1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Fixed PvP is broken.... Again

Discussion in 'Fixed issues' started by Aniquileitor, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Owain

Owain Member

Unbelievable. I just got told this is bad luck!!!! W.t.f!!!! More convinced this is deliberate to force you to purchase diamonds.

2. Owain

Owain Member

Now at 20000 diamonds this season. It's looking deliberate.

3. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

@Owain

Of course its deliberate.

Pay to win is here to stay. I'm not playing that 'game' for a few meaningless medals.

4. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

You spent 20k diamonds this season?:eek: If yes, you need to reconsider the approach.
    First make sure you have 6-7 units that max your AP (this means a combo of 10% weapon + 15% banner + balanced armor - there's a good thread where NoName has built a great table for max AP armors). These don't have to be your usual fighting set-up, normally on those you would use max physical armor. They are needed only to get high level enemies in PvP (with your army, you should easily aim for max 201T 4s fights.

5. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell I‘m doing very well this season and so far I’ve spent only ca. 2500 diamonds. As the last session is usually quite expensive I expect to spend around 4000 diamonds to win this season.

@Owain , depending whether you made the extra battle at season start I see you entering the top 10 or top 20 this season. Your session average is impressive in it’s consistency but I think your AP is not yet high enough to compete for becoming the ONE. Your session average seems to be 195,3 whereas I you need to be at an average of 196+ to enter top 3. My average this season had been 197 and I have been slouching a bit throughout the last session. Don’t try to win unless you can routinely get 4S fights worth 199TC (or above). The maximum TC I’ve seen is 203 BTW.

Regarding your suspicion that the game is deliberately giving bad re-rolls to encourage higher spending I cannot provide definite proof that this is not the case. Alas in all my experience and gathering data throughout the years I’m playing this game I have never seen any indication that this might be the case.

NoName likes this.
  6. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

Isn’t owain’s example clearly showing that it’s not (only) pay to win?
    I think it’s impossible to win without spending diamonds at all, but Primer is a good example of someone who gathered 12000 diamonds without spending any money. It just takes a lot of time - multiple months - to get there.
    But if you just want to spend money in order to win even 100000 diamonds might not be enough. Actually I think that this is balanced out better than most other games.
    Still I would wish for a skill based PvP format...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

The difficulty of battles may depend on level?

I’m reading about the probabilities of getting the differing difficulties. My experience is different. I’m WL 23, though only a lvl 22-21, 3* army.

I would estimate my ratios as:
    30% @ 4S
    50% @ 3S
    15% @ 2S
    5% @ 1S

I’ve recently rerolled all 10, 3S, battles on display, to see what would happen (hoping for more 2S battles).
    These then became 4 x 4S, 5 x 3S and 1 x 2S battles.

Of course, average results do take a long time to accumulate and are spread across the board, rather than just with individual warlords.
    Still, I appreciate your frustrations: I know these things matter more at the top.

Hope it evens out for you soon, as the devs intend

8. Owain

Owain Member

thanks. Swapping weapons has increased number of cups. But it does not explain the large percentage of 2 skull opponents I was getting. It's the inconsistency of difficulty which annoys me.

9. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Join the club. :mad: all players that are in the top20 each season will complain about that inconsistency.
    https://forum.warlordsofaternum.com/index.php?threads/mythical-armor-stats.10379/#post-17328
    Here's the link to the different AP values that various armors give. A maximized AP value will give you more 4s fights, and your 3s fights will be more in the higher value range of trophies.
    Also, there's a bug at the season start (known as extra battle bug). If you start a fight before the 00:00 GMT Spawn, and finish it after that hour, you get the trophies, and you still have 10 fights in your inventory. Can make the difference on the long run.
    Good luck!

10. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

That is good information BlueRuby. Perhaps that can help the Devs narrow the search for the problem. You seem to have the ratio they think they implemented for all the top level players.

Since it is the fully developed 5s armies who seem to be complaining about too many 1s/2s battles, makes me think the spawn formula is not working the same at that level.

Remember, before introducing 5v6 or 5v7 there used to be a spawn bug where the top AP players were spawning less TC opponents than those slightly below. It was beneficial at that point to use 30% weapons and even legendary armor to keep your AP from being too high. They fixed that, but would not be surprised at all if there is something similar now.

11. Owain

Owain Member

It's a good point. I have only really started having this issue since I maxed out my top 10 units (LVL 23).

12. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

If there is problem regarding distribution then I’m probably not affected by it. I can do 1-3x 4S PvP fists “organically. Of course there had been outlayers, but overall it did not feel wrong to me. I use maximum re-rolls always despite 3S PvPs worth 194TC. Sure, I have my share of 1S and 2S on the map, but as I wait 24 hours to re-roll them I don’t mind them. Everything that’s not worth at least 194TC is the same for me. ;)

13. Mark Engle

My WL18 Ratticus account gets almost all 1s and 2s spawns now. 3s are rare. Even after rerolls.

Way too easy.

Boring.

The devs swung the pendulum too far to the easy spectrum.

14. Mark Engle

My WL23 Marximus account will has already fought two or three 2s spawns, as I'm on a diamond spending strike until the devs do something about upper level play. I have two more 2s I will be fighting on this last day of the season. The number of 1s spawns is personally insulting.:mad:

The majority of fights, after optimizing rerolls, are low TC 3s spawns in the 190-192 range.

Boring.

Snoring.

FWIW, contrast this to a few seasons ago when I finished second. There were only 3s and 4s spawns. Folks weren't spending diamonds, and the challenge was to be able to win 10 very difficult PvP fights each day without succumbing to re-rolling in hopes of an easier fight.

Not happy with PvP in its current incarnation.

Owain likes this.
  15. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Maybe tweak it so that a 1s or 2s fight will re-roll in a 3s or 4s, and vice versa. This might even increase the spending for those who compete for top10, and will allow those who want easy fights to get them.

16. Owain

Owain Member

Due to a flight, I missed the season start, so no chance of competing. To date 70% Of my opponents are two skull. On respawn, an even split between easier and harder opponents.
    This is not about the TC number. But surely I should be getting a far higher 3 and 4 skull percentage?

17. Mark Engle

From some of the tracking we've done in Alliance, about 50% of spawns are 3s.

You have a higher % chance of rolling a 1 or 2s than a 4s.

These #s are based on high AP armies.

I'm at the point where I seriously consider before rerolling a 3s.

Also, the consensus seems to be that the spawn mechanism during the off season is more generous with 4s spawns.

This spawn session, I fought 1x4s and 4x3s. Took all of 20 minutes.

Stellar stuff, devs.

Owain and Jin like this.
  18. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

That's kind of in line with what we're seeing in WLI. So far I've spent about 1k diamonds on re-rolls to keep my average high enough for first place. For example, the last spawn I had 5 new fights, plus 3 free re-rolls available. Only 1 4s initially, and then plus 1 from a paid re-roll (8 paid re-rolls). All 8 free re-rolls ended up in 3,2 or 1s fights. In addition, seems that the lady luck is a lot more generous in hard fights between the seasons.
    (as a side note, your top 5 is still not maxed out. I think you're worth 192 trophies. Looked at your army and you still have banners less than 15%, and some armors not optimal for maxed AP)

19. Owain

Owain Member

Thanks.
    Just respawns 4 fights . All became weaker opponents.