1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

New Upgrading regiments equally

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Icerry, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Icerry

Icerry New Member

Warlord Level:
    Hi guys i started playing WoA like 2 days ago and i just got to T’rut. I decided to upgrade all my troops equally, so im stuck at like 3 common items i cant find and im saving all my uncommon stuff. At first it was easy but it started to get harder and i had to plan my strategy more. My rate of crushing victories is still like 70% but im still thinking of the 30% i lost. When i got to T’rut and looked at his stats i was like WTF 19000 hp and 7000 dmg cant beat no matter how I strategize.
    Was it a mistake to upgrade only common upgrades and save up all the uncommon ones? I mean i still have time to fix that but i cant get back that pile of gold i lost. Should i upgrade all i can or save up and have it equal and organized? I know its a stupid question but I’d appreciate some advice.

2. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

RasClart likes this.
  3. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

Hi Icerry, welcome to the forums!

Nothing is wasted; it will all add up eventually.

It is up to you how you progress. You will, at times, hit a ‘wall’ in terms of seemingly insurmountable enemies. That’s normal...just focus elsewhere, keep upgrading, forge items if you need to (though most recommend wait if you can until lvl 18+ legendary items, gain shards to promote your regiments...the insurmountable will soon become...um....surmountable.

There are many ways to approach building an army. Many recommend a rosta of 10-12 regiments, to draw upon, depending upon the map, enemy, difficulty, preferences and cooldowns. Some go with fewer; I’m levelling all equally (takes much longer to reach top 100 but I’m fine with that).

For now, I’d recommend levelling all your regiments equally (until, maybe, lvl 16ish/2 or 3*). This will help the level cap not get in the way and will ensure enemies stay at a beatable level for you. By then, you’ll have a better feel for the game and can start to focus on favourite regiments as you choose.

Jin (a very experienced warlord), above, gives an account of his going through the process anew, detailing his thoughts as he does to benefit new players: a recommended read.

Good luck...and enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    NoName, Jin and RasClart like this.
  4. RasClart

RasClart Member

Avoid the forge... waste of gold till much later!