Seasons scores, statistics & projections

Nightcrawler

Hello to all!

After playing at WoA a lot of time, I realized that I get a lot of informations of the game seasons.
How many points the winner have? How many points you need to stay in the first 100 season players? Track your power progression?
I put all the data I have collected while playing in a spreadsheet (I like them a lot... the spreadsheet!) . And this statistics are now available for you!
Yes, exactly for you that are reading! But I didn't limit to statistics. Also I create a little sheet that allows you to make projections of your end season scores.

Yes, this are only statistics, but from this data maybe you can obtain some helpful hint for the game. Also, I try to update the statistics sheet at every season and, hopefully, update it with new options. If you have some requests, feel free to ask me. Also, I start to collect some data only recently. If you have some screenshot of end season that shows data not in the sheet, please put them in the thread so I can update the sheet.

And now go on with the descriptions of the sheets.

This are the sheets:
  • Closed: Closed seasons, with data updated from the Knight to the King season
  • Running: Allows to insert the actual season personal data, allowing average and final score projection
Closed

Note: This area is protected to prevent alterations of the data, but you can unlock freely to update the personal data

1578864946501.png

This is self-explanatory. This is where there are the data for the different seasons, with scores for different rankings and an area to sign your scores and the rank. Note that you have a rank only if in the top 100 - The game doesn't show your rank if you're over 100 (but I hope in a game feature to show it)
The 0/ND data are there... because I didn't have them!

1578865356226.png

This area shows the statistical data of the average scores. There are two main areas, one with the statistics for '11th match' trick and the other without it.
As you can see, to obtain the same final score with the trick you can have a lower average score for battle. Math is math!

1578865633620.png

The last section is dedicated to the All time ranks, both for power and for rank. Here there are only the 1st and 100th position, because I don't feel that the other positions are worth of tracking. Also there's a column to track the power of your top 5 armies, useful because higher is the power of your 5 armies, higher is the reward in the PvP battles (Actually the maximum for 4 skulls is 200). To obtain this data, you can use the Armies spreadsheet in the following thread

Regiment Stats and Comparison (Take III)

Running

1578866068807.png

Here you can track your current season and see the average scores and projection. The white fields are editable, all the others are involved in some math.
All the rows are independent; each of them refers only to itself, and not on other data you insert in other days.

In the green area you insert the season's data: Name, Start and End date and (choice of yes / no) if you have done the '11th battle' trick.
After insert this data, the calendar is automatically filled.

In the "Daily left" you insert the battles left for the selected date. A day have 10 battles, and left this field is empty means that you have complete all of them.
In the "Score" you insert your actual score in the season. All maths are consequently elaborated.
The "Daily+" and "Points+" are here to simulate the result of a battle. If you insert a number of battles and the score they give, you have a simulation of the average and end season score. This is useful to see the changes without modify your real actual score in the "Daily left" and "Score" columns.
The "Final" is simply the sum of "Score" and "Points+", so this is the final score taken for the last two columns.
The "Average" is the average score with the battles fighted until now.
The "End season projection" shows your end season score if you keep the actual average.

This is all. As mentioned above, feedback & suggestion are well accepted.

Finally, this is the link for the spreadsheet. I keep a fixed name, so you don't change the link over the time.

The statistics are updated until the Pegasus season, ended 14/01/2020

Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Heraion

Hey Night, the projections would seem to work. Next season I will try to make longer-term screenings.
Beyond that, you have done a great job! see you in chat.;)

Heraion

The projection for the first three positions would seem to confirm those of the past season. I believe, however, that the tenth position is increasing considerably. We will see in a few hours

derwaaaal

Thank you for the effort, but to get this right: this is more for Lvl23 warlords, or even players with maxed 17-20 regiments who have a chance getting into Top100 than for mid-level players like e.g. Lvl11 - there you would more strive to having easy PvP's (including gear-changing, even getting less war-points), right?

Zarthas

If you think raise top 100 before WL23, that's just impossible. But, that's easy to make good pvp fights at low levels.

If you have too difficult pvp fights, that's because you have too much increase your power. For decrease your power, you must equip low not evolved gear on your regiments before the PvP resets (0h-12h for GMT+0).

Heraion

I am a teammate of Nightcrawler and I have given him some tips on how to present the work in the forum, nothing more.
Thank you for enriching the discussion Derwaaaal.
But I have to make you reflect on one thing: certainly the sheet presented by Nightcrawler refers to those who try season by season to enter the top 100 (and there are not a few...), therefore from this point of view the work is certainly partial, on the other hand, Nightcrawler is completely impossible to be able to draw up forecasts for players who are not included in the ranking as there is no truly general ranking available, that is, comprising more than 100,000 players. From this point of view the only reference would be only the hundredth place but nobody has any idea, season after season, what is the minimum of those who participate in the pvp.

