FEEDBACK Version 0.82

Surplusage

Version 0.81 brought back rare+ items/upgrades for PvP battles, now v0.82 brings them back for PvE campaign battles.

IMHO both good changes to restore meaning to these two main pillars of play. This will help players in the mid-game who were struggling to find needed items/upgrades ever since the "grey death" debacle that was v0.78. I imagine that there is nothing more demoralizing than liberating shire after shire only to get grey "1 Volunteer" upgrades as a reward 90% of the time.

AngelRipper

Version 0.81 brought back rare+ items/upgrades for PvP battles, now v0.82 brings them back for PvE campaign battles.

IMHO both good changes to restore meaning to these two main pillars of play. This will help players in the mid-game who were struggling to find needed items/upgrades ever since the "grey death" debacle that was v0.78. I imagine that there is nothing more demoralizing than liberating shire after shire only to get grey "1 Volunteer" upgrades as a reward 90% of the time.
Why didn't you guys think about it when you first took away all good, expensive uogrades? Pretty much 3 wasted updates to get where are now, which is the same place as 3 updates ago (as far as value of upgrades drop is concerned)

RealBizkit666

Well, I now need some yellow upgrades for JJ (elite soldiers). The only way to obtain these, is by hitting farm and waiting for them to show up in the shop. All because LW also rarely drops upgrades that are needed now, and campaign is completed as far as possible.

So I now come back to my original problem since 0.78, how can I get the upgrades I need by playing battles?

Primer

Well, I now need some yellow upgrades for JJ (elite soldiers). The only way to obtain these, is by hitting farm and waiting for them to show up in the shop. All because LW also rarely drops upgrades that are needed now, and campaign is completed as far as possible.

So I now come back to my original problem since 0.78, how can I get the upgrades I need by playing battles?
Since JJ can’t be used to farm LW you need to “trick” the system. This applies to the LW, Ships and Merchants, not Stronghold or PVP battles.

1. Don’t sell off all the upgrades that you don’t need. If the slot is empty you will continue to find them. Save at least one of all your uncommon, common, rare, etc so you stop finding them in LW, ships and the “special” Merchant slots.

2. Identify the upgrade you want to find, identify another Regiment that used that upgrade in the past and use that Regiment to fight LW. It will find mostly shards but when it does find an upgrade it will be one you need.

The key is Merchants, ships and LW’s give you upgrades in a certain order. First, upgrades that regiment has unapplied. If all applied, upgrades that Regiment has that are not in inventory. If all in inventory, then random (mostly common). This doesn’t apply to all Merchant slots, only one slot of the six.

Also, ships do not always give you empty inventory upgrades, but the odds seem to be greater. It was much, much greater before 0.78 (80% or higher) and is not that good now, but still slightly better than pure random.

RealBizkit666

Since JJ can’t be used to farm LW you need to “trick” the system. This applies to the LW, Ships and Merchants, not Stronghold or PVP battles.

1. Don’t sell off all the upgrades that you don’t need. If the slot is empty you will continue to find them. Save at least one of all your uncommon, common, rare, etc so you stop finding them in LW, ships and the “special” Merchant slots.

2. Identify the upgrade you want to find, identify another Regiment that used that upgrade in the past and use that Regiment to fight LW. It will find mostly shards but when it does find an upgrade it will be one you need.

The key is Merchants, ships and LW’s give you upgrades in a certain order. First, upgrades that regiment has unapplied. If all applied, upgrades that Regiment has that are not in inventory. If all in inventory, then random (mostly common). This doesn’t apply to all Merchant slots, only one slot of the six.

Also, ships do not always give you empty inventory upgrades, but the odds seem to be greater. It was much, much greater before 0.78 (80% or higher) and is not that good now, but still slightly better than pure random.
Yes.

And where is de philosofy behind this where you must take the unit you need the upgrade for on an adventure?

And again, from LW Igot 40 DS shards or so in a row before a yellow upgrade dropped followed by 2 yellow items.

So yes, it's either purchase the upgrade from a merchant, or farm ships. I loved the days where an upgrade could drop from a random fight, I never bought an upgrade up until now I guess.

Or I will wait until the SS give me things I need.
JJ is useless for me anyway at the moment because she is far behind in stars with the rest of the team. :p

GMiner

I’m actually getting some mythical upgrades, such as the 10-soldiers, from 4s PvP battles. Not sure if the same happens for 4s in strongholds too since I don’t have time to do strongholds.

RealBizkit666

I’m actually getting some mythical upgrades, such as the 10-soldiers, from 4s PvP battles. Not sure if the same happens for 4s in strongholds too since I don’t have time to do strongholds.
I had no such luck with the 2 4S battle I could play now. :(