Not a bug Shards awarded for 5 star regiments

AngelRipper

I would like to report an issue, possibly a bug. My understanding is that once a regiments achives 5 stars, it no longer needs any shards. My alliance members have reported that they no longer receive shards for 5 star regiments as part of alliance quest rewards, merchants and smuggler ships and also they no longer are available to purchase from War Harbor or Merchant. However sometimes they are still awarded as a daily login reward. Thsese extra shards are completely useless as they cannot be sold like unwanted items or upgrades. Can something be done about this please?

NoName

The entire Daily Reward code needs to be updated anyway....

Anyone ever seen GG, IR, NAC, or PES on the daily?

Going back a little further, I can't remeber LP shards either ????

Of course I could be mistaken :oops:

Instead seeing a predictable shard(s) on the calendaer, I would be perfectly okay with a random shard(s) for Regs that still need'em for promotion :cool:

Jin

The Daily Reward only has shards for the 10 original regiments, GH, TB, TPB & TSG. Don't remember seeing any DT shard either.

AngelRipper

The Daily Reward only has shards for the 10 original regiments, GH, TB, TPB & TSG. Don't remember seeing any DT shard either.
Ok, that very well be true. My point is, when at the beginning of each month, the game generates rewards for the whole month, it would be best if did not contain shards for regiments that at the beginning of that month are already 5 star. (unless the devs are planning to introduce 6th star ;))

Jin

I don't think the algorithm for generating daily rewards takes that into account. For warlords have all 5* regiments, we still get those shards. InnoGames don't have anything else (or plan) to replace them with. The War Harbour also gives out 5* regiment shards once all regiments are max out in * level. As we like to said, it's a feature not a bug.:D

NickA

I don't think the algorithm for generating daily rewards takes that into account. For warlords have all 5* regiments, we still get those shards. InnoGames don't have anything else (or plan) to replace them with. The War Harbour also gives out 5* regiment shards once all regiments are max out in * level. As we like to said, it's a feature not a bug.:D
Exactly. I say this at work all the time. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

AngelRipper

Ok, so if the 5* regiments will continue to receive shards, than at least the option of selling shards could be introduced. You can sell unwanted upgrades and items, so why not sell shards?

AngelRipper

Really, you think that getting useless awards (awards for daily login) is not an issue? Just a feature? Any other thing you get you can either use or sell. But useless shard you can do nothing with.

Primer

Really, you think that getting useless awards (awards for daily login) is not an issue? Just a feature? Any other thing you get you can either use or sell. But useless shard you can do nothing with.
Pretty sure he said it isn’t a bug, not that it isn’t an “issue” that could be improved.

A bug is something not working as intended. This works as intended. Just many of us wish it was different.

But this isn’t Burger King. We can’t all have it our way.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Really, you think that getting useless awards (awards for daily login) is not an issue? Just a feature?
The 'useless daily award' is an ongoing issue ever since Warlord Thunder got the first ever 5* Savant Mage way, way back in 2016. Would you like to guess how many warlords have complained about this issue since then??!!

They way I see it, we fight the fights that we can get InnoGames to make WoA better. For example:
  1. Don't have to pay to use potions.
  2. No more 3v3 or 4v4 in PvP.
  3. Alliance
The upcoming fights are to make sure no more locked regiments shards in Quest Ship. Reduced the number of 3v? & 4v? In stronghold so Quest can get done faster especially for warlords with underdeveloped regiments. IMHO, these are more important than daily rewards.

I've been with Warlords and then WoA nearly right from the beginning. The daily rewards is something I can live with if other issues impacting gameplay take precedent on getting 'fix'.:)

AngelRipper

Pretty sure he said it isn’t a bug, not that it isn’t an “issue” that could be improved.

A bug is something not working as intended. This works as intended. Just many of us wish it was different.

But this isn’t Burger King. We can’t all have it our way.
In my original post I didn't call it a bug either. I called it an issue (possibly a bug ;)), and I believe this part of forums is called Bugs & Issues ;)