HOT TOPIC Warlords Newbies

Cypher

Thank you Jin.
I was actually just starting to look for that thread, as I had just read somewhere else in the forums, someone advising to check it out.

Reactions: Jin

Heraion

A greeting to the whole community.
I have a question about the pvp: how many pvp per day does the game offer?
Thank you!

Вадим2010

Здравствуйте! Почему бы не сделать, для игроков топ рангов, одновременное улучшение 2 предметов! А то на 8 и выше уровень приходится очень долго ждать!

Вадим2010

И еще одно предложение!
Почему бы не сделать награду в квестах соответственно вкладу. Вложил игрок максимально возможное количество очков 1080, получает 100% награды с корабля. А вложил половину, получи 50%. Тогда будет стимул для участия в квестах.

Артём83

здравствуйте можете помочь. как открыть Кампа белим. пишет что мишает туман, завоевал все карты до неё

Candle

здравствуйте можете помочь. как открыть Кампа белим. пишет что мишает туман, завоевал все карты до неё
Campa Beleem zone and related content (another new regiment, IIRC) not released yet and so can't be opened by anyone at all.

Also please check forum rules, in general native adverb you and @Вадим2010 use not welcomed here...
Warlords has a multitude of servers that entertain players in the most common languages. Please note this server is an international one and therefore communication should be in english only. Please limit other languages to quotes or provide a correct translation.

Вадим2010

Эта зона ещё никому недоступна. Так решили разработчики.

Ash

Community Manager
Staff member
Артём83 and Вадим2010

This forum is a public space, so we ask you to express yourself in English, chosen here as the reference language. This is indeed indicated in the forum rules, which I invite you to consult if necessary.

Eventually, you can have a private conversation in the language of your choice.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hy i have a question : when you reach level 23 and 5 stars for a regiment. Does it stop giving shards for that regiment or not? Thanks for the answer Dimitri

Primer

Hy i have a question : when you reach level 23 and 5 stars for a regiment. Does it stop giving shards for that regiment or not? Thanks for the answer Dimitri
You can collect shards after reaching 5 star. The different sources seem to have different rules.

LW. If using Regiment to farm LW (such as to look for specific upgrades) the shard rewarded will always be the Regiment taking the LW. I am 5star and have 400 extra PES shards.

Random drop for some battles. Can be anything, including those that are already 5star.

War Harbor - you are offered shards for unlocked units that are not yet 5star. Once you are all 5 star you get random (same for most sources).

Smuggler Ship - you get random shards that are not yet 5star. I am not sure if it will give locked units.

Quest Ships - you get random shards that are not yet 5 star. Can be locked or unlocked.

Daily rewards - set the same for everyone and doesn’t matter if you are 5star or not.

Tigran

I’ve looked at many forums and many replies but couldn’t find an answer to the question that is the most important one - which regiments are the bests? Correct me if I am wrong but there is no answer to this question. Especially to newbies. I am level 6 (almost 7) with 9 regiments and I still don’t know which ones I should upgrade. I’ve heard that guards are useless, let’s count them out. Also, I’ve heard that faeries are the best ones so I upgrade them whenever I can. So 7 more regiments to upgrade right now, 5 can be used, and I get new regiments almost every day. It is really hard to pick 5 of those and upgrade. I would highly appreciate if someone helped me out.

For example, right now I wanna know - which one is better: Lela or Crossbows? Rough riders or Free knights? Royal pikes or Predators? And are savant mages good because it doesn’t seem so to me?

NoName

I’ve looked at many forums and many replies but couldn’t find an answer to the question that is the most important one - which regiments are the bests? Correct me if I am wrong but there is no answer to this question. Especially to newbies. I am level 6 (almost 7) with 9 regiments and I still don’t know which ones I should upgrade. I’ve heard that guards are useless, let’s count them out. Also, I’ve heard that faeries are the best ones so I upgrade them whenever I can. So 7 more regiments to upgrade right now, 5 can be used, and I get new regiments almost every day. It is really hard to pick 5 of those and upgrade. I would highly appreciate if someone helped me out.

For example, right now I wanna know - which one is better: Lela or Crossbows? Rough riders or Free knights? Royal pikes or Predators? And are savant mages good because it doesn’t seem so to me?
@Tigran, welcome to the forum... unfortunately, the term best is subjective.

However, easy learn tactic Regs & Regs that are useful on most maps are the ones I would invest my resources in first... just my opinion, but I would shoot for 8-12 Regs that looks something like this...

