1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Not a bug Pvp ranking hilarity

Discussion in 'Fixed issues' started by Drew, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Drew

Drew New Member

Ok so i have about 1800 army pts or whatever, and ive never got higher than bronze. There are ppl higher than me that sre the same. But just now i noticed two people in my clan with 400 / 350 army points had silver, and even gold on their account. How is this possible?

2. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

It may be theirs are older accounts, restarting after time away.
    Pvp was reworked (a year or so ago now?). Previously, it was possible to get into different leagues, based upon the trophies you earned, rather than being amongst the top 100 players that season.

To my mind, it was a better system, fairer for all.
    I believe reworking pvp may be on the cards, at some point. I hope so.

Jin likes this.
  3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

It maybe a fairer system for reward based on TC but the 2 hours spawn rule play bloody havoc with real life.:confused:

Owain likes this.
  4. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Under the old system it was easier to place near the top if you didn’t fully develop your army. Since it was based on skull level there was basically a penalty for being too strong. Many top players intentionally didn’t promote units as a result. There were even two categories made up to identify which type of player you were - Trophy Hunters (TH) and Power Seekers (PS). Many complained it was basically discouraging advancing your armies if you wanted to compete PVP.

Under the new system it encourages players to advance their army. Rewarding those who play longer or spend money to advance faster. Also newer players are better off as even players who do not place in the top 100 earn more rewards (WCs = shards, diamonds, gold) than a top 10 finish used to earn you under the old system. Helps everyone advance faster.

Old system used to require waking up every two hours during the night to spawn more battles if you wanted to be top 3. You really had to work at it. Personally I think those who work harder should be rewarded, but the new system definitely lets me get more sleep at night. Nobody forced me to try to be competitive through sleep deprivation. It was a choice each player could make.

New system allows anyone with five or more fully promoted Regiments to be competitive if they are willing to spend Diamonds to reroll to harder fights. Basically a bidding war if you want to be first.

Sleep Deprivation vs Diamond Spending.

Both have their good and bad points. Which is better is a matter of personal preference.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Jin likes this.
  5. Drew

Drew New Member

Ah gotcha. That at least makes sense... i couldnt figure it out for the life of me

6. archie

archie Member

I think a real competitive PvP system like in Carcassonne for example is a good way to define the best players.

7. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

Could you explane and maybe translate it so it would work in WoA

8. archie

archie Member

Carcassonne is a turn based board game, but you can find its electronic version at App Store. That version also has a PvP mode with real players. Another example Heroes of Might and Magic (version 3), as I remember users added even ability to make a turn simultaneously when heroes are far away from each other. I guess there aren’t technical issues for creating a similar PvP mode for WoA. It needs to follow to common sense rules: create 1-3 PvP maps without obvious advantages for every regiments; don’t show armies before battles, only player characteristics such as WL, how many wins/loses, etc. Basically, nothing special, needs just a will to do it.