1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Pvp spawn changed again?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BlackAdder666, May 5, 2019.

1. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Many have reported strange pvp spawns last few days. Today I got a 2s worth 190 trophies (usually 190 is the very max a 3s can be worth) and a 3s worth 198 (198 and 199 have always been 4s before). And apart from that a lot of bad spawns. Not competing, but I try to avoid 1s and 2s, so spent 250 diamonds (1 free and 5 diamond rerolls) to get it up to a 3s. Something is being fiddled around with pvp spawns behind the scenes, once again in the middle of a season.

Share your strange spawns!

2. Ushurak@adventures

Ushurak@adventures New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Groot
    Hi Blackadder,

As long as the conditions ar the same for all this does not matter. I personally find that the diamonds rerolling has nothing to do with skills. I have a new post under ideas and suggestions.

But also battles between human player are for me something interesting or between alliances.

Regards

Rak

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  3. BlackAdder666

Please read some old threads! Game is of course the same for all, the point here is that Innogames promised never to change pvp spawn rules in the middle of a season EVER again....

4. Ushurak@adventures

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Groot
    Sorry blackadder to misunderstand your post. Its clear changes during seasons are annoying

5. Arcturus

Arcturus Member

Is the 'crap-gear swapped in for good-gear' PvP spawn trick that an increasing number of players now know about beginning to basically destroy the game's PvP system?

6. Arcturus

Arcturus Member

Or was there actually a recent change the Devs made? Because PvP got real stupid over the last few days. I'm getting armies listed as 2 skulls which are actually OBVIOUSLY 3-skull difficulty. I'm getting 3 skull difficulty battles that would be nigh-impossible for me to win, comparing my units to theirs. AND I'm getting more 4-skull battles than ever. Since the 2 and 3 skull ratings are often wildly inaccurate, I shudder to think what all these 4-skulls I keep getting are like!

Imam likes this.
  7. BlackAdder666

Now we are getting somewhere, keep reporting strange pvp spawns.....

8. BlackAdder666

Today I got 5 3s doppelganger spawns, ie met my own top 5 regiments. Happens from time to time, but falls under strange pvp spawns the last few days.....

NoName likes this.
  9. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

Thanks for your reports. There was no deliberate change of PvP spawns, so it seems there is an error somewhere. We'll investigate.

NoName and BlackAdder666 like this.
  10. Arcturus

Arcturus Member

Two days in a row I have had at least one PvP enemy army that had an AP that was OBVIOUSLY innacurately low. You can tell just by taking a quick glance at the stats of their units. BUT, in both cases I decided to 'give it a go' just to see if I was wrong. I wasn't! In both battles I ended up force-quitting the game multiple times only to find that there simply was NO way I could win the battle other than some serious dumb-luck with criticals or something. In both cases the AP listed was a level that should have been a guaranteed, if not super-easy, win. Both were listed as 2-skull battles. Both were unwinnable! Also, in both cases I wasted half the life-span of a precious Rejuvination potion in trying to win the battles! This issue seems to be happening more and more frequently. Whatever is causing it... it needs to get fixed!

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  11. Arcturus

Arcturus Member

Is it actually the intention that PvP gets harder and harder as you progress through the game? As in... the higher the AP of my top five units, the more 3 and 4 skull battles I will likely get? Because that has definitely been the case recently. It seems to have started a few weeks ago.

12. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I cannot speak for the game developers, but as a long time player I completely disagree. I want harder battles.

This game is getting boring for a player who is fully developed.

If you are a less than fully developed player, you should not be able to win the hardest battles. That is your reason to want to promote further.

Why do players think that with a weaker army they should be able to beat every Warlord who has spent three years developing their armies? Not just those who spend money to promote, but those who spent time to do the same?

13. Ushurak@adventures

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Groot
    @Primer. Thats what i say too. Its only a diamond battle and not akill battle even if with this opinion i make no friwnds. Lets pay 100$ in diamonds have always 199 and you are the king. Nonsense

14. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Hi Bruthor,

Occasionally I also got doppelganger spawns in the last season.
    On top of that, was it a deliberate change the removal of 5vs7 PvP fights? I haven't seen one in few seasons, and the same was reported by other WLI members. I think only 1 member reported a 199 5vs7 fight about 2 seasons ago. Also the max trophy reward now seems to be 199. Personally I would agree to put a maximum cap at let's say 199 or 200 trophies, but still increase the difficulty of the fights for level 23 maxed AP players.
    Last idea is to change the spawning mechanism. Instead of 2 sessions with 5 fights, you should do 1 session per day with 10 fights. This way, you still get one free re-roll per day pe fight, (and probably players will have to spend more diamonds to compete), but you'll not be able to 'save' fights for free re-rolls. In addition, the scores at 00:00 GMT are accurate each session.

15. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

G'Day @Arcturus.

Is it possible for you to tell us a bit more about your main army combo?

For example, my second account, Jin2, has 16 fully upgraded 3* Rank 20 regiments although 2 of them is Rank 21 with no Rank 21 upgrades applied. They've a mix of Legendary and Epic items. 3 of them have 10%CC forged Legendary wespon.

