1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Answered Switching accounts on the same device

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Xavier, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Xavier

Xavier New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    Hello everyone, hello Arci. Is it safe to switch accounts on the same device forth and back? I've created new account on different device, but it's broken (device). When i logout from Google account and try to login second one, it says "local progress will be lost, and cannot be recovered". In this case - what "local" word means? Will i loose all progress for first account, or some recent progress? Thanks in advance.

2. Xavier

Xavier New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    RHero
    No, it's not safe. I have succesfully change #1 to #2. But when i tried to change it back, google account changed to #1 but progress and ID remained as #2.
    Thanks to support and personally Ash for restoring my progress.

3. DARK.GL

DARK.GL Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    GL1
    Yes, today I also can say: its not safe :)

4. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    It is possible to use multiple game accounts on the same device, but definitely not safe nor recommended.

Your local progress is the game account currently loaded on your device, so technically if you switch Google account it is safe to overwrite the local progress, as it will load the game account bound to the new Google account you just selected. That's definitely risky though, as if you miss a step when doing back and forth, you may lose an account.

Saving accounts is not meant for that though, but rather for being able to restore the account when uninstalling the app and to synch the account across multiple devices.

However, if you find any trouble we'll be happy to help you through the support system, but if you stay on the safe side it's better for everyone (aka 1 account per device) :p

5. EvilKnightD

EvilKnightD Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    BRIT
    There is no current rule from Inno stating that it is forbidden to have two accounts?

6. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

There are several long time Warlords who have two accounts. The game gets a bit boring when you have everything Level 23 and fully maxed.

The game experience has changed a lot over the years and several Warlords created second accounts to better relate to how new players experience the game. Progress accumulating shards and promoting units is much, much faster than it used to be.

7. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Unlike some of our other competitive games (such as Grepolis or Tribals) having two accounts on Warlords does not ruin the game experience for the other players, that's why it's not forbidden at the current stage of the game :)

The need to manage multiple accounts also lays if a family has one tablet only and two or more family members are playing the game with their own account. Who plays from the tablet that has a bigger screen and who from the mobile with its (kind of) small screen? :p