1. Maiden's Faeries
2. Dewport Guard, or King's Guard
3. Lela's Archers
4. Caenfort Archers
5. The Rough Riders, or Riders of Torga
6. Dark Shamans (there's some learning curve on how to use his Tree of Corruption)
7. Royal Pikes, or Pikes of Xataka
8. Gozura's Gunners

I'm intentionally leaving 9-12 blank, because unlike other games we really can make it work our own way of Warlording. Even if you think a Reg just looks cool, then you can figure out a way to find the right map & opponent to take advantage of the Regs abilities. And, if you have the eight core Regs I just mentioned you can definately make some good stuff happen.

Happy Warlording ;)

Tigran

@Tigran, welcome to the forum... unfortunately, the term best is subjective.

However, easy learn tactic Regs & Regs that are useful on most maps are the ones I would invest my resources in first... just my opinion, but I would shoot for 8-12 Regs that looks something like this...

1. Maiden's Faeries
2. Dewport Guard, or King's Guard
3. Lela's Archers
4. Caenfort Archers
5. The Rough Riders, or Riders of Torga
6. Dark Shamans (there's some learning curve on how to use his Tree of Corruption)
7. Royal Pikes, or Pikes of Xataka
8. Gozura's Gunners

I'm intentionally leaving 9-12 blank, because unlike other games we really can make it work our own way of Warlording. Even if you think a Reg just looks cool, then you can figure out a way to find the right map & opponent to take advantage of the Regs abilities. And, if you have the eight core Regs I just mentioned you can definately make some good stuff happen.

Happy Warlording ;)
Thanks for reply!

So you mean that dewport guards are the second most important, Lela - third, etc? Cuz I’ve heard that guards are really useless as they deal no damage and you can’t get crushing victory with them.

Jin

@Tigran. Adding my welcome to the WoA Community Forum.

Warlord NoName list is not in the order of which regiment is best. In fact all of them can be best according to your battle style and map conditions.

For a newbie, I recommend one regiment from each class then at least another 3 that you like to take into battles. How any regiments you want in your main army depends on how fast you want to progress & how much tactical variety you want. For example, more regiments mean slower progress but more tactical variety.

Please be aware that a lot of the threads/posts before 2018 are not relevant to the current system of WoA.

There are pitfalls & walls that may slow your progress. Warlording the way you enjoy most but not what someone else tell you must do.

warlord235

In game of rock, paper, scissors, you don't ask which one is the best. Same thing with WoA.
Depends on map, opponents, "best" reg (or combo of regs) is different.
For example, in strong hold battles, a lot of maps have "chock point," you can easily win those by putting a tank there, with some mage reg (mage reg has best offence) behind it. But if the map is flat, and your enemy has more than one archers, you better not use mages. Archers are really good at killing mages. Use riders (reach archers fast to eliminate their advantage), archers (use rain of fire to stop enemy come from unwanted direction), and pikes (use position switch to get to forest occupied by enemy) instead.
Think combo of reg instead of simple reg. Think combos that "fits" the opponents and maps the best.
To construct a combo, you need offence and defense.
Mages (SM, FM, DS, MF, PES) are strongest in offence, and the weakest in defense, especially against archers.
Guardians (DG, KG) are best in defense, and worst in offence. Use them only to "hold" chock points.
Pikes (RP, POX, LP) are best fighting riders, archers. Switch position (RP, PoX) ability is very helpful in some maps.
Archers (LA, CA) - use RoF for control, best against mages. If opponent has more than one mage, definitely use archers or/and LC( doesn't have RoF ability).
Riders (RR, FK, RoT, DT) - fastest reg. you need them fighting multiple archers.
special team:
TB - good tank, also good offence. But expensive to upgrade.
GG - longest range (4), a must if opponent has multiple mages.
TPB - People say it is the best tank, I haven't tried it yet - it is too expensive.
TSG - nobody likes it, so I am trying to see it is good for what opponents and maps, could be fun!
GH - another "bad" reg. I am not convinced that it won't be fun trying to fit it in some combo. Although I don't have gold to try it now.

Giant regs (GG, TB, TPB, TSG, GH) are really expensive, don't upgrade them until you are at least around level 13 (able to use epic items). Upgrade them one by one, otherwise you are going to have a huge gold problem.

get one reg from each group, try different combo for different maps, opponents. It is fun.
Try to get two reg in each group - when one is in recovering mode, you can use the other.
Finally - Don't follow my recommendation, try to find your own way of having fun!

Primer

It’s been said before, but I will repeat it here.

The “best” way to play WoA is the way that is most fun for you. There is no absolute right or wrong.

With patience you can advance to having all Units maxed in a couple years. With money you can do it faster. Up to you.

Enjoy the journey - because there is really nothing at the destination right now.

I compare it to Game of Thrones. It was a great ride getting to the end... and then... yeah, that’s it, really?