1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Stronghold ranking

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Krinari, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Krinari

Krinari New Member

Would be great if you could compare your stronghold highest completed level with others

Loraykin likes this.
  2. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

This seems like a ranking that would be mostly skill-related (unless the stronghold difficulty varies between warlord levels?), as opposed to all other rankings in the game, which predominantly reflect how long you've been playing or how much money you spend.

3. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    They do vary between levels (at least in my experience), on my low-level account I'm able to go past 17-19 without taking any major damage, but at level 23 it starts getting rough not to take damage around 13-15 (depending on maps ofc, since some maps are free wins even if you only use 3 regs against multiple)

4. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

When Strongholds were first introduced they were much easier than now. My “top” score is in the 30s for each from that time period.

Shortly afterwards the Devs raised the difficulty and now I seldom get past 15. No way to “beat” my previous high total.

Strongholds do get more difficult as your army gets stronger. I am always fighting 4skull battles by level 10. Since Skull rating is based on relative AP and my army is almost max AP that means the opponents are very, very difficult. Most often fighting a total of 7500 enemy units by level 10 and 12000+ by level 15. Absolutely impossible to beat when an enemy archer can one shot your DG in a forest without needing a Crit.

Through battlefield control and ROF I can usually find a way to beat melee units, but when I spawn a 2500 archer Reg as one or two of the 5 opponents I am almost always done regardless of map.

Jin and Anton Amby like this.
  5. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

Too bad. I guess I can understand why the devs would introduce an element which gives newer players a way to catch up a bit, and yet the game would really benefit from a skill-related ranking, comparable across levels.

I suppose this could be solved with a reset of all highscores (which would be reasonable anyway, if the difficulty has indeed been raised significantly, because that means most people would never be able to touch their previous highscore... ).

For Frostblood Stronghold this is the case for me, too, and that was already the case at WL21 (as far as I can remember). For Domesticar 4S starts at level 15 (I'm currently at WL23, army power around 7500). Would be interesting to know how that is for others, especially lower levels. Anyone?

6. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    They could in theory make an ''arena'' where we're given regiments that all are the same levels and see how far we can get if they wanted it to be a fair competition. (For example we could all have 2* level 10 regiments with all upgrades applied and try to see how far we can get, could even give us a gladiator regiment with it or something)
    Would be an interesting second mode to compete in tbh..

Primer and Loraykin like this.