From a point of view of the correctness of the information provided to the players, it is necessary to ask the developers to create a real general ranking. Only then could one try to create an Excel sheet with projections and statistical averages of the players who do not enter the top100. Indeed, yours could prove to be a great suggestion to make the gaming experience more democratic.

derwaaaal

If you think raise top 100 before WL23, that's just impossible. But, that's easy to make good pvp fights at low levels.
no, I am not sooo naive to count on that ^^

If you have too difficult pvp fights, that's because you have too much increase your power. For decrease your power, you must equip low not evolved gear on your regiments before the PvP resets (0h-12h for GMT+0).
I know that, thank you.

My aim of the question was that trying to have difficult PvPs to get more cups for each fight is not suitable for mid-level players like level 11, instead such players should try to get as easy fights as possible in order to win all the fights and not have to wait 10 times 1h11 for healing troops - or is the benefit for level 11 players getting more cups to achieve better reward at end of season so huge that is worth the heck even when army is not so strong?

Heraion

no, I am not sooo naive to count on that ^^

I know that, thank you.

My aim of the question was that trying to have difficult PvPs to get more cups for each fight is not suitable for mid-level players like level 11, instead such players should try to get as easy fights as possible in order to win all the fights and not have to wait 10 times 1h11 for healing troops - or is the benefit for level 11 players getting more cups to achieve better reward at end of season so huge that is worth the heck even when army is not so strong?
Forgive me derwaaaal, I probably didn't understand your doubts.
I thought he was referring to the possibility of inserting screenings even for players who do not fall within the top100. From this point of view, however, I must point out that your comment is slightly off topic. I suggest that you create a discussion in the "questions" category. Surely there will be players with an experience that can recommend a better strategy for pvp.

As for my suggestion is to train from your level to face difficult opponents so that once you reach level 23 you don't have to work too hard to understand tactics and strategies to beat the most difficult opponents. Keep in mind that the regiment cure reduced to 1h12min is a recent thing, long ago many of the players present in this forum had to face much longer periods of cure (over 3 hours!). Despite this I believe that many can confirm the pre-eminence of a high score in the pvp season.

Nightcrawler

Thank you for the effort, but to get this right: this is more for Lvl23 warlords, or even players with maxed 17-20 regiments who have a chance getting into Top100 than for mid-level players like e.g. Lvl11 - there you would more strive to having easy PvP's (including gear-changing, even getting less war-points), right?
Hi derwaaaal,
as explained before and pointed out by Heraion, the meaning of this data is not an advice to have a better strategy or other methods to obtain easier PVPs - this is another matter, and there are a lot of threads that treat this arguments. This is a simple number crunching, that incidentally can help the "top" players to better understood how change the scores for the top 100 positions.

Yes, I understand that this number are not so useful for all the players, but I can record only the stats that I can see in the game - the first 100 positions. And also I decide to record only the cutoff point to enter in top 100, top 10 and so on. But they are anyway a curiosity, as to know the stats of rugby or baseball top players: personally I'm a very bad soccer players, but when I see soccer matches I like to know stats as number of passages, shots, time of ball possession and other things.

But your question have a very good point, that awake my mind. This data are useful for some players and not for others, you're right: how can I use the data (and excel) to put some stats useful also for ALL the players? After brainstorming myself, I think to a little update that can be useful (or at least fun) for a broader range of players. Will be some little and not too much innovative, but I think that could be useful to all the players to compete themselves with the big players... even without having a powerful army! I'll hope to insert this update the next week, with the sheet update for the ending of the current "Beholder" season.

I don't tell more, in part because I'm still thinking how to put the idea on (work)sheet, in part because I want to give you a little surprise. Let me work a few days, and I'll release something that (I'll hope) would be useful and fun.

And, as I said before, I'm open to suggestion of improvement or ideas to put on the excel.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

derwaaaal

Forgive me derwaaaal, I probably didn't understand your doubts.
I thought he was referring to the possibility of inserting screenings even for players who do not fall within the top100. From this point of view, however, I must point out that your comment is slightly off topic. I suggest that you create a discussion in the "questions" category. Surely there will be players with an experience that can recommend a better strategy for pvp.
Agree.

As for my suggestion is to train from your level to face difficult opponents so that once you reach level 23 you don't have to work too hard to understand tactics and strategies to beat the most difficult opponents. Keep in mind that the regiment cure reduced to 1h12min is a recent thing, long ago many of the players present in this forum had to face much longer periods of cure (over 3 hours!). Despite this I believe that many can confirm the pre-eminence of a high score in the pvp season.
And thank you for the hints anyway.