilliant. One would think ranged applies to the type of weapon not actually distance.

Thanks!

4. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Worth noting that this only works for your Archers though, having your Mage run into melee range and attack a LA/CA doesn't disable their passive.

Jin, Inspirace and Primer like this.
  5. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Great info. I did not realize that and I have been playing 2.5 years.

I guess I just never expect mages to do much damage against archers anyway. I really should pay more attention to those damage numbers that pop up.

I guess the archers just smack them on top of the head with the bow while mages don’t have “hands on” magic.

Anton Amby likes this.
  6. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I guess so :D
    This is actually a part of what makes TSG so extremely bad against starter Archers, not only do they have more utility than him, deal a ton of extra damage to him due to him being a mage - But they also take less damage from him even if he does manage to get into melee range. (which is damn hard for a regiment that can only move 2 hexes every turn) :p

Inspirace and Jin like this.