FEEDBACK Version 0.78

unsane

Alas do this changes not increase gameplay nor diversity. What is the use of collecting even more common upgrades? I have over 200 of them already.

But have you also changed output for ships? Merchant ships drop low quality items. Thats ok but my last smuggler ship dropped also significantly lower items than I was use to get?

Slayron

This update has caused some confusion and frustration. Let me take a brief moment to explain the design philosophy behind this change and what areas of the game have actually been altered.

As we have developed this game further over time, new features have materialized as main income for specific in-game loot while others already existed before. This is the current setup:
  • PvE Battles (campaign map): Map progression, XP and Shards
  • PvP Battles: War Coins (mainly used to acquire Shards)
  • Boss Battles: Map progression and harder challenges, valuable and thematic loot
  • Raiding Brigands: Shards and valuable Upgrades/Items
  • Brigand Island: Challenges and Shards
  • Sky Arch: XP and loot
  • Strongholds: Gold
  • Factions/Tavern Stories (adventure map): Specific Upgrades
Keeping this in mind, we have made these changes:
  • Strongholds and PvE (excluding Boss Battles) will only drop Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvE campaign battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
    • Strongholds now only have 1 loot slot.
  • PvP battles will only earn you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvP battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
  • Sky Arch will only get you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality, except the longest expedition which can go up to legendary quality instead.
  • Faction battles target specific Upgrade cards of higher quality at an increased drop chance.
  • Boss battles, Raiding Brigands and Brigand Island have not been changed.
Our intention was not to stall game progression, but rather trigger you to make selective choices. Keep in mind that we are still monitoring the effect all changes made very closely and are considering further changes if there is need for them. For example, an idea we are toying with after we've reviewed early activity numbers after the rollout of version 0.78 is to increase Gold rewards for Strongholds in some way, as this is meant to be one of the main Gold income sources. We will keep you posted about future changes as they get realized.
Sinn und Zweck dieser Version ist schlicht und ergreifend, dass man gelbe und orangene Upgrades hauptsächlich nur durch Farmen erhält!
Damit beim Farmen mehr als 1 upgrade ( ich bekomme zum großteil nur noch coalitionsmünzen ) herauskommt reichen 120 gruppenenergie nicht mehr aus!
Es wird gewünscht dass man Diamanten kauft, um diese in gruppenenergie umzusetzen !

The purpose of this version is quite simply that you get yellow and orange upgrades mainly only through farming!
So that when farming more than 1 upgrade (I get for the most part only coalition coins) comes out 120 group energy is not enough!
It is desired that you buy diamonds to convert them into group energy!

Uluru

I think a better way is to redesign the reward system of stronghold. There's nothing different between level 15 to 2x and so on. When I want to challenge higher level, like 30 up, I will expect more valuable reward, not only 150 or 300 golds... Something like special weapons or equipments should be a good idea to encourage others to challenge more difficult fight. You should always add more rewards to encourage new challenge, not taking away the original one to "make" challenge.

Slayron

It is probably less about a reorganization of the reward system of the stronghold ... Please read the complete thread...

Bruthor

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
We appreciate your feedback and your concerns about the rebalancing of in-game rewards here as well as in our app stores and support tickets. Your voices are heard!

We are still monitoring the impact of this update, but I can already reveal that we strongly believe that there should be at least some chance to receive better loot in campaign battles as well as Strongholds. It's too early to reveal the details, but we'll redistribute loot chances in some way, so you won't feel punished by either doing campaign battles or laying siege on a Stronghold.

However, we will stay truthful to our design philosophy that the best way to get Upgrades is going on adventures, but there is no reason while you won't have a chance to find something useful besides Gold in the Strongholds, for instance.

Slayron

Thanks for the answer Bruthor,
and i hope SOME CHANCE is for all players and not only players with all Regiments level 23 and its coming SOON...
Because I need a lot of yellow and orange upgrades for my regiments...

Last edited:

Uluru

It is probably less about a reorganization of the reward system of the stronghold ... Please read the complete thread...
Yes man, I know. Just trying to provide another way that can be adjusted if they want to change the sources of getting upgrade materials. Maybe they can take away white or green rewards for levels over 20.

Beliz

This update has caused some confusion and frustration. Let me take a brief moment to explain the design philosophy behind this change and what areas of the game have actually been altered.

As we have developed this game further over time, new features have materialized as main income for specific in-game loot while others already existed before. This is the current setup:
  • PvE Battles (campaign map): Map progression, XP and Shards
  • PvP Battles: War Coins (mainly used to acquire Shards)
  • Boss Battles: Map progression and harder challenges, valuable and thematic loot
  • Raiding Brigands: Shards and valuable Upgrades/Items
  • Brigand Island: Challenges and Shards
  • Sky Arch: XP and loot
  • Strongholds: Gold
  • Factions/Tavern Stories (adventure map): Specific Upgrades
Keeping this in mind, we have made these changes:
  • Strongholds and PvE (excluding Boss Battles) will only drop Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvE campaign battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
    • Strongholds now only have 1 loot slot.
  • PvP battles will only earn you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality.
    • PvP battles that are 3 or 4-skull battles have a small chance for rare or higher quality Upgrades.
  • Sky Arch will only get you Upgrades of common or uncommon quality, except the longest expedition which can go up to legendary quality instead.
  • Faction battles target specific Upgrade cards of higher quality at an increased drop chance.
  • Boss battles, Raiding Brigands and Brigand Island have not been changed.
Our intention was not to stall game progression, but rather trigger you to make selective choices. Keep in mind that we are still monitoring the effect all changes made very closely and are considering further changes if there is need for them. For example, an idea we are toying with after we've reviewed early activity numbers after the rollout of version 0.78 is to increase Gold rewards for Strongholds in some way, as this is meant to be one of the main Gold income sources. We will keep you posted about future changes as they get realized.
# Upgrade cards from Faction battles-> increased drop chance// yes i claim that on first day after update, it was working. Next day and today same like was before update, or maybe even worse? Anyone else got that feeling?

