FEEDBACK Version 0.78

Eddie1977

The game has slowed down for me, taking an age to level up now, I'm mid level and not maxed out and still playing but myself and alot of others are getting frustrated by the game now. Sad as this game was awesome

Ushurak@adventures

Yes, chances are equal.

The largest portion of our player base is not maxed out. I understand that maxed out players are our most loyal players. We have new stuff in our roadmap and have not forgotten about you!
You have a great game as long as not maxed. But the new stuff should be chalangin for players. Stronghold is a good thing. As a maxed player my problem is that i have to play a whole day until i get there where i failed. The new stuff should have stuff hard to succeed. You should give player tasks adequate to there ranks. A 80 lvl stronghold vor lvl 10 player is perhaps equal to lvl30 of a lvl23 player. The opponents should be according to the power of the player

Imam

Im just middle player and still need more to develop..personaly i dont mind using some $,if in my opinion it will give me fun and pleasure in future. But im not using any $ for this game until now (mostly from my previous game i use it).
Why im not interested to use $ to make my progres faster, because from what i've seen in my journey what can i get in the future if im geting stronger??.. nothink, yes nothing..even it can make me cost more $ to achieve high prestise rank in pvp.

So come on make more interesting content to push people using their pocket for the devs. U will get income and player will get the fun and pleasure they looking for.

But im afraid if u continue find $ with this way,we will continue loosing loyal player. And its not what we want to see in the future

GoatD

Well after a week I have no more interest in PvP and PvE because I can't get any upgrade from that.
This game is no more about playing the game, it is about pressing Farm every 6-8 hours...

by pressing Farm you can get shards, upgrades, items and a lot of gold!
by playing the game, you get only a few gold. Yeee. :(

That is sad.

Surplusage

To me the real problem is that faction battles just have zero replayability. Why would I want to replay the same 250 static faction battles over and over again when I could play a fresh procedurally generated PvE or PvP map? It's not like the faction battles have any cool gameplay elements - there is no new objective or story in any of them. Faction battles are just as bland as the poorly written story blips they come with.

Moving the rare and better upgrades to the faction battles feels like a way of forcing players to play what is easily the weakest part of the game at the moment. Instead of trying to adjust loot back and forth, how about actually making faction battles more appealing? Make them scale to WL and add unique challenges like having to survive a whole chapter without any losses or having to capture multiple loot wagons on one map?

Ok, I can see this won't be a popular opinion, but I think it's worth voicing if this is going to be a discussion.

Here goes...
I like the faction battles.
*ducks*
There. I said it.

Disclaimer(s): I am not a maxed player, not even mid-level, so I don't know how the experience is on that part of the world. I play in a chaotic way that I find fun, but I've never seen recommended in any guide, so the impact this has on my game is probably very different from anyone else's. I bruise easily, so don't throw your rotten fruits at me.
Ok, that was a lie, I don't bruise easily. Just.. don't throw stuff.

The thing is, I actually enjoy it. And after reading all this discussion I'm starting to think, hey, maybe my way isn't so wrong after all. My strategy (if you can call it that) consists of unlocking and promoting everything as soon as I get my hands of it. Ok, I hear you, that's just lack of self-control, not strategy, but it works for me for reasons that are beyond this conversation. And the faction battles fit so well with it, that I can't help thinking maybe this is how it was meant to be played.

They provide a way to get upgrades that isn't so much at the mercy or RNG, whether that's farming a certain level for an upgrade, or farming factions coins to buy something I specifically need.
They give a sense of long-term progression, beyond the AP number, which is for me utterly pointless. I have no interest in an arbitrary number that has exactly zero impact in gameplay, bar bragging rights. I do have interest in "I cleared 2 new stages this week, so I can get that elusive upgrade now".
They give me short-term goals for what to focus on upgrading or unlocking next to advance further and a reason to keep all my regiments in shape, which is how I wanted to do this to begin with.
Best of all, they come in addition to my other activities, not instead of them, since farming takes no time. It doesn't even interfere with Sky Arch or recovery time. Other than progression battles that I'll try once or twice a day if I think I have a chance to advance, all the rest of my energy goes to farming. When I actually have time to sit down and play, I'll go for war coins in PvP or gold in PvE. For those 5 minute breaks though, farming gives me an extra way to work my way towards the next upgrade.

