1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

FEEDBACK Release Notes 0.65 - Alliance Quests

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bruthor, Apr 11, 2019.

1. RasClart

RasClart Active Member

This is a minor quibble, I know....

It would be great if the name, “Alliance Points”, could be changed....
    AP is already used for Army Power....

BlackAdder666 and Jin like this.
  2. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    This is something that I'm a bit worried about as well (because it's rather likely to happen), but it's kind of a risk that you need to run if you want to add a multiplayer aspect to the game. (can't really think of a way to get around it)
    Worst case scenario would be that people start getting thrown out of alliances for not being active enough and that alliances just end up being a way to make money instead of what they're meant to be for. (hopefully that won't ever happen though, and if it does hopefully devs will try to fix it as fast as they can)
    I think it's unlikely that any alliance will have 40 members that do every quest every day, but it could also be done by an alliance with 35 doing max rewards 10 doing half rewards and 5 being inactive (for example) so it's still possible to get there.

We could just call it ALP for ALliance Points or something like that? Would probably take a lot more effort to change the actual name of it than it would take for us to come up with another acronym for it. :p

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    BlackAdder666 likes this.
  3. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I am partial to ALPO for Alliance Points. That was a popular dog food when I was growing up. Not even sure if it is still around.

Jin and Anton Amby like this.
  4. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    What about Quest Points? :p

Yeah, unfortunately this may happen on some hardcore/competitive alliances, but I'm quite sure also some more "casual" alliances will be formed without AQ participation thresholds.

Just to take a close example, our other game Elvenar has plenty of similar features (alliance goals that require mostly everyone do to their part to reach the higher goals) and there are hardcore alliances and softcore alliances :)

Once alliance could also be fine with getting the Epic ship rather than the Mythical every week :)

RasClart likes this.
  5. Lundene

Lundene Member

I think the way to overcome the alliances breaking up due to mix of active and inactive would be to have the players register if they will participate that week... this means that the thresholds could be set based on alliance members who have signed up irrespective if its 1 or 40. You only get reward if you signed up and participated. Each alliance might say only participate if you will do xxxx quest points.

That way if you signed up and did nothing u would get nothing or be kicked out of the alliance for not doing what you said. Would allow alliance to maintain their active players and those who are more casual keeping a friendly vibe going.

Diesel likes this.
  6. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Wouldn't that just lead to ''solo alliances'' where you're only yourself in it and then you just complete all of the quests by yourself and get the max chest? :p

7. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I am curious to see what actually happens. I can think of a lot of possibilities, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if there is a totally different dynamic that emerges. It should be interesting to see.

One thing I am fairly confident of is that the change is a definite improvement in helping new and mid level players advance faster (anything that increases shard count will do this). It does not take anything “away” or change any game dynamics and therefore we shouldn’t run into the usual “you ruined the game” complaints. It is simply additional rewards for fighting battles you are probably already doing, but using certain Regiments to do it. Those who do not want to participate do not have to and can continue to enjoy the same game experiences they already have.

I believe this will be a significant, positive change for the game overall. Just a little disappointing because end game players were hoping for something new and more challenging.

GoldReaper and Jin like this.
  8. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

I think the rewards for this need to take into account the players who do have everything maxed. Either something needs to be done to give value to shards that are over the amount you need (I love the suggestion of making them tradeable to alliance members for diamonds) or alternative rewards need to be offered to those who can't even receive a shard reward that is useful.

How about including a little bit of logic that says "if player has no regiments left to gain shards, then give 5 diamonds for each shard that would have been rewarded instead".

NoName, Diesel, BlackAdder666 and 3 others like this.
  9. Lundene

Lundene Member

But then you would be lonely.... you could create it so there is a base amount based on 3
    -5 members and scale from there etc, make it that the points needed per person decreases with number of active players participating. lots of different ways to do it...

10. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Will there be an alliance ranking? Or anything to make it feel like competing? Or is just running around the tail for the carrot?

BlackAdder666 and Anton Amby like this.
  11. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I really want to know this too...
    Personally feel like we could delete the Brigand/Badges leaderboard and put one for alliance quests there instead.

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  12. John Holland

John Holland New Member

Anybody else finding the game crashes after battles since the latest upgrade?

13. Owain

Owain Member

As a close to max WL there is little in this. I can see the attraction for lower level players. But, the game needs to retain top players as well, and this does not advance that aim.

Jin, Candle and BlackAdder666 like this.
  14. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

Regarding the fear of troubles in the Alliance because some players may not pull in the same way as the others (or not pulling at all) I totally understand this situation. I have been playing in collaborative games for many years and sadly, this is a situation that will be encountered in any game that uses Alliances/Guild/Tribes system. It can lead to kicking out players from time to time as I read above but eventually with time and effort (even luck) you will find yourself with a great bunch of players collaborating all together and that really pays off.

SaltyBigBeavis likes this.
  15. klimbo

klimbo New Member

whow you get this photo please ?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  16. Noob

Noob Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    SOS
    Why I dont see the quest in eastgate?

17. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Quests will be enabled on Tuesday, when 0.65 will be available for everyone.

Imam likes this.
  18. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Monday 6:40pm Sydney, Australia time and still no update in Play Store. I assume the Quest start Tuesday 10am Sydney time. It's gonna be a hectic morning.

19. Kardigan

Kardigan New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Dkal
    Its monday? Where is the Update for Ios users? ;(

20. Arci

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Monday in our timezione (CEST) still has 10 valid hours :p

The update to 0.65 is now available worldwide and on both platforms, please check the App store. If it's not available yet, it will be in a few minutes, which is just the time the app store takes to gradually let everyone get the update :)

The Alliance Quest activation is still planned for tomorrow.

Jin and BlackAdder666 like this.