1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Fixed PvP is broken.... Again

Discussion in 'Fixed issues' started by Aniquileitor, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

The issue does seem to be fixed since not everyone is getting 1S and 2S in a general way you might have been unlucky and therefore we need to check how these changes go during the next days so that we can see whether it is necessary a change to it or not.

2. Lesterio

Lesterio Active Member

I guess I was unlucky as well. Right now I have 2 1S and 3 2S battles on the battlefield to be rerolled. No 4S battles during the last spawn as well :(

3. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I don't think that this is fixed yet I only did two rerolls today a 1s which gave me a lower 1s and a 3s (map I hate + a really strong GG and I wasn't willing to lose 2 units to that fight even after a few tries) ... It changed to a 2s ... I really would hope downgrading would only happen if wanted ( eg implement the +/-)

4. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

2 rerolls are not enough to be considered an issue, this system is based in % therefore you just might have had bad luck and got those difficulties.

5. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I know that's why I said I just did two rerolls ... But it seems that a some others were unlucky too ( well maybe they are the only ones who come here to the forum's but still it's kinda strange that top brass like Lesterino and Blackadder and others have the same issue with getting downgraded too ... Maybe we are really just unlucky or maybe you could look into this further ... I know you don't want to change the system your using right now but I really would hope you give the +/- rerolls a consideration becuabe that would solve a lot of these problems ... Even I would use a - from time to time if I face an opponent with 4s that I can't defeat ... Just consider it)

6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Every sessions rr or initial spawn since the 'fixed' gave me a 1S and a 2S so that means about 40% to get an 'easy' PvP. I know it's a very small sample pool but that kinda seems high to me.

7. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Last 2 spawns were of different skull levels. But based on last 3 spawns and rerolls (3×5+3×5=30):

1s 35%
    2s 30%
    3s 25%
    4s 10%

Before change is was about 50% 3s and 50% 4s. Guess which one i prefer? :D

8. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

I would not define the current spawn rate of 1 and 2 skulls for top Warlords as a "small percentage". They are quite common.

Edit: 5/10 spawns on board after rerolls are 1 and 2s. 3x3s, 2x4s.

That stinks, I say. Stinks!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  9. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Even though in danger of being accused of more 'whinny noises from WLI' but coming from Mark that's a very mild statement. He's holding himself in check.

I'm mentally prepared myself to clear 1S PvP in the last 2 sessions of season because I've NO plan to spend diamond in the current form of PvP season.

10. BlackAdder666

I stand by my percentages above. If I have to adjust them over time, 4s % would decrease and 1s and 2s increase as it is developing now. Innogames listen to complaints, especially in large numbers. We will wait and see Xatakan and how pvp unfolds. But if this pvp spawn % is here to stay, we all have to get twitter accounts, fax machines, etc and unleash a massive complaint sh*tstorm in a couple of weeks. Being polite and complain in masses seem to get results.

11. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Trust me, you still need many more battles to define those chances ;)

Obviously also 1s and 2s have their (tiny) slice, but it's much more smaller than that ^^

12. BlackAdder666

Slight and tiny chance to get a 1s or 2s?!?I do not want to be impolite or base conclusions on a too small a set, but that is simply not accurate. So many high AP players that get multitudes of low skull and low trophy battles cannot all just be unlucky. Over time I am pretty sure about my %, atleast for my AP range.If your code aim to spawn other percentages, it is just not working as you intended at the moment, especially for us WL 23+.

But it could be a definition problem too. Before 100% spawned was 3s or 4s. Now you introduced a slight chance of spawning 1s and 2s. My feeling right now is that it is 50% or much more chance of spawning 1s or 2s. Maybe over time this will stabilize lower, say 30-40%. In my definition, slight does not mean 30-65%, rather 5-15%. And tiny chance for 1s. My definition for tiny is 1-5%. If you define slight as around 50% and tiny as around 25%, then spawning is working exactly as intended.

We wait and see, personally pvp is so lacking challenge for me now, only thing that keeps me logging in is anticipation of Xatakan. Played WoA for 2,5 years. A lot of farming and a lot of fun. But honestly, the most fun I have had in that time, was the short period only 3s and 4s spawned. I had a high pulse every game, fighting the clock and super hard enemies....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  13. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    I'd suggest you to gather your data for a few more days, so we have a stronger set to discuss about :)

14. Mark Engle

Stross, BlackAdder666 and Primer like this.
  15. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Did you try the free reroll to some of those battles?

16. Mark Engle

Five of those spawns were saved to be rerolled for free in 24 hours. Meaning they started off as 1 or 2 s, and rerolled into 1 or 2s.

The other five spawns are new 1s and 2s. I've rerolled them, and now have three low TC 3s, and 2x 2s.

Is this what the devs intended?

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  17. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Still some unlucky rolls maybe, some 4s should already be there. I'll forward it :)

You should get on average more 4s than 1s, but again... on average.

When talking about random, you could also get 20x 1s in a row, then 30x 4s in a row. Still possible :p

18. Mark Engle

I give up.

Fix your game.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  19. BlackAdder666

Before change the very worst thing that could happen, was that you were forced to actually do a low 191 pvp. Nowadays finding a 191 pvp in a map full of 2s and 1s is almost as good as it gets.4s occurs, but that is around my definition of tiny, ie 1-5%. So frustrating, especially now that over 1300 diamonds were spent this season to keep a high average. Average now? Dwindling...

20. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

I'm not sure why the 'competition' rules are not disclosed. I mean we're competing in a season where the amount of diamonds spent by high AP players decide the winner. Is this what was intended? I can be fine even with that, but having a silly attempt to mask it behind some explanations and hidden percentages will not help.
    I had once the idea of a 'tournament'.
    You'd have to pay with real money to participate, and should be a very small amount (it could be a new in-game currency that you can only acquire with a paid package). Then every player gets the same conditions as everybody else who joins this competition (same army combo, same enemies, no critical hits). Competition conditions would be clear from the start (say 5-10 fights per challenge, get points for number of rounds, damage inflicted/taken, units remained alive). Once you start a fight you have 10 minutes to finish it (like brigands timer) - this would avoid infinite re-tries by restarting the app.