1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New idea Turn Order

Discussion in 'Ideas & Suggestions' started by Madarick, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Madarick

Madarick New Member

I was wanting to know if the Devs could put something in that might allow the player's army to go 2nd on a big map instead of always going 1st. There are some maps where my army takes 20% damage before I even get an attack in or I have to pass on my 1st turn which can limit my CVs. I would also like to know other players' thoughts on this idea.

Dezytrius likes this.
  2. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

Interesting idea...a bit like chess where sometimes players are white and go first, sometimes black going second.
    I know what you mean: that delicate dance to ensure you close just enough to lure them out before fully hitting them...takes time, sometimes too much time.

Only thing is, I imagine many (including myself, now I think of it) wouldn’t like it if they had to go 2nd on smaller maps, losing more before they’d had a chance to act. Only on certain maps? Maybe...

3. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Being on 'defense' would certainly require a change in tactics, and that can be interesting.

Jin likes this.
  4. Rockemsockemrobots

Rockemsockemrobots New Member

I think on most large maps you get 3 turns for CV. I just end my turn and let them come in and take em out best I can rear to front. Hope you do enough damage first go around where all you need is 2 attacking turns

5. Rasputan

Rasputan New Member

I use a lot of mages so I like passing on my first move it builds up their nova skill.

Madarick likes this.
  6. Madarick

Madarick New Member

My suggestion is mainly for maps where the 2 armies start 6-8 tiles apart.You use up your 1st move to move your army in place, but the AI gets the advantage because they now get to place their army to give their units the extra attack damage.

7. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

That's what ROF is for :) And/or just move your guys just outside their attack zone so *they* move to get into place and then you get the first attack on your second turn.

8. Craggen

Craggen New Member

We would need to know which side moves first BEFORE selecting which armies to deploy. It will absolutely vary depending on the map and placement of the armies.

9. Owain

Owain Member

Playing def ense would make IR much more powerful, as he could immediately counter RoF, and allow horse to get into enemy archers.
    Would also force a change of army units, tactics and armour. Would make for interesting battles. Maybe trial in on strongholds first?