Fulfilled Sadly, I am retired. Thanks!

Zancudo

Hello guys. It is time to retire from the game. After almost 3 years playing, I find no motivation to continue. PvP system game (the only motivation item of the game for me) has converted in a extreme bidding game. I must leave room for other players who are more motivated to enter in the Alliance.

I want to thank the whole community for the good times.

Good luck to everyone in your future projects and greetings to all, specially to friendly WLI old players!

Last edited:

BlackAdder666

Hope devs are reading this! With no new content and pvp is all about spending diamonds, more and more maxed players will leave this game due to boredom. How about making regiments 6* and maybe even 7* with a third ability?

Anton Amby

Hope devs are reading this! With no new content and pvp is all about spending diamonds, more and more maxed players will leave this game due to boredom.
Completely agree with this, they're adding content - But it's mainly for the new or mid-game players. Players who maxed their army out (or just have all the regiments they like at 5*) aren't getting anything new or challenging from these updates. :(

How about making regiments 6* and maybe even 7* with a third ability?
Personally disagree with this - Making 6*/7* regiments would just prolong the grind and make the numbers bigger without adding much in terms of gameplay. After some time we'd just be right back to where we started.
Also don't think we need a 3rd ability for regiments, the fights already have enough complexity in my opinion and it would also clutter up the fight UI a bit - The game just lacks new stuff to do imo.
As a small sidenote they'd also need to make the stars on the portraits smaller for them to fit into the frames of the regiment portraits on the ''Army menu'' and PvP-screen's which would probably end up looking kind of stupid once we get to 7 or 8+ stars. :p

BlackAdder666

Well 6* and 7 would give maxed players something to do. Most would reach 6 immediately with collected excess shards, but chasing 7, choosing which regs to promote first would bring back some life. Really rich players can of course reach 7 quickly.

But in pvp season this would shake up things. With T5, T8 and total AP increasing, maxed players building towards 7 would be getting higher AP and spawn higher AP, thus getting more trophies. Unfair to people that just got 5-8 maxed regiments and spend diamonds like crazy to place well in season? Of course. But pvp would maybe be more a competition, instead of a diamond bidding war. Big spenders can of course use diamonds to get AP up and max their spawns, then use diamonds to win season. But for quite a while we would see more competing, less bidding.

With no new content, as a maxed player the only fun is bragging rights from pvp season. And I am totally desillusioned about placing there. If you miss extra battle, and spend no diamonds, you should be happy to place top 100. Last season I got 99th, season before I placed below 100, and that is after most of my pvp were 199, 198 and some 191-194. That is how crazy the bidding has become. A lot of players seem to spend and spend, just to place top 100, and that is a humungous negative return for them.

So nowadays, you grind the pvp, grind the ship goals, farm the factions. Goddamn, that is a boooooooring grind. So 7* regiments would give all new grinding goals, but perhaps breath some life into pvp season. And diamond income for company will increase.

Hackuuna

Hello guys. It is time to retire from the game. After almost 3 years playing, I find no motivation to continue. PvP system game (the only motivation item of the game for me) has converted in a extreme bidding game. I must leave room for other players who are more motivated to enter in the Alliance.

I want to thank the whole community for the good times.

Good luck to everyone in your future projects and greetings to all, specially to friendly WLI old players!
Take care Zancudo or as Mimi used to say "zancutie!" We've both taken a break as well to see what direction the game will take.

BlackAdder666

Devs, any chance for 6* and 7* regiments soon? Many maxed players have thousands of shards saved up in excess after promoting all available regs to 5*. I reached 4000 shards in excess 3 months ago....

Primer

Maybe you should start your own alliance now. You can call it "The Retired". Maybe an idea for WLI people giving up to still have a place. Then it might well be the strongest alliance out there, albeit non-active :)
Svetskavista, Zen the Ducky, Marximus, Zancudo, SirGallant, Demo, Aleatory, Hackuuna, Mimi, Aki just to name a few. There are others but these were some of the more active and several are still at or near top of all time power and medal leadeboards

Jesper is effectively retired but checks in once a month or so. I am giving it serious consideration after my current forge cycle finishes and I reach Max AP tomorrow.

BlackAdder666

Things needed to keep WoA alive in the long run:

1. Factions need to be downplayed, ie roll back or remove last 2 updates.
2. A new map section and especially a new reg needs to come soon.
3. 6* and 7* regiments need to appear some time, why not sooner than later.
4. Some other exciting new content must come soon.

I still love the community, cooperation and turn based action. Do not want game to disappear because of players leaving, so something on the above list has to materialize - of course sooooon...

Jin

Might I add that new maps for PvP would be a very welcome addition. It's been ages (2+ years) since we've new PvP maps.

Anton Amby

Might I add that new maps for PvP would be a very welcome addition. It's been ages (2+ years) since we've new PvP maps.
I wish they would do a ''community makes maps and we implement the best ones'' kind of thing (like what the old devs did a long time ago)
Would make it easier for the devs since they wouldn't have to design the maps and would also give the community something to do. (could gather all of the maps and then make people vote for which ones they like the most on FB and implement top 10 or something like that)