Thoughts towards the endgame

unsane

I have been playing 6 months now. Have been reading and following for a large part Jins new player tutorial. Two thumbs up for Jin...

But now what...my whole army has progressed to level 19. First units have made it to level 20.
Almost all units have 3 stars and currently most have about 50 shards towards 4*. (exceptions to this will be explained later)

Could not find any guidelines on what to do towards the endgame so I have been thinking and implementing some of my own. Some will turn out to be stupid and burned down by the more expierienced players, some may have some merits.

1) I have only completed 50% of Brigand Island maps. When I need certain shards to get units to 5*, I can use those units in my remaining BI. Thus I have about 200 choosable shards sitting in the BI if I need them.

2) I have rushed one unit towards level 23 using all potions I saved up during last 6 months. It made me able to use the forge (finally) but it also gives me Mythical items in the war harbor twice a day. When I would progress in current rate it would take me another 6 months before any unit would become level 23 (and then probably all together due to my army composition). In this way I get 350 extra chances for the right Mythical items for the endgame.
I have downgraded this unit so it doesn't make PVP battles too hard.

3) I normally ugrade at least 5 armies towards a new star level. Since I needed potions it was important to be able to get the epic potions of knowledge at the tavern. Since FK and TSG sucked. I needed a 4* MF to get me there. I was lucky to have the shards to do this.

4) Currently working on my next unit to get to level 23 because I ran out of good stuff to forge. With epic potions (approx 2 per day) some minor battles and riding every Sky Arch, I get about 500.000 exp per day. I guess it will take me just 2 weeks before I can light up the forge again (sooner if the War Harbor brings usefull items)

5) Do your PVP battles to the max from day one. It will bring you many coins, save them for shards and the right Mythical equipment when it is offered at the War Harbor. Always make sure you have 5000 coins available for it would be a pity if you were not able to buy it. Getting the right equipment is more important than shards in my opinion.
Roughly you get about 100 shards per week. Endgame worthy items are far more rare.

So far my 2 cents, comments are welcome but please not about my missuse/abuse of English. I am not a native speaker...:)

Last edited:

Primer

I have been playing 6 months now. Have been reading and following for a large part Jins new player tutorial.
But now what...my whole army has progressed to level 19. First units have made it to level 20.
Almost all units have 3 stars and currently most have about 50 shards towards 4*. (exceptions to this will be explained later)

Could not find any guidelines on what to do towards the endgame so I have been thinking and and implementing some of my own. Some will turn out to be stupid and burned down by the more expierienced players, some may have some merits.

1) I have only completed 50% of Brigand Island maps. When I need certain shards to get units to 5*, I can use those units in my remaining BI. Thus I have about 200 choosable shards sitting in the BI if I need them.

2) I have rushed one unit towards level 23 using all potions I saved up during last 6 months. It made me able to use the forge (finally) but it also gives me Mythical items in the war harbor twice a day. When I would progress in current rate it would take me another 6 months before any unit would become level 23 (and then probably all together due to my army composition). In this way I get 350 extra chances for the right Mythical items for the endgame.
I have downgraded this unit so it doesn't make PVP battles too hard.

3) I normally ugrade at least 5 armies towards a new star level. Since I needed potions it was important to be able to get the epic potions of knowledge at the tavern. Since FK and TSG sucked. I needed a 4* MF to get me there. I was lucky to have the shards to do this.

4) Currently working on my next unit to get to level 23 because I ran out of good stuff to forge. With epic potions (approx 2 per day) some minor battles and riding every Sky Arch, I get to about 500.000 exp per day. I guess it will take me just 2 weeks before I can light up the forge again (sooner if the War Harbor brings usefull items)

5) Do your PVP battles to the max from day one. It will bring you many coins, save them for shards and the right Mythical equipment when it is offered at the War Harbor. Always make sure you have 5000 coins available for it would be a pity if you were not able to buy it. Getting the right equipment if more important than shards in my opinion.
Roughly you get about 100 shards per week. Endgame items are far more rare.

