1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Power leveling 5 units versus spreading the experience?

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Daijishin, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Daijishin

Daijishin New Member

Hi All, would love your thoughts on how people have found leveling 5-7 units as fast as possible versus slowly leveling a larger group.

I have unlocked the first two rows of heroes, but am not unlocking any more until I I have my current group at roughly equal level and same star level. I will then slowly the remaining row.

I am doing this to keep the regular monsters from far outpacing my newer group of units. This also lets me have a broader pool of equally leveled characters.

Thoughts on this strategy? Wondering if there are any down sides to doing so. Current characters are levels 12-14 with all at 2 stars and 3-4 at 3 stars.

2. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Playing with the same 5-7 toys every day may become mind numbing.

However, if you're fine with boring then...

A better strat would be power leveling just 3 Regs, and keeping the rest of them as canon fodder until you have enough shards to bring them all in.

Something like... DG, MF & GG

Jin likes this.
  3. Manatee

Manatee Member

Alliance:
    boo
    With the quests, I’ve found useful to level evenly. That could help with the tavern, too.

4. Daijishin

Daijishin New Member

Hmmm, power leveling just 3-4 characters also sounds like a slog. But does power leveling 3-4 only lead to the ability to more rapidly level everyone else later on the game? Curious to hear from those who went down that road.

I agree that the Tavern has made even leveling a lot better, as it's easier to fill out the upgrades that people are missing.

5. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

@Daijishin.

Promoting and upgrading ONLY 3 regiments is the quickest way to get to Warlord Level 23. The advantage is you can win ALL battles easily and go to high levels of strongholds. This army combo is generally known as Glass Cannon army. I agree with Warlord NoName that the combo to use is MF, DG & GG.

The battle match up is based on top 5 regiment's army power. If you concentrate AP on only 3 regiments then your opponent 5 or more regimrnt will be weaker on AP individually than you. This is why you can win battles easily. However, you've to slways use all 3 regiments in all battles and the rest of your regiments are just cannon fodder. This can get boring fast.

InnoGames has attempt to use Warlord Level, Regimental Rank limit, Alliance Quest & Faction to kill off the GC combo path but it can still be achieved rather easily. I believed Warlord NoName build an army to Legendary level in a very short time using GC combo.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  6. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    WL 23 with 3 regiments only seems a bit too extreme :p

Just an example, you won't have enough WL XP to reach level 22 if you don't max (all level 21 upgrades) at least 10 regiments approximately :)

7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

@Arci. You right in that about 14 regiments max to Rank 22 should get you to WL23.

GC combo still feasible in that you put all upgrades on top 3 and put upgrades on the rest of the regiments to get necessary XP to get to new WL. Don't bother putting any items on regiments except top 3.

8. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Yep, that indeed works to reach WL 23 "quickly" but it's not really recommended and honestly, it doesn't even sound funny to me :p

After all, if you're forced to put all the upgrades to a number of regiments, let's say 7 for an average level, why playing with just 3? To reach WL23 faster and call it game over?

9. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

And there is the real source of the problem. Why does it have to be “game over” for highest level Warlords?

And it currently is game over as there is nothing for us to do or look forward to. The only reason I even login anymore is to perform Quests and help the newer members of my Alliance earn a better ship.

Fix that and maybe people will stick around.

Jin likes this.
  10. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Power farming/leveling initially ONLY 3 Regs works very well...

Here's a bit more detail...

Focus on farming shards for those 3 Regs that you can accept as enjoyable to play er'day, and hold back promotions for every other Reg keeping them at 2*, so you can still use their active ability, but will be sacrificed most of the time.

Still apply upgrades as needed to obtain WL 23, but put the right upgrades on the right Reg for the right reasons... i.e. guards get HP only upgrade cards, mages & archers get DMG only upgrade cards. I also picked a pony to sacrifice with DMG only upgrade cards, and only used pikes seize position when the map allowed it from the start. *NOTE this does not apply to the 3 you are focusing on, just the supporting cast. The 3 you focus on get every upgrade card applied.

