1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

PvP Encouragement for New Players

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Enodrevo, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Active Member

Hello new players. I'm relatively new myself, but have finally reached WL 20! So I'm not "totally" new.

When I first started with PvP I found the rewards completely under-whelming. I was experiencing the gold crunch and it annoyed me that PvP didn't give gold rewards. I didn't see the value in War Coins because shards cost 400! (300 if you get a sale shard) I was getting just a handful of WC for each battle. It seemed like a waste of time.

Here's my encouragement: play during PvP seasons. At first when I figured out that the special tiers we're for the top 100 I was discouraged. I didn't think seasons were of any value for low lvl players. But then I figured out (over time) that the seasons give WC for trophies collected. At low level that seems weak because you get so few trophies for PvP. BUT trophies scale with level! So during a season each PvP battle can give you 100 trophies when your around lvl 16-18. That means when the season ends you get 100 WC for that battle alone! 10 PvP a day at 100 WC/battle means 1000 WC a day or 2.5 shards a day ONCE the season is over and you get the payout. That's in addition to WC earned for the battle immediately.

So keep plugging away at PvP during seasons. Those trophies add up and can be converted to WC and shards soon. Also, it takes time to learn how to PvP so it's not a waste of time learning the ropes when the rewards are small.

Keep up the good fights!

Owain, Kallas, Jin and 3 others like this.
  2. Cypher

Cypher New Member

Great advice Had not thought about it like that before.
    New guy here too WL12

Thank you

3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

@Enodrevo. Great insight.

I've always said that PvP season for WoA newbies is about collecting as many trophies as possible to convert into WC. It's not about seeing your name in the Top 100 Leaderboard.

My Jin2 account has collected close to 140k trophies and that translated to about 380+ shards. Think of all the LW battles I don't have to clear to get those shards.;)