1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Fixed PvP is broken.... Again

Discussion in 'Fixed issues' started by Aniquileitor, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Aniquileitor

Aniquileitor Member

My trophy's value is 184 or 185, I rerolled some fights I just got and one appeared with 172 trophies (2skulls) and another one at 159(1S).

That must be a joke, fix it asap pls and let me reroll those battles for free

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rrFFSPaDhK1neAAw5
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/kiFQ8XV488VRxfdHA

Also, it's been days when I got my last 4S battle, last season pvp worked so well, this one it's being awful

IGN: aniquileitor

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    BlackAdder666 likes this.
  2. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

I do not fully understand your issue, the screenshots don't match with your statement about trophies but you have to keep in mind that the skulls are not based in trophies but in power.

3. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

@Chiri, some of us top Warlords are getting 1 and 2 skull PvP spawns with low TC. These were supposed to be eliminated?

@Lesterio reported getting all 1s spawns in chat. I had several 2s spawns.

4. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

I can confirm it is broken. Have not seen any 1s or 2s since pvp was redone. One hour ago I spawned 5 1s, the lowest at 155 trophies. For gods sake, do not change pvp mechanisms in the middle of a season, now you royally cheated players that spend time and money on getting a high trophy average. I dare not reroll any of my five 1s, until you fix it

Average ruined, season ruined, pvp ruined. Not a happy Blackadder at the moment :( :(

Aniquileitor and Mark Engle like this.
  5. Mark Engle

My season is ruined!!

angry woman shaking fist.jpg

Jimsom2, Zancudo and Aniquileitor like this.
  6. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

We have slightly adjusted the difficulty chances for PvP battles. In the release notes this was mentioned as "smoothed out the diffictulty curve". In general, the feedback to our new matchmaking was pretty negative on the most advanced user states. This is why we have implemented a very small chance to also spawn 1S or 2S battles for players above WL 20. However, keep in mind that for each new PvP invasion you have a free reroll with a very high chance to roll a 3S or 4S battle still.

7. Mark Engle

Very small chance to spawn 1 and 2 skull fights, eh?

Some top guys spawned all 1s. I spawned 3 out of 5 2s. I rerolled into low TC 3s. I rerolled two saved 3s, and got two 2s.

No 4s at all.

I dont think the devs intended this, @Bruthor.

And to the Pit of Misery to the knucklehead who decided to change PvP mid-season!

8. Chiri

True, I am sorry I misunderstood and thought it was about the trophies count that the enemy player has not the ones given as reward.

We will monitor how this change goes and you know we will adjust it if needed but first we have to see how it goes and if it becomes a habit to get all 1S-2S battles.

9. Mark Engle

So basically, we're back to the old system, correct? Except now there is a rare chance for top players to get 4s.

10. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

You may want to check your math. I did 15 rerolls (spending Diamonds for 9) and 7 of them were 1s or 2s and I am pushing for 4s. Doesn’t seem like a very high chance of 3s/4s to me, although I do recognize it is a small enough sample size it could be random bad luck.

I know feedback was mixed on battles being too difficult, but those competing in PVP wanted to get more 4s battles, not less. It was the mid level and early level players who complained it was too hard. They didn’t have fully developed armies with backup Regiments and didn’t like having Regiments on cooldown. Top level players didn’t have a problem with it and generally liked the challenge.

Oops. You really missed the ball on that one.

I won’t say PVP is “ruined” by any means, but your choice to do yet another “mid-season” change is questionable to say the least. I was already investing diamonds to make a run for the title based on current PVP setup and now that investment feels wasted. Forcing me to spend 4x as much in Diamonds to get same battle difficulty or simply stop spending at all.

One thing that has been consistent - I don’t recall any mid-season tweaks to PVP spawns ever receiving a majority of positive feedback. No idea why you guys keep doing it instead of making the adjustments between seasons. Just not used to playing games where the rules change in the middle of a competition.

Jesper, Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  11. Aniquileitor

Aniquileitor Member

I have seen no more than 10 players crying about that, but the rest were happy with the change, I don't see the point to change the mechanics because some players don't know how to play.

