1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Video Primer v Marximus 203t

Discussion in 'Epic Battles' started by Primer, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I generally find this map to be one of the more difficult and was dreading facing a 203t Marximus with 2 Archers. I decided to go extra defensive and was surprised to win very easily on first try. I did get a few lucky Crits, but several were on what would have been killing blows anyway so did not matter. I think I should have lost my Trut if his MF had attacked Trut instead of going after my MF.

Three strategy tips worked well. First is well known. ROF to control battlefield and limit number of units he can bring to bear each time. His Trut doesn’t even get a strike until the final round when I am fully healed and can position it so only my DG is in his range.

Second one is not so obvious. I used the fact the AI will strike if capable and position my Trut at the extended range of his Rider for first turn. Willing to take the hit as it as it is -50% for the extended range, negative class bonus as rider v Pike, and Trut has Devious First Step. His Rider scored a Crit on this first strike but it was very little actual damage and now his rider is easy pickings.

Third involves setup to draw opponent ROF. While my ROF is located in a way to shape future movement, the AI will always center ROF to affect the maximum number of units when fired. By position MF in back with DG/LA further forward, I make the AI put his ROF where my DG can still advance next turn to attack his LA, and my MF can simply fly over. The only unit I have limited motion for is my LA. I step away from swamp instead of into forest to keep his Trut out of range.

First recorded fight where I feel I did not make any tactical mistakes. Thought I would lose two or three when I saw map, but worked out much better than expected.

Spiderman, BlackAdder666 and NoName like this.
  2. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Masterfully executed. I love to begin with RoF, but sometimes starting on the defense can pay off...

3. GoldReaper

GoldReaper Active Member

This was a pleasure to watch. Very masterful. Lots to learn from these tactics. I guess you were 100 percent sure that the DG was gonna get blown away by every one of your regiments attacks in the last round. I would have moved your MF to the higher ground (in the RoF) to attack from there, but hey all is well that ends well.

4. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I tend to leave MF directly behind DG when facing an enemy I am not positive I will kill. The DG Battlefield Control prevents them from reaching my MF that way. I actually keep her behind DG because I am NOT 100% sure I could kill Trut in one turn.

5. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

6. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Nicely done!