I get that the main discussion is about the loot changes, but I thought it's worth mentioning that not everyone hates the factions. As for loot, I personally prefer to count on something I can at least loosely control for the main bulk of my upgrades, rather than the complete randomness of normal battles.

I don't mean to say of course that anyone else should adopt my play style or that they should start enjoying something just because my wall of text knocked them over the edge of rational thinking. I just want to show these changes don't necessarily destroy the game for low-to-mid players like some have suggested, especially not for those that haven't read all the strategies for fastest advancement. My point is, there is another way to see this, there are other ways to play this game and for some of those ways, the changes really work quite well.

Last edited:

Primer

The one “Best” strategy for WoA that has never changed with all the updates.

Play the way that is the most fun for you!

Happy to see there is someone out there who likes the new updates. Probably more who just haven’t spoken up.

Zalphar

Maxed out on experience, but still need shards and gold to upgrade weapons and armor. Farming is an easy way to get shards or extra gold. My alliance is awesome so we always get a mythical ship. I do PvP for shards in War Harbor and the game is still fun for me. But, after I max out in a few months, wondering what there will be to keep having fun?
We should be able to sell extra shards and potions. Reduced recovery time is also a huge help to me and keeps me close to the leaderboard. Daily log on rewards are totally useless to maxed out players. 100 gold?? C’mon! Devs need to really take a hard look at these comments because I’ve never seen so many long-term players upset.

Slayron

Ich habe 9 Regimenter auf lv 23
1 auf 22 , 8 auf 21 und 6 auf 20 !
Jetzt will ich die 20er auf 21 bringen !
Gut es fehlen noch Exp, aber ich muss jetzt hoffen das bis dahin mehrere poplige lila Upgrades "Rüstungsschmiedwerkzeuge" bei irgendeinem Händler auftauchen, weil ich nur noch 1 habe und die bis jetzt bei fast jedem lvaufstieg von 20 auf 21 brauchte !
Farmen ? Mit welcher Fraktion kann man die mistdinger Farmen ? Ich habs bis jetzt nicht gefunden !
Und wie ich weiter oben schon geschrieben habe kommen beim Farmen ja auch so viele Upgrades raus... Meist nur Münzen und die Sorte upgrade, die ich nicht brauche !
Ich rede von Farmen ohne Diamanten also maximal 120 Energie !
Und deshalb wird diese Version 0.78 der Sargnagel für dieses Spiel !

Darum geht es hier und nicht um "ist Farmen schön ? Macht Farmen Spass ? "
Sondern darum, dass man in normalen Kämpfen nur weissen und grünen "Krempel" bekommt . Hätte ich die normalen freiwilligen auf DINA 5 bekommen könnte ich damit ein Hochhaus von aussen tapezieren !

Last edited:

Firzen

Ok, I can see this won't be a popular opinion, but I think it's worth voicing if this is going to be a discussion.

Here goes...
I like the faction battles.
*ducks*
There. I said it.

Disclaimer(s): I am not a maxed player, not even mid-level, so I don't know how the experience is on that part of the world. I play in a chaotic way that I find fun, but I've never seen recommended in any guide, so the impact this has on my game is probably very different from anyone else's. I bruise easily, so don't throw your rotten fruits at me.
Ok, that was a lie, I don't bruise easily. Just.. don't throw stuff.

The thing is, I actually enjoy it. And after reading all this discussion I'm starting to think, hey, maybe my way isn't so wrong after all. My strategy (if you can call it that) consists of unlocking and promoting everything as soon as I get my hands of it. Ok, I hear you, that's just lack of self-control, not strategy, but it works for me for reasons that are beyond this conversation. And the faction battles fit so well with it, that I can't help thinking maybe this is how it was meant to be played.