So far my 2 cents, comments are welcome but please not about my missuse/abuse of English. I am not a native speaker...:)
I think these ideas are all very well thought out and explained. Should serve you well on your journey to the end game. Good advice for others to follow also.

Good luck and enjoy!

Ushurak@adventures

A lot has changed with the new features. Shards are no more a bottleneck. Items are now on long term hard to get.

I found the strategies you described well thought through and adapted to all the changes

unsane

What is (on higher levels) the main source of delay in progress:
Gold
Availability of upgradable gear
Time
Shards

Imam

Gold :
no big problem at high lvl,cause u dont need to upgrade many regiment and just focus to forge. And u also have much upgrade cards left to sell for gold so u dont need to much time playing Stronghold to colect more gold

Availability of upgradable gear :
Yes its not easy to get the gear worthed to upgrade. So take it soon if they are available in anywhere.

Time :
I asume u mean time is to upgrading gear. And yeah it cos much time,so do it asap. In any case if u delay progress to lvl 23 u will also loosing time to get best gear in merchant and war harbour.

Shard :
No its not problem anymore since alliance quest and faction exist. There are Many source of it right now

Last edited:

unsane

Gold :
no big problem at high lvl,cause u dont need to upgrade many regiment and just focus to forge. And u also have much upgrade cards left to sell for gold so u dont need to much time playing Stronghold to colect more gold

Availability of upgradable gear :
Yes its not easy to get the gear worthed to upgrade. So take it soon if they are available in anywhere.

Time :
I asume u mean time is to upgrading gear. And yeah it cos much time,so do it asap. In any case if u delay progress to lvl 23 u will also loosing time to get best gear in merchant and war harbour.

Shard :
No its not problem anymore since alliance quest and faction exist. There are Many source of it right now
I have rushed one unit from 19 to 23 and currently near being able to do the 2nd.
Thus getting approx 350 extra opportunities for good gear. Downside is that I have not enough warcoins to buy shards at the warharbor. So progress on that is less.
Gold is also an issue, upgrading gear uses up most of my available gold, so not much is left for upgrading.

Imam

@muw my statement above for middle high warlord :), cause u ask in higher level.

I remember when im rush asap to get lvl 23, i have five regiment at lvl 23 when my ap around 8,5K.The others regiment are far behind cause im only upgrade any regiment if my WL need more XP to get to lvl 23. And when my WL reach lvl 23 im stoped upgrading others regiment, except if i have surplus gold after finishing work (upgrade card+forge) with my top 5 regiment.

It make me must doing many SH battles in that period (usually i do min 50 lvl,30 in FSH and 20 in DSH) to get enough gold to forge and upgrade my 5 regiment to lvl 23. It also help by selling comon and uncomon card which can be very easy to obtain and also have tons in our inventory.

Sometimes im also run out of coins when pvp season not finish. But when i have enough coins to get mythical gear i wanted,i will buy it.a

Always swaping gear help me do this without problem.Need much time in the begining.But step by step, time to play to make gold from stronghold will reduce significant cause less regiment to upgrade.

It took 7 month for me to get all my reg to lvl 23. And the gold is no more problem when half of my army has reach lvl 23. With faction potion droprate atm, i think this job more easy to do

Jin

If you have the time to do many level of stronghold then you can progress at a reasonable rate. However, if you've 2 hours or less free time then it's more like double the time to progress.

My 2nd account daily battles are 10×PvP, BI, 3 or 4 LW, average 8 levels of stronghold (both in total), 2 complete cycle of Faction farming. It took me 14 months to get 17 regiments to 4* Rank 23 (fully upgraded to Rank 22 only) with 10 forged Mythical Items.

With the reduction in upgrades availability that time line is no longer possible for WoA Newbies. Farming Faction will only gives you certain upgrades, most likely you've to buy some upgrades from both merchants.

Gold will be a major issue when you start forging Mythical Items. It cost 106500 gold to forge Mythical item to level 13. If you can't do lots of stronghold battles then forging will be slowed. When I started forging Mythical Items on my 2nd account I had 500k+ in gold reserve. Now I got less than 200 gold in the process of forging Mythical item number 11 to level 10.

Last edited: