1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Fixed PvP is broken.... Again

Discussion in 'Fixed issues' started by Aniquileitor, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

This is the 18th PvP Season that we've been competing in. Not to be rude but by 2nd Season, we've work out how to optimise the rr rule. Hence, your question sounds very condescending and a bit insulting. I'm surprise that Mark didn't implode from holding his annoyance in check. :confused::eek:

2. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

I do not fully understand what you mean by "the competition rules are not disclosed", do you mean the formulas that affecting the battles spawn? or something different?

We never mean to insult anyone, we are sorry if it sounds like but that is beyond our intention, we need to make sure that all steps have been followed if we are to keep a track of the spawn working as it should or not, I know it may sound like a dumb question when it comes to you as top players when if we need to forward the feedback to our internal team we must do it with facts even though it involves silly questions to the players.

3. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Yes. You're telling to a handful lvl 23 players that the chance of getting 4s is bigger than the one to get 1&2s fights, but some of us stare at a map that has over 50% pvp battles of 1&2s. And the answer is 'random tough luck buddy'. Drink some Kraken and maybe your luck will improve for the next 20 spawns :). Better say it's some game secret and can't be disclosed.
    Again, I'm aware we're talking here about maybe 10-20 players that compete and have a chance for top 10, not a big base, so I appreciate the fact that you read this feedback.

Jin likes this.
  4. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    As Chiri said, obivously it wasn't meant as an insult, I just wanted to know additional details in that case if the battles were from the initial spawn or after one (or more) rerolling attempts to have a better overview on the data set :)

I know that you know how to optimize rerolls :p

5. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

Ahem ... Screenshot_20181201-010158_Warlords.jpg ... does that mean it was the same for EVERYONE and you still WON?? ;):p:D

(to be fair, there were some apologies for the temper in there...)

6. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

I didn't win.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  7. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I still wish that they would just let people chose which level of fight they want to be going into in PvP, instead of trying to balance out a system that was flawed from the start.

BlackAdder666, Loraykin and Jesper like this.
  8. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Had I known about pvp change I would not have spent 1500 diamonds, to win 1200 for 3rd place. Instead I would spend zero diamonds and see all winnings as a positive result, not a negative return. Only medals for 1st and 2nd matters at this stage. But change brought us something really big that will benefit all players in the future; Innogames promised never to change pvp spawn rules in the middle of a season again. Yihaa :D

NoName, alexbb and Jesper like this.
  9. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

I'm not pleased with the current spawn mechanism for top players. The devs did us a big favor a few seasons ago when they eliminated 1s and 2s fights from high level PvP. The competition became more skill-based, and it was all about who could fight all 10 4s 5v6/7 battles every day.

Now, they are back to the diamond grabbing ploy of forcing competitors to reroll the ridiculous number of 1s and 2s spawns. In other words, if you want to be competitive, you better empty your diamond chest.

Yesterday I spent 150 diamonds to avoid fighting a 2s. Today, I wake to one 4s, two 3s, and a bunch of 1s and 2s. After rerolls, I now have to choose if I will spend diamonds again to avoid fighting a 2s.

Look for yourself. Is this the tiny chance of 1s and 2s, Devs?

If this is endgame play, then you can count on this Warlord hanging up his armor.

Jin, BlackAdder666 and Anton Amby like this.
  10. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I already stopped playing PvP, the major reason for me was crit - But the balancing of spawns is a problem too... :p

11. BlackAdder666

New pvp is the same for all players, and it will never change again in the middle of a season - this is a good thing.

The extreme amount of 1s and 2s spawned and rerolled nowadays is same for all, but still very, very, very bad. Not to mention heartcrushing, lifesucking, lowering the joy of gaming, etcetera etcerera...

Owain likes this.
  12. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

As a passive protest to the current spawn mechanism, we could stop using diamonds to rr and let the skull rating stands after the free rr.

Owain and BlackAdder666 like this.
  13. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Or just let those 24 hour timers expire again and only fight your best five each session. Puts us right back where we were two months ago.

He who spends the most Diamonds to reroll and fight the highest TC fights wins the season. And if two or more are going for it, it can be a lot. Remember Zen and Killrod? I don’t recall exact numbers but almost positive it was over 15000 diamonds, and possibly over 20000.

The only reason I even bothered last season is I thought we had stabilized with a lot of 4s battles. Only a few rerolls each day to get to all 4s. I spent 300 in three days. Sustainable. Then the Change hit and that went out the window. Jesper just said he spent 900 this single spawn cycle. Not sustainable for me. They refunded some diamonds from last season which was a fantastic gesture, but it doesn’t change the fact the dynamics are now different.

I won’t even say the new dynamics are better or worse as that is clearly a matter of opinion - with a wide variety of strong views in the community. My opinion is probably obvious, but it is still only an opinion and I won’t present it as a fact or argument worthy item.

My only real heartache last season was changing those dynamics in the middle. Bruthor has promised they see that as an error and won’t do it again. Good enough for me. Time for me to move on and go back to just enjoying the game and not worrying about trying to compete in PVP every single season - just once in a while when I have saved up massive amounts of diamonds to make the run possible. For now it is new territories and promoting the new units.

BlackAdder666, Candle and Jin like this.
  14. Candle

Candle Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Something definitely wrong.
    x4 AP difference between min and max battles available for me right now:
    2631.png 10213.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    alexbb likes this.
  15. BlackAdder666

Last spawn I got 5 doppelgangers, ie fake names and the exact same regiments and AP as my own top 5 regiments. 194 trophies is pretty good these days otherwise filled with 1s and 2s, so decided to kill myself 5 times. LP, MF, LA, DS and a mage is not a big problem at all on most maps. Sorry to all players for having such a weak top 5, not much challenge for y'all. :D

Mark Engle likes this.
  16. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Sorry Arci, but after some more data, the figures don't look tiny for the 1s and 2s chance. I'm re-rolling anything that it is not 4s. After I'm out of free re-rolls, I try to fight only high 3s. In the end, last 3 spawns I was left each time with 5fights of 2s or 1s. My average trophy per fight dropped to less than 192 (that means I'm doing only 3s fights), and at the end of each session I'm carrying forward only 1s&2s fights, all the time 5 fights. Anyway, it is what it is, and we'll deal with it. Hopefully you have some tables where you can see the exact numbers and make the best decision based on that, but the chance to get 4s is definitely smaller than the rest.

Mark Engle, Primer, Jin and 1 other person like this.
  17. Aniquileitor

Aniquileitor Member

You changed something again between seasonseason? Start of season was ok, I got 75% of times 3 or 4 skulls. But since 3 days ago I'm getting one or two battles at 3skulls, the rest at 1 or 2.

Pls return to all-4skull-system, this is crap

Jin, BlackAdder666 and Mark Engle like this.
  18. BlackAdder666

Over a longer time my spawns and rerolls are about:
    1s 30%
    2s 35%
    3s 25%
    4s 10%

Jin and Primer like this.
  19. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Very similar results here. Results rounded.

1s 20%
    2s 25%
    3s 40%
    4s 15%

Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.
  20. Owain

Owain Member

The balance is wrong. I am getting more not less 1 and 2 skull opponents, and it is taking 8 to 15 respawns to get 4 skulls. This is costing far too much to get challenging battles.

BlackAdder666, Jin and Mark Engle like this.