Bruthor

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
I don't think the experience from a few days can count as a fair representation. The drop chances have been increased for Faction Battles.

Beliz

I don't think the experience from a few days can count as a fair representation. The drop chances have been increased for Faction Battles.
Well, I don’t know how those drop chances works, maybe than not from farming, have to redone battles all the time to gain that specific upgrade?

AngelRipper

Yes, this is an interesting question. Is farming equal to battle (faction battle) in terms of upgrade and potion drop?

BlackAdder666

"best way to get Upgrades is going on adventures". The adventures in factions is not very adventurous. For a maxed player you play through them very quickly. For a new player you play quickly until you have to stop to develop your regiments to be able to win. So then a lot of waiting, then win some, wait, win, wait and you are at the same place as maxed players. And then the only thing left to do forever and ever, is FARM.

Not much of an adventure, is it? Maximize profits, that is ok by me. But doing it in this "get rich quick" scheme will scare away a lot of players.

Maxed players are sick of pvp being a diamond bidding war, bored with doing 3+5+10 ship fights (we do it to help our not yet maxed members), bored with no new content, and super bored by farming factions - but you still do it to get stuff, in case of new content.

I am sure new and medium players are having some fun doing factions, pvp and clearing map. But when they reach the bottleneck of many shards but no upgrades and no gold they will leave. Innogames are hoping they will start to pay to advance - my guess is unfortunately that most of them will instead leave the game. Ultimately killing the game.

Please do something more about this, than just fine tuning drop rates. And for the love of God, release some new content (6* regiments, Campa map area, a new regiment etcetera) sooooooooooon.

Nemesis

Tks to the developers , this is a huge effort for ruin the game little by little.

Some updates ago u quit scrolls, then quit some ways to earn diamonds, now More difficult to earn Upgrades and Gold... quit, quit, quit... p

What u wanna do??
In the past great game, now i feel the developers wanna the player's stop playing....

:rolleyes:

Bruthor

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
Yes, this is an interesting question. Is farming equal to battle (faction battle) in terms of upgrade and potion drop?
Yes, chances are equal.

"best way to get Upgrades is going on adventures". The adventures in factions is not very adventurous. For a maxed player you play through them very quickly. For a new player you play quickly until you have to stop to develop your regiments to be able to win. So then a lot of waiting, then win some, wait, win, wait and you are at the same place as maxed players. And then the only thing left to do forever and ever, is FARM.

Not much of an adventure, is it? Maximize profits, that is ok by me. But doing it in this "get rich quick" scheme will scare away a lot of players.

Maxed players are sick of pvp being a diamond bidding war, bored with doing 3+5+10 ship fights (we do it to help our not yet maxed members), bored with no new content, and super bored by farming factions - but you still do it to get stuff, in case of new content.

I am sure new and medium players are having some fun doing factions, pvp and clearing map. But when they reach the bottleneck of many shards but no upgrades and no gold they will leave. Innogames are hoping they will start to pay to advance - my guess is unfortunately that most of them will instead leave the game. Ultimately killing the game.

Please do something more about this, than just fine tuning drop rates. And for the love of God, release some new content (6* regiments, Campa map area, a new regiment etcetera) sooooooooooon.
The largest portion of our player base is not maxed out. I understand that maxed out players are our most loyal players. We have new stuff in our roadmap and have not forgotten about you!

Pyrrhus

To think that only maxed out players are bored is ignoring the comments made here just to justify the change.

I am not maxed out, but I have hit the same basic wall. I have with either completed the story, hit a 4S battle WAY above my pay level, or have only 3 or 4 units and cannot advance...so I spend 98% of my time farming, and the rest hitting my head against the wall. So it’s not the “adventure” the devs seem to think they have created.

Bruthor, have the devs received any positive comments on this upgrade? If so, where are they? All I see is that it’s a bad idea from new, middle of the game, and maxed players. I don’t see who it’s helping.

The devs need to concentrate on improving this game rather than trying to direct and change game play based upon misconceptions of their user base by adding things then taking them away. Or by taking away long established items just because they can.

It’s very sad.

BlackAdder666

"The largest portion of our player base is not maxed out"... and nor will they be by playing factions. I believe you are serious when promising goodies to come for maxed players (and therefore eventually also goodies for medium and new players too), but the catch 22/bottleneck of too much shards and very little upgrades+gold+gear will get the not yet maxed players very frustrated.

I am maxxed, I do not need gold, shards, upgrades or gear. I need new content, and I want the game to prosper and live on for a long while. So let go of the misdirected focus on factions, that focus will scare away too many players - thus killing our much beloved game.

I am willing to still trust you, but then we need a thorough explanation why the play-for-a-while-then-just-farm scourge of factions is the way forward. Or admit that it is a concoction to create direct income from energy buys and then bottlenecks in gold/upgrades for even more income. Please explain OR admit.....

Last edited:

Beliz

I am frustrated, can’t understand, why need announce about increased drop chances from Faction Battles, if i am 100% sure that, it decreased for me after update. Only thing why it happens like that, what i can imagine, is that drop chances game developers adjust by progress, warlord level, AP or smth else... :(