The WH only offers shards for unlocked Regs in the top row, still to this day I have IR, NAC & PES locked. The RNG offers of the game from the Free SS & weekly ship will inherently tell you which Regs to unlock & upgrade.

Once you have a team you believe works well for you bring them to 3* together, and by this time you're working on your second set of three 5* Regs

There nothing fast in WoA; however, this is an extremely efficient way to get to late game flexibility. Having x6 5* Regs, and 10+ 4* Regs that can hold their own. While you will keep about 5 Regs locked, those locked are still receiving random shards from the weekly ship, and you'll want at least four per Faction to progress a bit through the Tavern.

Lastly, this will help you with the accepting that losing Regs to the extreme crit monster is part of the game, while it is not enjoyable, there are ways to plan for it with a solid bench team.

Focusing on a top 3 is extremely efficient & not desirable for full game emersion.

Jin likes this.
  11. RealBizkit666

RealBizkit666 Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    GC build made me get to the top of the ranks pretty damn fast. And now while I'm there, I get higher rewards and thus level the other units much faster. With my current pace I will have all regiments to 5* within a year (since I started) and I'm trying to get a top 10 spot on the PvP ladder also within a year.

So yes, I can only be very positive with the GC approach. It's only nice in the endgame to have a strong army behind the GC combo to work against the 5v6 PvP battles and the crits. All other battles are just a way to get to that endgame and don't have to be fun in my opinions, since the fun only begins when entering the endgame.

I compare this to Diablo III, almost nobody enjoys levelling a character to level 70, because that is when the game starts. And for me, WoA starts when you can enter the only thing what is rewarding, and that is the PvP ladder.

NoName likes this.
  12. Daijishin

Daijishin New Member

Hi All, thank you for your thoughts on this. I personally agree with @Arci that it's not likely the most fun way to play. I'm going to go with my equal level strategy and see how it goes. Will report back in a few months. :D

13. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

@Daijishin.

Although I'm not a huge fan of GC combo but it's still a battle style that exist in WoA.

I'm very glad that you've decided to go the route of a Power Seeker. You gonna have a lot of fun in winning tough battles and a really great way to esperience the full spectrum of WoA. It definitely a slower way to the top but very satisfying when you get there.

Enjoy your journey!:)

14. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to disappoint you, @RealBizkit666. PvP at endgame is a battle of the Crits. 90% of the time, the combo you used is MF, GG, DG, LA & CA. You'll be facing AI army mostly that has range regiments because they are the ones that gives high AP. If you used other combo then most of the time those regiments will be ko.

I consider GG as my most 'hated' regiment to face but she don't appear in endgame AI army because she has very low AP due to her 20%CC cannon.

The 'fun' battles are the ones that get you to endgame. They are the ones that make me punch the air when I win. Endgame PvP is a reboot until CS don't ko 3 of your regiments in the first 2 rounds in a 5v6.

I've the fortune of never have to rr any PvP in my first account endgame PvP and yet I've to rr 8 or 9 PvP in my 2nd account. That should tell you where the 'fun' PvP are at.:rolleyes:

I certainly hope that your endgame experiences are different and more enjoyable. Good luck!;)

15. RealBizkit666

RealBizkit666 Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    My combo is MF, DG (sometimes swapped for DS), GG, LA and depending on enemy I use RR or TB (which makes 7 main units now for the endgame). And still now, I don't see crit as a problem to be honest. By placing the units well (DG and TB), they can take crits. The problem I have with PvP is mostly with the bad AI which doesn't take out a DG on 5 HP for example. By knowing when and how that occurs, you can manipulate the AI without crit problems. Even 5v6 hasn't been much of a problem, even the 199 trophy ones (can it get higher?). There is only 1 map in which I have problems, and that is then always my last battle so the 3 hour timers aren't an issue.

So yes, my current endgame is enjoyable and don't experience the same problems as others have. :)

NoName, Primer and Jin like this.
  16. D1ck Spla5h

D1ck Spla5h New Member

Can I ask which map gives you a problem?

17. RealBizkit666

RealBizkit666 Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero