FEEDBACK Version 0.78

GoatD

This is a bad idea, I will stop playing pvp and pve and only farm and do stronghold. What is the point of pvp and pve for a low level player if the rewards are gone and if there is no leaderboard for my level ?

And tavern is a bad idea too as it is. It becomes pure farming and takes the fun out of the game. If you want players to grow faster just improve the rewards, don't make them log in just to click on "farm" without even having to play the game. Where is the fun about this? Moreover the story in the tavern seems written by a 7 years old. If you want it to be the real deal, add more text and background story! Where is the epicness???

Read the ideas of the other contributors above. Please remove last update. There are better ways to make players spend real money... (like purchase Rewards x2 for a day, resurrect tokens, %off/def bonus for a day for a troop...)

Jin

"Rare and better Upgrade Cards can no longer be found in ordinary PvE or PvP battles, but on battles on your Adventure Map will help you earn them!"

Warlord Primer asked the question but got no reply so I'm asking the same question. The above statement is a direct quote from the release note for V0.78.

Does "ordinary PvE" means stronghold battles ONLY? Are Loot Wagon, Brigand Island, Shire Battles and Boss Battles exempted from this change? What about rewards from Sky Arch and ships at Dewport?

Which part of the map is classified as "Adventure Map"? Main map or Faction map? This is really CONFUSING!!??

Could we get a clarification please? @Bruthor? @Arci?

"Our design philosophy behind this is instead of winning "as many battles as you can" you should rather distribute your troops wisely and choose the actions that are meaningful for your army."

This statement from the same release note is basically another nail in the coffin of a Glass Cannon army. InnnoGames has been trying to kill off the Glass Cannon combo first with the introduction of Warlord Level. That was not very successful. Faction was brought in to make sure you need more than 3 powerful regiments to progress.

There exist a lot of paths to get to endgame but with the introduction of Faction and trying to push it into the main game rather than a support role, I'm very much afraid that the only route to the top is to unlock all regiments as soon as they are available. This has limit the path a newbie can choose greatly.

A newbie can still choose which regiment he/she want to promote and upgrade but that freedom has been greatly curtailed.

Last edited:

Bruthor

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
This update has caused some confusion and frustration. Let me take a brief moment to explain the design philosophy behind this change and what areas of the game have actually been altered.

As we have developed this game further over time, new features have materialized as main income for specific in-game loot while others already existed before. This is the current setup:
  • PvE Battles (campaign map): Map progression, XP and Shards
  • PvP Battles: War Coins (mainly used to acquire Shards)
  • Boss Battles: Map progression and harder challenges, valuable and thematic loot
  • Raiding Brigands: Shards and valuable Upgrades/Items
  • Brigand Island: Challenges and Shards
  • Sky Arch: XP and loot
  • Strongholds: Gold
  • Factions/Tavern Stories (adventure map): Specific Upgrades
Keeping this in mind, we have made these changes:
  • Strongholds and PvE (excluding Boss Battles) will only drop Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvE campaign battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
    • Strongholds now only have 1 loot slot.
  • PvP battles will only earn you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvP battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
  • Sky Arch will only get you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality, except the longest expedition which can go up to legendary quality instead.
  • Faction battles target specific Upgrade cards of higher quality at an increased drop chance.
  • Boss battles, Raiding Brigands and Brigand Island have not been changed.
Our intention was not to stall game progression, but rather trigger you to make selective choices. Keep in mind that we are still monitoring the effect all changes made very closely and are considering further changes if there is need for them. For example, an idea we are toying with after we've reviewed early activity numbers after the rollout of version 0.78 is to increase Gold rewards for Strongholds in some way, as this is meant to be one of the main Gold income sources. We will keep you posted about future changes as they get realized.

Omni

This update has caused some confusion and frustration. Let me take a brief moment to explain the design philosophy behind this change and what areas of the game have actually been altered.

As we have developed this game further over time, new features have materialized as main income for specific in-game loot while others already existed before. This is the current setup:
  • PvE Battles (campaign map): Map progression, XP and Shards
  • PvP Battles: War Coins (mainly used to acquire Shards)
  • Boss Battles: Map progression and harder challenges, valuable and thematic loot
  • Raiding Brigands: Shards and valuable Upgrades/Items
  • Brigand Island: Challenges and Shards
  • Sky Arch: XP and loot
  • Strongholds: Gold
  • Factions/Tavern Stories (adventure map): Specific Upgrades
Keeping this in mind, we have made these changes:
  • Strongholds and PvE (excluding Boss Battles) will only drop Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvE campaign battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
    • Strongholds now only have 1 loot slot.
  • PvP battles will only earn you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvP battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
  • Sky Arch will only get you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality, except the longest expedition which can go up to legendary quality instead.
  • Faction battles target specific Upgrade cards of higher quality at an increased drop chance.
  • Boss battles, Raiding Brigands and Brigand Island have not been changed.
Our intention was not to stall game progression, but rather trigger you to make selective choices. Keep in mind that we are still monitoring the effect all changes made very closely and are considering further changes if there is need for them. For example, an idea we are toying with after we've reviewed early activity numbers after the rollout of version 0.78 is to increase Gold rewards for Strongholds in some way, as this is meant to be one of the main Gold income sources. We will keep you posted about future changes as they get realized.
Raiding brigands 1st reward has been changed too (only common or uncommon items

