1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Regiment comparison

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by NoName, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NoName

NoName Active Member

I have not seen anything that expands on where each unit stands, but if you’re a numbers person. The following may assist you in narrowing down your top Regs. The following does not include any upgraded gear, just the base stats as if each Regs wore nothing.

All listed is on the base stats only. I would not recommend building an Army based on just one of these list, because passive & active abilities along with bonuses to class damage are all very important; however, if you’re at a cross roads when deciding on between which Reg to incorporate next, or just narrowing down your key players, this might help your Army development.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Burgin, Royallitty, Guru and 4 others like this.
  2. NoName

NoName Active Member

The order of top damage units are as follows…

1st TSG (magic dmg)

2nd TB

Tied for 3rd LP, RP & PX

Tied for 4th SM, FM (magic dmg)

5th GH

Tied for 6th RR, RT, DG & KG

7th LC

8th DS (magic dmg)

9th TPB

10th MF (magic dmg)

Tied for 11th FK & DT

Tied for 12th CA & LC

Last GG

TSG & TB are very close.

The 3rd, 4th & 5th groups are fairly close.

Including the DS and on down, this is when the damage output really changes in comparison to the rest of the field.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Dezytrius and Burgin like this.
  3. NoName

NoName Active Member

The order of top units that can take a hit are as follows… *Note this does not differentiate between phys & magic attack it is purely based on HP.

1st TPB

Tied for 2nd DG & KG

3rd TSG

4th GH

Tied for 5th LP, RP & PX

Tied for 6th FK & DT

7th TB

Tied for 8th RR & RT

9th DS

10th GG

11th LA & CA

12th SM & FM

13th LC

14th MF

Dezytrius and Burgin like this.
  4. NoName

NoName Active Member

Units with a naturally high Dmg to HP ratio, assuming all upgrades & set bonuses are applied, are as follows…

Tied for 1st SM, FM, LC, MF

Tied for 2nd LA, CA, TB, DS

3rd TSG

Tied for 4th RP, PX, LP, RR, RT

5th GH

Tied for 6th FK & DT

Tied for 7th DG & KG

8th TPB

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Burgin likes this.
  5. NoName

NoName Active Member

Units that cost the lowest amount of gold to fully upgrade to level 23…

Tied for 1st SM & FM

Tied for 2nd DG & KG

Tied for 3rd RP, PX, LP, RR & RT

Tied for 4th CA & LA

5th LC

6th DS

7th FK & DT

8th MF

9th GG

10th TB

11th GH

12th TSG

13th TPB

Burgin likes this.
  6. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Is this based on regiments with all upgrades applied?

7. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

No humans in top 5. Pansies....

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  8. NoName

NoName Active Member

Yes, all lists are built are based on all upgrades, & set bonuses being applied

9. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

Good list & work
    So in the end I noticed that the most popular units are actually quite low on the lists you presented

10. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Maybe low on the list. But special abilities play a big factor also. ROF to shape battlefield is something I use almost every fight. Pikes switch position is also huge.

Trut and GG are really the only nonHuman units I use the special ability on frequently. Even TPB doesn’t do a lot for me.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  11. NoName

NoName Active Member

If you throw in a few passive abilities like a starter pike’s Protected Flanks, and had one adjacent friendly unit this would move her up to #2 on the damage list.

Incorporate the FK’s Master of the Plains this would move him up to the #3 spot, on the damage list, when attacking on a plain tile.

If a warlord built a GG with a +5% bonus damage, this would move TB to #1, GH to #4, DS to #5, and DT to #8

12. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Kind of fun how MF is behind everyone else, but in terms of actual combat she's one of the best (if not THE best) regiments in the game. :D

13. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

How did you determine the AP in these cases? I recall that the formula for AP requires an ability 1 and ability 2 value. Did you determine those values? I only ask because I recall experimentally comparing AP of fully upgraded level 18 regiments with basic weapon/banner/armor and found that a few of the regiments are actually higher/lower than expected in reality due to the ability 1 and ability 2 values.

Granted that was comparing lvl 18 and not lvl 23 regiments so the picture at 23 may be different.

14. NoName

NoName Active Member

I used the AP formula.

Again, all lists are inclusive of all upgrades & set bonuses applied. Assuming all active & passive abilities are unlocked. The base stats (Dmg, HP, & Soldier count along with the Reg multiplier, Bonus multiplier, Dmg multiplier, defense multiplier, soldier multiplier, etc) I did include the ability 1 & 2, but that part of the formula is moot. Because, each Reg is assumed to have an equal amount of abilities unlocked.

The damage & HP lists I worked up first on a max potential & then on an average. And, they came out in the same order, but with a few point variations.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  15. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

I don't think that part of the formula is moot considering not all regiments end up with the same value. The last time I did the spreadsheet calculations and got them to match my regiments values I reached that conclusion, as did Gottspieler as seen in this thread. Some regiments have a weaker multiplier for ability 1/2 than do other regiments, which is why I say that some regiments end up in a placement that you wouldn't expect.

Now, if you do actually have all regiments at level 23 with full upgrades and did a controlled comparison with base gear and it ended up exactly as if you had assumed ability 1/2 were the same then I stand corrected.

16. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

Is there any chance you could port your spreadsheet to Google Drive and make it available (read only). Or share it some other way?

17. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

Unfortunately I don't have it available. If my regiments were still in a state to be compared I'd do it again but I now have a mix of 2-5* and level 14-23 regiments. I also didn't compare every single regiment as I was only interested in comparing the 5 different mages at level 18 at the time.

This was the method I used:
    1. Equip the same banner/weapon/armor
    2. Have all upgrades and at the same level
    3. Plug numbers into the power formula while at first assuming Ability1/Ability2 work out to 0.4 and are identical
    4. Check how the game calculated my power and see how the regiments are ordered by the game (regiments are sorted by AP)
    5. If a regiment was not in the order expected, change their weapon/armor until they are and see how that changed the calculated AP
    6. If the difference is enough that rounding isn't a plausible explanation then conclude that combined a1/a2 are different.
    It's definitely possible I made some errors while doing it and reached an incorrect conclusion but I think that Gottspieler had the same conclusion. Obviously the developers could tell us definitively if they wanted to :)

18. NoName

NoName Active Member

Hackuuna, I understand your frustration, and that's one reason I only ranked the Regs. I did not want to put a number to it, because then I would get a bunch of "Can you calculate my Top 5?"

I will say that when I spent a great deal of time plugging in all my own numbers, the order was the exact same as how they are listed on my in game Army screen. Yes, I have also calculated my own AP, and I'm usually within +/-2 (which is probably a rounding issue???)

My real intentions for posting these are so a Warlord building his Army can see things like...

TPB has a high AP, can take a hit, is mediocre at damage, and BTW costs the most to upgrade.

Or,

That fact that Starter Guards & Starter Riders have the same damage potential.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Jin and Primer like this.
  19. Uijo

Uijo New Member

Really nice info provided. I am curious to know which unit is the most cost effective to upgrade for warlord experience but might not be worth the effort calculating it since its just out of curiousity. Thanks.

20. Uijo

Uijo New Member

I am upgrading the LC because of the free shards from Brigand Islands. Could you provide the full list of most cost effective warlord XP? Thanks