Last PvP season I managed to clear all 4S battles. However, in the 2 previous seasons, I had to rr 1×3S and 1×4S in one and 2×4S in the other. It's the intention of InnoGames to increase the difficulties until warlords have to rr for easier battle. IMHO, it also depend hugely on how you develop your main army combo to clear PvP battles. The other factors are map and AI army combo.

I do have some video of 4S PvP battles in the 'Reboot' thread. I even have a couple that needed to be rr. Maybe we can compare difficulty after you've view them.

NoName likes this.
  16. BlackAdder666

Something is still strange with pvp spawns. But not extreme. On another note I came to an unexpected place. I have nothing to forge. En route to the perfect AP I am missing 3 gear and waiting for them I have nothing to forge. Seems wasteful, so will forge a couple of full phys armor while waiting........

Primer likes this.
  17. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Exact same situation. Need 3 Prophets Armor. Have forged 2 full physical for every class while waiting and doing a couple more now.

Just topped 3 million in gold reserves so that isn’t a limiting factor. Nothing else to spend it on.

18. Arcturus

Arcturus Member

So I take that PvP is in fact designed to get harder the further you get, in order to try to get you to buy diamonds. Makes sense. I would just like to know. If that it the case then it is the case. My top 5 units at the moment are: LA-20 All orange, LC-20 all orange, RP-20 all orange, RR-20 all orange, and DG-20 all orange. Only recently learned of the cheaty DS/DG combo with ToC. (Only recently learned the enemy literally will not attack the tree in most cases etc...) Have started to upgrade only certain gear on certain troops as advised in forums etc... DS not fully upgraded yet. The tactics are not really the issue. Obviously the map setup usually favors the AI, obviously you get less criticals than the AI controlled army does regardless of what the mathematical chances of getting criticals is, etc... I am also well aware of the swap-out good gear for spawn, then swap good gear back on after spawns etc... None of that is really the issue.

My lesser issue was just wanting to know if the devs were just making PvP harder as you progress (not relative to your top 5 AP that is) in order to try to get you to buy diamonds. If that is the case... it is what it is! That makes sense.

My main issue is that I am increasing getting PvP armies spawn (not a lot, just some) that have troops ALL equal-to or superior to my troops, in both XP and Promo levels, who are displayed as 2-skulls and have AP ratings that are OBVIOUSLY lower than they should be. Then, when you look at their actual stats of the units on the battlefield, they are (surprise surprise) superior to my units there as well!

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Member

Yes, I have fought 2-skull that were actually tougher than some 3-skull and vice-versa, depending on composition of armies and the battlefield. I just don't understand what is up with SOME, meaning a small (though worryingly increasing) number of spawns with obviously innacurate Skull and AP ratings. It is NOT subtle when you see it! These armies stick out like a sore thumb! Just wondering if other people are experiencing this. Maybe not.

Anyway, I don't do PvP for competition by any means. I just do it for the Warcoins and Gold. It is pretty obvious to me that the devs need to add a whole new aspect to the game for the long-time veteran players, because all those players have is PvP for the most part. They play a whole different game from us peasants. That makes sense. The devs are trying to suit the PvP system to higher or highest level players and I get that. They are trying to get more money out of veteran players, and I get that. I just gotta accept that, unless I spend more money on the game, I will run into the occasional PvP battle that I cannot win. Darn! ; )

20. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Arcturus.

Thanks for the info on your army combo.

The match up in PvP is definitely top 5. I've tested that extensively with Jin2 army combo during last off season. For 3 consecutive spawns, I've best items on top 5 and the rest is original weapons and common armour and banner. The 4S and 3S still have TC in same range as when I've 16 regiments equipped with best items. Please beware that the AI can choose regiments from top 8 for the PvP.

Spending diamonds is not gonna help you win 4S PvP. Unless you're going for the ONE, there's no point in spending diamonds.

In my 2nd account, Jin2, I don't clear that many 2S PvP. I usually rr 1S & 2S PvP hoping for 3S or 4S. I'll be the first to admit that 4S is really tough because you're actually over match in power. Some high end 3S also caused me some heartache. I must say that I've no problem clearing 2S at all. I don't lost more than 1 regiments in 2S.

In this season start, I lost 6 tegiments in 1st account clearing 9×5v6 4S & 1×3S. However, I lost 14 out of 16 regiments in 2nd account clearing 6×5v5 4S and 2×3S. This has happened consistantly that I can conclude that from Rank 18 to Rank 22(?), the 4S PvP are very challenging for a well balance army combo. I've yet to rr a 4S PvP in 1st account but I've already rr 1×3S and 4×4S PvP in 2nd account.

Part of your problem is your top 5 combo. IMHO, LC and RR is not a good choice if you're using 5 main regiments only. Most warlords that use 5 main regiments uses mainly range regiments. LA, CA, GG, MF/DS, DG/KG/TPB is a very popular combo.

Since the AI can choose from top 8, you'll find that you can face 2 regiments stronger than yours, 1 or 2 at same level and 1 or 2 weaker. T5AP is used for match up so it's not necessarily you'll get regiments with same rank as yours.

Hope this help.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    BlackAdder666, Primer and Hackuuna like this.