1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Answered Top AP units (PvP)

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Waarthog, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

For the PvP spawns which units are used to determine the strength and the trophy count you get. Is it just your strongest 5 units regardless what they are? Does it matter if you have two archer units among your top 5. If that does matter which one is excluded from the top 5 ( just thinking because you don't face any dual archer setups anymore).
    To spawn 5v6 or even 5v7 is that also based only on your top 5 units or do 6 and 7 get taken into account?

2. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Ask Mr. Owl

3. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Curious if Devs will answer this for you.

Players have a lot of theories but no definitive answer. We did know at one point but things keep changing.

The only 100% positive we know is that improving your top 5 will improve your spawned PVP general trophy count (as of last month at least). Whether the top 7 or 8 also helps is not proven yet that I know of.

As far as units being “excluded”, my theory is that the game first determines the desired TC for your PVP battle and then selects the necessary units from the opponent Top8 pool of Regiments to achieve the desired AP. That is why you can spawn the same opponent with different lineups for different values. This is a change from using only opponent Top5 which increases the variety of available opponents at a given level.

I do not believe it excludes any of your own units when determining your own AP for spawn purposes.

Jin and Waarthog like this.
  4. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

Thanks for the answer Primer, now I do understand better why some were talking about the top 8 ... I was thinking something like top 7 for 5v7 plus a nother one for the excluded archer unit.
    I went with the narrow approach and was wondering if I should widen up for more TC.
    Well then I do hope that the Devs could shed some light into this topic for us then :)

At what TC do you start to get 5v6?

5. Owain

Owain Member

From personal experience, AP increases based on all units , and the upgrades to their items. Getting a new unit to LVL 23 or 5* seems to have a bigger impact than incremental changes to equipment level. The exception being getting to LVL 13 on kuromokar kit.

But , unlike some , I have not religiously documented this. Do know that AP increases with unit LVL increases as I have seen it consistently over the last 6 weeks as I max my final few units.

6. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Overall AP does increase based on all units.

The difficulty of spawned PVP (and thus trophy count) is based on your top 5 AP (at least it used to be, may be top 8 now).

Also, the skull level displayed for the same opponent is only based on your top 5 (or 8). You can verify this rather quickly by putting all common gear on your bottom Regiments. Skull level won’t change. Then put common gear on your top Regiments and skull level goes up for battles already on the board. Keep in mind, when you lower your top regiment AP a new regiment becomes the top. If they are all close you may have to lower a lot of them.