1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New regiment not wounded but need rest after battle ?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by elderly, Jul 2, 2019.

1. elderly

elderly New Member

Warlord Level:
    I have kept the Predator (1 of today's daily tasks) far away from frontier during battle and not wounded during battle.
    But after the battle, it shows the Predator need to take 45 minutes rest before joining another battle. Want to know why a "0 wounded regiment" need to take rest, bug or any other thing?

2. EvilKnightD

EvilKnightD Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    BRIT
    Seems weird, I would have loved a screen of that. (Too late for that I guess).
    Is it possible this regiment took some RoF damage or chained lightening?

3. elderly

elderly New Member

Warlord Level:
    I only find this out when returning to map after battle, thus never thinking of taking picture to show "0 wounded".
    The battle is the 7th out of 10 for the daily task. To avoid waiting for recovery, I move the Predator (level 18) to the south-western part of the map. I advance 4 regiments (level 23) to the central and north-eastern part for fighting. The battlefield is 6 hex away the Predator, thus the Predator will not be affected by lighting or archery.

4. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

I'll try my best to explain what's happening here since it's a little trick I've picked up and it can also come back to haunt you if you aren't aware of it:
    1. If the last move of your turn ends the game (meaning no other regiment has any move left because they did their moves) the game will calculate the beginning of a new turn before going to the rewards screen. You won't actually see anything change so you won't know it happens.
    2. This can also be triggered by pushing the 'End Turn' button before the game ends even if your move has ended the game.
    3. If there are any RoF on the ground when this happens your regiments in the RoF will TAKE DAMAGE that doesn't show in the final screen. This is why you might see mysteriously long cooldowns after the fact.
    4. Similarly you might have had injured regiments next to MF and when the game ended you noticed your regiment was no longer injured. This is exactly the same cause (it's like a bonus heal at the end).
    5. The 'bonus turn' will not happen if any of your regiments still have a move and you haven't pressed the 'End Turn' button when the rewards screen shows up.
    6. The 'bonus turn' will not count towards turn totals when calculating crushing victories.
    I use this trick all the time to lower cooldowns on regiments while getting a crushing victory but unfortunately it sometimes backfires when a RoF takes someone below 50% health and I'm left with a 45min cooldown.

For example, let's say you have 5 regiments remaining and the enemy has 1 regiment. You select one of your guys to attack and select the attack. The attack is sufficient to kill the last enemy but before the final rewards screen shows up your 'End Turn' button is still available. Hit the end turn button for a bonus hidden turn.

This is a bug or a feature depending on your perspective but I think most would say this is a bug. As long as there is still an animation going on you can still press 'End Turn'. You'll notice if you play fast that sometimes after you've selected something for an attack the next guy you select to attack won't be able to select the same enemy. This is because the game has already calculated that you killed the enemy but haven't played out the animation yet.

Jin and Fikus like this.
  5. AngelRipper

AngelRipper Member

Warlord Level:
    Yes but where would the RoF come from if there are no enemies left, and elderly claims he placed the regiment way outside of battle range

6. Hackuuna

RoF can be your own or an enemies and it could be around regardless if there's any enemies left since it lasts 2 turns. He could be far outside battle but still end up moving himself onto a RoF for that final critical turn thinking it won't hurt him.

An enemy DS tree can also cause extra damage.

7. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Next question would be was the LP at full soldier count prior to entering the battle? Because @elderly could have deployed a partially recovered LP, and missed the aforementioned by @Hackuuna which just maybe took place the battle prior.

So, if the LP was on partial recovery, and took no damage during the battle, afterwards LP stlll has cool down remaining.

8. elderly

elderly New Member

Warlord Level:
    1/ When I deploy the Predator, she is already 100% recovered.
    2/ start from the 1st turn, I already move Predator to the south-western corner of the map while the remained 4 regiments to the central part to form a defensive line. The Predator is more than 4 hex behind the battle frontline. There is no Rain of Fire or other battle effect nearby within the whole battle .
    3/ usually I check all regiment status before starting of every turn to plan my move. Before the last turn of fighting, the Predator is still 0% wounded (full team). During the last turn, there is no fighting nearly as she is more than 4 hex from fighting area.
    That's why I can't understand why it needs to take recovery after the battle .

9. Hackuuna

That's truly strange then as it shouldn't have been on any cooldown after what you've described. Did you recently apply soldier upgrades to LP while he was wounded?

10. Ranulf

Ranulf New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    SWind
    I’ve seen units go to Recovery mode when upgrading them, or their armour. Could that be it?
    Or does it happen all the time?

11. elderly

elderly New Member

Warlord Level:
    Hackuuna, I only upgrade the regiments at the first time I log-in everyday. After long time recovery at night, all regiments already fully recovered. This that will not as the case you describe.
    Ranuff, I never meet the case you describe before. When forging items, no effect on the regiments.