1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

FEEDBACK Version 0.76

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Arci, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    CWB
    The concept has merit, but it’s a big change to the basic numbers overnight. Perhaps scaling it back should be considered by the developers. It’s probably me, but my life has never and still doesn’t exist in 8 hour segments, so I find that a strange concept.

That’s my feedback.

2. warlord235

warlord235 New Member

I like the change. I think it is very important for game developers to understand that the purpose of a game should not be purely encouraging gamers play as much as possible. I am speaking from my own experience. After the tavern feature was added, I had a few times that when I was up to bathroom around midnight, I picked up my phone, and farmed the tavern. Then I realized that changed my sleep pattern - took me longer to go back to sleep. LW battle takes longer, so I don't have problem to reject its temptation, but farm the tavern is so easy and takes so little time. With the realization, I decided that if it happens again, I would delete the game - Nothing is more important than my health, and a good night sleep is number one on the list of keeping myself healthy.
    To gamers complaining - please think outside of the game. Think about your life. With better health, you can play more games, not less.
    8 hours is perfect for a good night sleep.
    I appreciate developers effort!
    Here is a link about why sleep is so important
    https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/how-get-good-nights-sleep

3. Protomickey

Protomickey Member

Warlord Level:
    I am very much a fan of the change to the energy system for the reasons @Arci stated. Do I like that it takes longer to gain an energy back? No. Do I like that I have a much higher energy bank? Very much so. I like it much more than I dislike the slower energy regeneration.

You can’t please all the people all the time, so you can only hope to make the majority happy, and I’m sure the majority of people like to sleep for more than a few hours at a time and work full time jobs, making it nigh impossible to log on every few hours. Plus, having to do that can turn this game into a chore and steal the fun until it’s not worth it to play.

I’m especially a fan of the magnifying glass locator for mats and am looking forward to my turn to download the update that allows me to use it. I had started taking some screenshots yesterday to make a suggestion for a feature in regards to farming mats, but this fills that void better than what I was going to suggest.

4. Protomickey

Protomickey Member

Warlord Level:
  5. Imam

Imam Active Member

I think devs want to lowdown a bit the progres of warlord to reach status "end game player" (and i agree with that).

If the progress to fast it kan kill the game itself cause no big deal anymore.

But my critics are : why devs not thinking of it before launching some new feature.

Before tavern u lauch witch doctor n after that u delete it,and now the faction reward has reduce when the people say Horay because of big reward (especially potion).

The matter of 3,5,8,etc hours is not devs decision...its player decision,if they addicted they will play as much as they can.if they not interested they stop playing.

The devs job is make a game can bring more player and more money from them because its bussines for you. And to achieve this u need make addicted game. And my feeling now that addicted feeling is going down every day

6. Ushurak@adventures

Ushurak@adventures Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Groot
    Since this version no adds are avaiable. For me as a nearly maxed warlord its no problem. I use different combo. And if crit cause a problem because killing 3 units with 1 soldier left i quit game and restart. Normally i recover with healing places. I even have 10 scrolls of rejuvenation left.

For lower player it is a essential source.

Please give them this chance for recovery back.

I have version 0.75
    Could it be that thise is a side effect of version 0.76 changes. Because parameter were changed?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Slayron likes this.
  7. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I think adds are good for players wich have not much time to play or especially for low or middle lvl players (end players have a lot of regiments to lose). It is a bad idea remove them.

8. husker1981

husker1981 New Member

Since this update my watch ad to recover feature stopped working...anyone else?

9. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

Totally agree. At this point I only have time to do PvP twice per day and that's sometimes more time invested than I want. Without ads I'll probably step away from the game for a while.

Pyrrhus and Slayron like this.
  10. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Easier than ads would probably be to bring back scrolls.

But recent focus seems to be on supporting less frequent play, so who knows.

I am seriously considering finding a new game myself. I hit 3 years here on Dec 1st and that may be a good milestone to close it out if they haven’t brought in anything worthwhile for end game players.

BlackAdder666 and Zancudo like this.
  11. Firzen

Firzen New Member

Warlord Level:
    I don't think people are complaining about the extra 30 seconds it takes to get energy as much as they are that battles cost about 50% more.

Pyrrhus and BlackAdder666 like this.
  12. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Honestly I am not complaining about either one of the particulars. Makes no difference to me personally, although I can see why others complain

What I find incredulous is the fact they come right out and state the changes are intended to benefit players who don’t want to login and play as often as other players.

To me login and play is a choice each player can make for themselves. And they should be rewarded in proportion to their effort. They seem to be trying to give people incentive to play less by removing any incentive to play more. Just seems like backward logic.

Pyrrhus, Slayron and Imam like this.
  13. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

I have seen no complaints about unstable game. Ie when I play one single game or farm once in factions the risk of a game crash is very high. My record is playing 3 consecutive games in factions, then game crashes on 4th. And that was from a fresh start, ie not doing anything else in game before playing factions. Most of the time a faction game crashes on the first played game. Annoying, oh YES. And energy spent on starting that game is of course lost when rebooting WoA. When you reach levels 4 and 5 crash risk increases. So my main problem is not winning the games, it is to finish them without game crashing. Kinda reminds me of something else I hate in WoA, that is CRITS, hehe.

Imoiran and NoName like this.
  14. Madarick

Madarick New Member

I am not a fan of the new energy system. I am at Warlord Level 15. I liked logging on every couple of hours and doing my Loot Wagon battle, farming some coins in the Tavern, and restarting Sky Arch. When I go to bed, I set Sky Arch for 8 hours and don't log back in till I wake up. I miss a couple of Loot Wagon battles this way, but I can live with it. It now takes almost 6 hours to refill my energy (88 energy at 4 minutes each). I can't get as many battles in which means I lose out on coins which helps a low level Warlord like myself. If the tavern fully recharged in 4 hours, that would be good because then I could line it up with the Merchant Ship.

Pyrrhus likes this.
  15. Ushurak@adventures

Ushurak@adventures Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Groot
    In general im for longer interval times keeping care of health reason. I played WOA when pvp was refreshing every two
    Hours. Not good for health and real life.

What i not find good is that you remove or alter feature when gamer find their way which was not in the intention of inventors. Testing woulfd be an approach. That gamer finish faction within one day or get up to five shards was i think not intended. Im happy with 3 shards too but if there was a time i easily got 5 ....

To take away the things because they work not as wanted is a bad thing. If you dont want that its finished in one day make it harder. I myself need some tricky problems to solve, not impossible ones as stronghold level 100 for maxed player. There one unit kills your whole army.

To keep player this is the way it should go.

By the way enjoy real, sleep or bike a half day even when refresh time of loot wagon is 2 hrs and i miss several

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Pyrrhus likes this.
  16. Вадим2010

Вадим2010 New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Забыл
    Energy is more expensive! There are fewer coins! The wait is longer

Pyrrhus likes this.
  17. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Removing ad for life is the most annoying update ever...

Nemesis likes this.