Jin

@Bruthor. Thank you for your response.

I'm puzzle. Faction is introduced to 'encourage' warlords to build a multi regiments army. However, V0.78 restrict the avenue of getting upgrades beyond Uncommon so how to build a powerful multi regiments army then??!!o_O

The shard drop rate of LW may need to be reduce so the chances of getting upgrades from Rare onwards can be increased.

The progress to max regiments will now take longer. In fact, we may see 5* Rank 18 regiment rather than 3* Rank 23 regiment because of the reduce rate of acquiring upgrades.

IMHO, V0.78 is gonna frustrate WoA newbie. All they are seeing are Common & Uncommon upgrades and they'll be wondering how to get Rare and beyond upgrades. Warlords with limited play time will take a long time to grind the gold needed to buy upgrades from Merchant.

Primer

Sometimes I wonder if any of the decision makers actually play the game on a regular basis.

By that I mean more often than one or two days per week.

I doubt these are they types of changes they would be choosing to make.

BlackAdder666

Things needed to keep WoA alive in the long run:

1. Factions need to be downplayed, ie roll back or remove last 2 updates.
2. A new map section and especially a new reg needs to come soon.
3. 6* and 7* regiments need to appear some time, why not sooner than later.
4. Some other exciting new content must come soon.

I still love the community, cooperation and turn based action. Do not want game to disappear because of players leaving, so something on the above list has to materialize - of course sooooon...

Domitaro

Was pretty much on board for all of the previous updates, faction, quests, new continent.. but this one makes no sense to me.

You are de-emphasizing fighting actual battles for repeatedly pressing “farm” button to get rare and above upgrades.

This is how you get players to leave the game over time...

Jahanam

I usually choose what I want to play and spend time. And usually I hope I can get everything I need in one area I play. If you are going to give us different health setups for different areas, then ok. Imagine pvp killing most of my regs, how then to do pve or strongholds? So it limits what I get.
Another thing the biggest commodity is gold. Try doing strongholds at lvl 23 and see how much gold you can obtain before all your regs are dead. Then try doing pvp for coins.

Jiang Yong

If all rational posts thumb down about this update, I think it’s time to double check what you have done, rather than make a lose-lose consequence.

ssn

Ok, lets calculate.
Usually everyday I have near 30 battles in Strongholds + 10 in PvP.
Average income from selling Upgrades was ~250-300 gold.
Now in will be 30-40.
Devs reduced daily income for a 8400-10800 gold.
It is not critical for highly developed warlords, but for middle and newbee it is amwul, because warlord growing will be a greatly slower.
And they will need to buy mythtical upgrades from merchant for the 15000 gold (remember daily income reducing).
As a result we will see decreasing of quantity of newbee and middlelevel warlords.

Imoiran

I have an even worse impression of the game now having ready the explanation. I should be well rewarded for taking on the toughest challenges no matter where they are in the game. Getting a common loot prize for an epic battle is flat out wrong.
Go back to the drawing board.

Slayron

Sorry, but this change is brainless !!!
Raiding brigands 1st reward has been changed too (only common or uncommon items
Yes, its truth ! In every fight (not only brigands) :
90% white, 5 % green and 5% lilac
!!!
Diamonds are not only the womans best friends...even InnoGames best friend...
And they change not to pay to win, its pay to play...

Last edited:

Primer

Sorry, but this change is brainless !!!

Yes, its truth ! In every fight :
90% white, 5 % green and 5% lilac
!!!
For Raiding Brigands, whenever it is an upgrade I get Mythical every time.

It will only give you needed upgrades. For the unit taking the LW, apply all the low level upgrades and keep one of each in inventory as a spare. Sell off the mythical you want to find and you will find it.

For Raiding Brigands, whenever it is an upgrade I get Mythical every time.

It will only give you needed upgrades. For the unit taking the LW, apply all the low level upgrades and keep one of each in inventory as a spare. Sell off the mythical you want to find and you will find it.
He was talking about the normal reward of the battle, not the lootbox's extra reward. :)