And yes, we can reroll them the next day, but the problem comes when they start to accumulate, and the last day we have some 1skull remaining battles or we get more than 5 at once on the map, we are forced to reroll with diamonds or do that battle losing a lot of trophies, which can be decisive to reach a milestone in the season

12. Mark Engle

Here's a vid of today's spawns. I started with 3/5 new spawns being 2s. I rerolled those into 3s. Unfortunately, I rerolled three saved 3s down into 2s:mad:
    Check the 22 hour timer on those 2s. Yes, those were downgraded fights.

Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  13. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if there is another Forum out there that I am not reading. How could they have interpreted the previous feedback as “negative on the most advanced user states”?

It was pretty clear to me it was the newer and mid level players who didn’t like having all 4s PVP. They complained mostly about having their top Regiments on cooldown too much. Since they don’t have fully developed backups they had to stop fighting and wait. Fully developed armies have the backup Regiments available and could continue.

The most advanced players generally appreciated the additional challenge and tried to get harder battle to compete for top spot in PVP, not easier battles. I went back to review posts and don’t see one negative comment from the Lesterio/Jesper/SirSmith/BlackAdder/Jin Level players about previous version being too difficult.

Jesper, Jin, Zancudo and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mark Engle

Perhaps the devs are prepping to disable Ads for Life for ALL players?

Then this move makes a little more sense.:cool:

Otherwise, its baffling.:confused:

15. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

As players we can and will adjust to any set of circumstances. The frustrating part to me is yet another change in dynamics in the middle of a competition.

Imagine a baseball game where the umpire decides in the third inning (without telling the players) that instead of 3 strikes he will start calling a batter out after 2 strikes. Imagine the confusion, frustration and outright anger among players that would cause. Hmmmm - actually no need to imagine - you can see it clearly in all of today’s posts.

If the players knew of the change before the game started they could and would adjust their style of play - both in the baseball analogy and in this game.

Instead players like BlackAdder, myself and others invested hard earned Diamonds to try and achieve a goal only to have the dynamics changed in the middle of the competition. Sort of feels like a bait and switch scam and nobody likes to be scammed.

Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  16. BlackAdder666

Join the rebellion!

1. If you are really unhappy with pvp changes, do say so in this thread and feedback 0.57
    2. Stop spending diamonds and cash until they remove this change
    3. If you spent diamonds on rerolls this season pm/write on wall of Bruthor that you want the diamonds refunded

If this is not immediately fixed, and diamonds refunded, we must see this as a way to make money quickly for Innogames, as they could not misinterpret feedback on pvp this badly, and they could not be so incompetent as to release this pvp crap in the middle of a season.

Make your voice heard and demand diamonds back!!!!!!!!!

17. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

Unfortunately, this is true. It appears that a sandstorm of the Xatakan Empire has wreaked havoc in our systems. Solving this issue has top priority right now. We apologize and will fix this tomorrow.

Jin, Primer and BlackAdder666 like this.
  18. BlackAdder666

People aiming for the top still has to ruin their averages today, next spawn, and maybe even the one after that. Refund diamonds spent on rerolls, change back to exactly the previous pvp mechanism, DO NOT "monitor" the current situation and try to solve it with a new solution "still keeping the smoothing" mechanism, and please never ever change pvp in the middle of a season again.

You finally listened to long time players who almost only have pvp as their challenge, you made the pvp GREAT with only 3s and 4s. But then this came. No long time player was unhappy, short time players learned to use strategy to win hard battles or reroll. To be at the top you have to spend lots of diamonds to avoid those 191s and get 199s instead, not cool to ruin pvp mid season. I am sorry, but this really ruined a lot of WELL EARNED goodwill for Innogames...

19. Mark Engle

yoda-hope-meme.jpg

20. Chiri

We aim to release what was planned for this update meaning the change to difficulty. We cannot refund spent diamonds as you may understand that a product that has been used cannot be refunded.
    Just to remark, we do not listen only to long time players, we listen you all either you are small or big so all changes we make are focused on everyone, you are not the only one playing the game so we have to adjust the PvP for everyone and that’s why we are making this change to the PvP to make it easier for those small players.