1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

PvP Guide for the New Warlord

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Mark Engle, May 17, 2018.

1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Let's try to put all the questions about the new PvP system here.

1.) PvP spawns occur every 12 hours, with up to 5 new spawns. The maximum number of PvP battles you can have on your map is 10.

2.) Each PvP spawn can be 're-rolled' for free one time, initially. After that, it can be re-rolled again, for free, in 24 hours. Or, you can spend diamonds to re-roll it immediately.

3.) The stronger your top 5 regiments are, the more trophies you will be offered for each fight. Easy fights offer less trophies, more difficult fights offer more.

4.) There is a 'free fight' that can be obtained at the beginning of the season.

So, lets walk through how this goes:

1. During the offseason, accumulate up to 10 PvP spawns in anticipation of the upcoming season. Use free re-rolls to try to get 3, or even 4, skull fights. Stack your deck.

2. To get the free fight, have at least 6 PvP spawns on your map. Then, just before the season starts, begin a fight and, **this is important**, make sure the fight ends AFTER the season has begun. You will get credit for the trophies for that fight, and you will get the new spawns to fill your map to 10 PvP fights.

3. Every spawn session (12 hours), fight your 5 best fights, and save lower skull fights to be re-rolled in 24 hours.

That's about it.

Happy Warlording, and may the Spawns be ever in your favor!

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Victorash, Guru, Jesper and 2 others like this.
  2. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

ATTENTION: This method may not work anymore. Will advise in this post after further testing.

One minor correction, to get the 11th PvP or 'extra' PvP, just start WoA before season first spawn, put the phone to 'sleep' by blanking screen, WoA is still running in background. 'Wake up' your phone when you're ready to clear PvP, log into WoA, clear 1×PvP and hey presto you got your 11th PvP.

If you start the PvP then you've to finish it, NO reset or retreat, or else you'll lose the 11th PvP.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Victorash, Guru, Jesper and 1 other person like this.
  3. Overlord foofoo

Overlord foofoo New Member

Hi

First I have to thank everyone - the forum is such a fountain of knowledge. Awesome. :):)

Second. Just so I am clear about 10+1
    1) before the season starts collect 6 PvP spawns
    2) either (mark Engle) start a battle before the start of season and end it after the season starts
    3) or (Jin) sleep your phone so it doesn’t spawn, wake it up and fight 1/6 battles to the end
    4) then after either 2 or 3, you’ll have 5 old spawns plus 5 new spawns
    5) fight 5 and keep 5 which you’ll keep refilling EDIT *rerolling for better battles
    6) wash rinse and repeat cycle until you get to end of season?
    7) end season we should have 5 spawns. Edit based on Jin’s response: End season make sure all PvP battles completed.
    8) off season fight new battles when spawned to ensure you only have 6 before the next season
    Did I get it?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Jesper likes this.
  4. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

G'Day @Overlord foofoo.

6 is the minimum PvP to start a season. If you can collect 9×PvP in the 180s then you start with 9, clear 1 and get 2 first session spawn. 11×180s is the optimum start to season and I've yet to see or heard of any warlords confessed to having the 'perfect 11'!! :D;)

My best start to the season is 9×180s plus 1×180s from 1st session rr to give me 1858T. That total has since been beaten by a lot of warlords.

Guru and Overlord foofoo like this.
  5. Overlord foofoo

Overlord foofoo New Member

Okay thank you. Targets to achieve are good things to have!

6. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

7. Bibense

Bibense Member

Nice Info many thanks... When will the new season will begin? (Newbie question)

8. Bibense

Bibense Member

No worries it is announced...

9. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello Bibense.

If you tap on the trophy icon below the battle log icon, the info you seek is at the top of the last season top 100 list.

10. KevlarGolem

KevlarGolem New Member

Season reward only improves if finished in top 100? If so why is a new warlord like myself worried about trophies? Shouldn't I just focus on maximizing war coins?

11. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello KevlarGolem.

The trophies are exchange into WC and gold at a ratio of 1:1 plus 50:1 for diamonds. For example 10k trophies equal 10k gold, 20k WC and 200 diamonds at end of season. It's the TC that a warlords newbies should maximise and NOT position on leaderboard until you've a minimum of 5×5* L23 fully upgraded and equipped regiments.

I probably get half my shards for my regiments from WH in my Jin2 account.

Jimsom2 likes this.
  12. NoName

NoName Active Member

Just to piggy back on what Jin just said...

While the leader board is desired... I eventually got to the point where I could purchase the top row of shards at both daily offerings for the duration of the season, and I can do this repeatedly without making the top 100 Leader Board. Purchasing 6 shards per day, while still casually playing makes for a steady progression pace.

KevlarGolem awesome name for a Warlord, gonna need some Kevlar against the now potential five archers in the game.

Jimsom2, Jin and Mark Engle like this.