1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New PvP hard situation

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Noob, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    How can I beat 3 Skull PvP without losing units???

Screenshot_2019-03-05-07-31-12.jpg

These are my strongest units. I have TPB and pike with full skill.

2. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Each WoA player are going to tell you a different tactic. It depends to much about him\her play style. Personally I always try to kill mages and archers on first time. So use GG and archers to kill SM, and riders to kill archers. I think TPB is a good idea (instead of SM) locating them on village and using MF and tree to heal your units and defend from pikes. Anyway sure you have to restart the battle one than more time. Good luck!.;)

3. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

My philosophy is to move into the sideways W formation and then let the enemy move toward you on the first turn. The sideways W means 3 of your regiments move forward one at the start and the other 2 stay behind while leaving a space of 1 between all your regiments.

By doing this you can have the first strike as the AI moves forward into your range. How you choose to arrange your regiments or who they attack then becomes the fun part.

4. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

On this map for hard battles I agree with Hackuuna. Stay out of archer ROF range.

A lot depends on which units you have developed. I see in the pic you have 2 mages in the battle. If available, i would replace SM with LA. Just bring along MF for the healing.

My strategy is always the same on this map for hard opponents. I use DG (or TPB or KG), with MF, LA, CA and GG. After first move I have DG at bottom in third column (just off lower bridge), GG next to and behind him, MF two spaces above DG and LA two spaces above that. CA is next to and behind LA at the top. This keeps all units out of range and will not trigger opponent ROF first round.

Opponent will move units forward. Move DG forward to smash first available target. Have one archer lay down ROF where it blankets top of screen and prevents opponent from passing through. This funnels everyone down to attack only your tank. Use remaining archer, MF and GG to pick away at mages and archers first. The melee units are not any real threat since they shouldn’t be able to attack anyone except your tank if you lay down ROF correctly.

If a second ROF is needed you can lay it down just before first expires. With MF parked behind your tank to keep healing it should survive - just try to make sure to kill opponent archer and mages as soon as you can.

Owain, Jin and Hackuuna like this.
  5. Jimsom2

Jimsom2 Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I do something similar except that I will sometimes place GG towards the top of the map to get down hill bonuses when the AI moves into range. I sometimes use frostblood archers to draw an attack the next round if there are dangerous units I haven't taken out first attack.

@Noob, even though your RR might be one of your stronger units, it will be vulnerable to the pikes and mages if you use it as a tank in this strategy. Bring in TPB and replace RR or another unit.

Inspirace likes this.
  6. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    I reroll this battle because lost 2x time (3 regis are death and no sence make battle longer). The mages and arches have high physics + magic defense and hard to kill because they have skilled items. I have only 1 level items and it bit unfair...

7. Hai

Hai Active Member

there is a map with two side connected with two bridges in a shape like this >

both side has a healing camp and enemy is on highand.

now thats the map where i always lose 1-2 regs minimum.
    thats the map where a 3S can be much toughter than a 4S.
    thats the map i leave the last so my lost regs can be on timer.

once it happened i got a 4S on that map. i wish i would have recorded but i lost 4 and a half regs.. and my tbp as last standing unit was able to reach a camp and enemy dmg+crit was slightly lower than healing amout. oh man, that was an epic fight and after a vixtory with 4 dead regiment i felt i achived something great. :)

8. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Hi Hai,

If it helps, check out the Sticky thread by Gottspieler under Tactics and Strategies with Map Overviews and links to strategies. He “named” all the maps for ease of reference. Some players have shared their tactics for each of these over time. It is a good thread.

Hai likes this.
  9. Hai

Hai Active Member

thank you Primer.
    ive checked. to me Mountain Steam is the most difficult one out of all.

especially if enemy is on heavy rangeds.
    he has the advantages due to standing on highland compare to my units. and the two road ends in one point where he can rape any of my unit if i walk through.

i couldnt find any thread about discussion on this map. How do you guys aproach this?

I usually one RoF and try hit n run strategy until RoF last. but thats just cherry picking instead of real strategy.
    this map requires me the most app restart as well. enemy archer crits/one hit me most of the time.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  10. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I use DG, LA, CA, GG and MF almost every time. I stay on my side of bridges and let them come to me.

I attack nearest unit on top with as many as needed to destroy. Then have CA lay down ROF covering entrance to top bridge so enemy cannot cross.

I will put DG at or one space shy of entrance to bottom bridge. In forest is nice. Enemy melee units can only cross one at a time. DG absorbs the damage and MF heals each turn. Meanwhile my archers concentrate on picking off enemy mages and archers as soon as possible. If a second ROF is needed be sure to cast just before first expires.

The only time I ever have difficulty is if opponent has IR. Also be careful not to expose MF to archers or GG too much.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.

Inspirace and Hai like this.
  11. Hai

Hai Active Member

my DG only lvl22 now, but i use TBP instead. this is very interesting and i will definately try out.

my glass cannon units are present most of my fight so there is no issue with the rest. weps and banner all maxed, some armor still missing, but on my way to get them. crossing fingers to get the right one.