1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Regiment comparison

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by NoName, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

While the Orc, and Giants Regs are definitely more expensive, this also means you can sell those expensive upgrades for a lot more. Additionally, that expense will be made at some point in the game either when you're trying the get to some Regs to lvl 23, or when you're saving up to forge mythical gear. Either way, you'll eventually pay the piper.

I look forward to reading another Anton Amby Tier list

2. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Loraykin, I am so sorry, and thank you very much for pointing that out. I must have been distracted, or mentally unsound when I posted that, because it should not have looked like that. I have edited the post.

3. Suporex

Suporex New Member

Bro, thanks a lot. That is exactly what I was looking for.

[EDIT] Everywhere I read people mention RoF but I don't find it that useful at all, It blocks nothing really and does not do much damage, if I move in mages for the kill they can be reached next turn anyway. I think I just don't know how to use it properly as I go for loads of damage shot rather then RoF almost every time. Only time I use RoF is when there are explosives on the map so I cripple enemies + explode barrels next to them...

4. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    It takes some time to get used to and a lot of Warlords also seem to use it in different ways. I like using it as a zoning tool to keep one or two enemy regiments from entering the fight until the RoF burns out - That way I'm effectively fighting a 5v3 and not a 5v5 for a couple of turns while also dealing a bit of damage to the regiments hit by the RoF.
    For Example:
    [​IMG]
    Using the RoF here blocks the enemy Archer and Pike from reaching my army.

NoName likes this.
  5. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

NoName likes this.
  6. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

NoName.PNG
    Ishi.jpg
    Wanted to share some info on my two Army's...

Both of these accounts can earn enough trophies in order to earn the season rewards for purchasing 6 shards per day without making the Leader Board. I'm including the guarantee that I will earn 500 WC per day, from every 2S battle and above, as I don't fight 1S PVP battles.

While the shard distribution is unbalanced in the Legendary Army, that's simply from the daily rewards, and ships from the Dewport Harbor. Currently, I'm not pursuing the sole development of any particular Reg.

The two alleged lower Regs LP & GH are my number 1, or 2. While the constant between the two are the MF & Starter Archers.

You can see I have 5 of my lower Regs in the Sky Arch, I have always done this in order to maintain the bench. Additionally, I put my better armor on my lower (positions 7-12) ranked Regs as another means to keep them generally equal, and therefore playable.

For my Legendary Army, I have many BI battles primed and saved for the release to the new Regs, and fully intend to include them in order to determine their playability.

There's a lot of ways to play the game, and its always been the freedom to do so that I enjoyed the most.

Lastly, the best Regiment in this game is you, and how you use your Regs against the opponent put on the map you've been provided.

Happy Warlording ;)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  7. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

With your second account as well? So you can get to an average trophy count of 180 in PvP battles with legendary only regiments? That is unexpected for me, as it's close to the around 200 the people on the leaderboard seem to get. Do you carry all upgraded legendary gear?

8. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Loraykin,

I'm banking that fact I won't pay full price through the duration of the season. Also, while the WC last throughout the season, I don't necessarily buy all shards. I have left 5 Regs untouched. Last season the Legendary Army earned nearly a 170 TC average, and yes I upgraded/forged my Legendary gear, although nothing is currently higher than level 8. This season will be a bit lower with the changes in spawns; however, I don't think it will be a severe impact. Currently the Legendary Army has a WC balance of 5652 with 3 days remaining in the season. 2400 per day for full price shards, so 7200 needed to close out the season, plus the 1500 collected for PVP victories will only get me to 7100; therefore, I'm banking I'll get at least one discount offer in the next six offerings.

Also, I guess should have specified season length, on a short season, both accounts can make it, while I have to be a little cautious with the longer season. Either way, if you're looking to a precise measurement we would need to know the frequency of 25% discounts, I never took it that far I just know a 3* Legendary Army with mostly level 21 Regs is the threshold to WC spending freedom for shards. Once I crossed that line, I started buy the 600 WC shard when it's discounted 25%, and execute other shard purchases with a high frequency. Lastly, the other variable not included is how many 4S battles are completed during the season for the immediate 25 extra WC earned over the 2S & 3S battles. Just two 4S per day is another 700 WC.

If you play the math only, and went with guarantees only, you need 33,600 WC to last 14 days, less the 7000 earned for completing all 2S & 3S battles, that's a 190 average required. Ignoring a handful of offers, buying on discount & 4S battles overcome this necessity.

Yuck, numbers, numbers, numbers... yep, easy to contend my statement, but you'll just know when you're there. Just wanted to share with those that may be getting close, and didn't know it.

Jin likes this.
  9. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

My calculation was 6 shards a day is 5*400 + 1*300 (since one of 6 slots is discounted by 25%), equals 2300 WC a day, minus the guaranteed 500 you get directly from 2S/3S fights, so you'd have to get 1800 trophies a day, with 10 fights, 180 average. Minus what you get between seasons, but that's not a big deduction. The almost 170 you got last season and your gear level is what I was interested in, thanks for sharing!

10. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Also, minus the 50-75 WC for the 'extra battle', and the 180 or so WC from the trophy conversion.
    Minus the WC reward for bronze chest.

It all adds up.

The conundrum arises when you want to purchase mythical gear @5000 WC a pop.;)

Jin likes this.
  11. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

As usual I have stared over... here's an Army 50 days old & attempting take advantage of the alliance ships that will eventually only reward shards for unlocked Regs. Either way it is saving me on the top row of the WH which allows me to catch up newly unlocked Regs a bit faster. 8 potential unlocks, not on my radar as I have already tested, or rather played around with those Regs extensively.
    Screenshot_20190702-173045_Warlords.jpg

It has been ~120 days since I took a snapshot of my primary Army, as you can see top 12 hasn't changed much, although the gold reserve is really piling up ;)
    20190702_174513.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    m0rc, Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.