1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Release Notes for Version 0.54 - PvP Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Updates' started by Bruthor, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

Greetings, Warlords!

With version 0.54 we are improving our PvP Matchmaking. The rebalancing of this system will be most prominent in the early stages of the game and for our most advanced players.

[​IMG]

If you are rather new to the PvP area in Warlords of Aternum, you will now have a higher chance of running into 2-skull and sometimes even 3-skull battles. Beating more difficult opponents will help you with your overall game progression until you unlock the first Stronghold on the map.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you are a very advanced Warlord with an incredibly high army power, you will be happy about the fact that you will no longer see 1-skull or 2-skull PvP match-ups. The chance of spawning 4-skull battles has more than tripled in this region as well.
    And there is more! If your army power is one of the highest in Aternum, you can now get matched against similar power levels by facing enemies with more than 5 regiments on the battelfield!

BUG FIXES
    • Particle effects on terrain type "Village" no longer appears as rotating pink squares.

Please use this feedback thread to let us know what you think!

GoldReaper, Jin, Anton Amby and 3 others like this.
  2. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Let's put some light on the latest happenings regarding PvP.

The new PvP matchmaking is now disabled due to the recent server issues.
    The first spawn of the next season will still be calculated with the old system (potentially 3v3 and 4v4 battles may spawn and 5v6+ are not included).

Our plan is to enable the new system as soon as possible tomorrow but we cannot guarantee it will happen before the second PvP spawn (tomorrow morning in Europe).

In any case, something worth mentioning:
    1. When the new PvP matchmaking will be rolled out, it will be also announced ingame.
    2. Using the reroll feature (even the free one) after the update will be performed with the new system (no 3v3 and 4v4 battles and 5v6+ may spawn).

In case you still have any question, feel free to ask in the feedback thread.

Guru likes this.
  3. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    The new matchmaking has been succesfully re-enabled. Using the reroll battle feature will now calculate the battle with the new system.

BlackAdder666, Guru and GoldReaper like this.