They provide a way to get upgrades that isn't so much at the mercy or RNG, whether that's farming a certain level for an upgrade, or farming factions coins to buy something I specifically need.
They give a sense of long-term progression, beyond the AP number, which is for me utterly pointless. I have no interest in an arbitrary number that has exactly zero impact in gameplay, bar bragging rights. I do have interest in "I cleared 2 new stages this week, so I can get that elusive upgrade now".
They give me short-term goals for what to focus on upgrading or unlocking next to advance further and a reason to keep all my regiments in shape, which is how I wanted to do this to begin with.
Best of all, they come in addition to my other activities, not instead of them, since farming takes no time. It doesn't even interfere with Sky Arch or recovery time. Other than progression battles that I'll try once or twice a day if I think I have a chance to advance, all the rest of my energy goes to farming. When I actually have time to sit down and play, I'll go for war coins in PvP or gold in PvE. For those 5 minute breaks though, farming gives me an extra way to work my way towards the next upgrade.

I get that the main discussion is about the loot changes, but I thought it's worth mentioning that not everyone hates the factions. As for loot, I personally prefer to count on something I can at least loosely control for the main bulk of my upgrades, rather than the complete randomness of normal battles.

I don't mean to say of course that anyone else should adopt my play style or that they should start enjoying something just because my wall of text knocked them over the edge of rational thinking. I just want to show these changes don't necessarily destroy the game for low-to-mid players like some have suggested, especially not for those that haven't read all the strategies for fastest advancement. My point is, there is another way to see this, there are other ways to play this game and for some of those ways, the changes really work quite well.
I agree with this guy on many of his points and play similarly

Play the way that is the most fun for you!
Sadly, that isn't true anymore. Since when you want to progress in this game, you MUST play factions now. So, you can't play this game anymore as you want.

I have a member in my alliance whom doesn't like the factions, and I gave the advise to him that if you don't like them, just leave them. However, now he is forced to do them.

Benji

The problem with factions isn’t their existence, it’s the lack of challenge for higher levels. The most fun for myself was the xataka one cause my units were only 3s and with just 4 of them you had to plan carefully to win.
Add more levels with stronger opponents.

Shab

As a new player the difficulty of faction battles increase like hell. So the orange and yellow upgrades and items are behind the wall... only available via merchant, but the cost of them is also hell there (play 40 stronghold battles to buy a single upgrade?!). There is small chance in LW for the upgrades or items but nowadays I am flooded with shrades. so welcome to hell of Aternum.

Primer

I am sure the Devs are receiving overwhelming positive feedback on this update via platforms other than this forum.

Well - that was there story the last time they introduced an update that was blasted this much in the forum. And if you have a story nobody can disprove you may as well stick to it.

Firzen

Honestly I think this makes the game a lot less boring.

Previously, the only things you could farm were: gold, shards, EXP, upgrades, and equipment. (and diamonds?)

I am a mid level player. Upgrades were by far the easiest thing to find. Nobody was worried about that. Shards are by far the hardest thing to max out on for me, but I'm not counting equipment because I'm not looking for any until mythical.

This at least gives the game some challenges and adventure while waiting on gathering all the shards I need. I am not a min max player, I am not looking for a great team of 5 while ignoring all the other regiments in the game. I want ALL regiments to be 5 star, which is the way the game should be played. I think most people complaining are complaining that their very specific way of playing, which previous game limitations pushed a lot of players to do, is threatened a bit. Upgrades are still not incredibly hard to find, but it is a fun little task to do while farming everything else. I think that’s what devs were looking for. It also makes the tavern more than “just a farm button”, despite what so many people are saying here.

Most of the people here who are saying “now maxing out shards will be easy and players will be waiting on upgrades” don’t seem to know what they’re talking about. They were saying this within 2 days of release, and half of them are maxed out players. I think people just like to complain.

None of my ways of getting shards or equipment, which is the hardest thing to do, has been threatened. But now the game is a bit less boring as I try to strategize upgrade gathering. You guys are fools, this is a good update. Most of you just can’t think past the surface.