1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

What about size of WoA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackAdder666, Aug 17, 2018.

?

What about size of WoA being 4.55 Gig in total?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2018.
  1. That is too big, Innogames has to fix the size somehow

20.0%
  2. My device is full, next update, I will have to uninstall Woa

20.0%
  3. That is CRAZY big

20.0%
  4. The size does not bother me on my device, yet...

80.0%
  5. I have farmed and grinded too long, to dare reinstall WoA to maybe reduce size slightly

20.0%
  6. I have already been forced to uninstall and leave WoA, due to size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

2. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Supposedly you can uninstall, then reinstall to fix your issue. Have you tried?

This issue might also be causing your Ad for Life problems.

My game is 2.17G.

3. Mark Engle

I have the game on two devices. I just deleted, then reinstalled on my tablet. The new install only uses 677 MB. Game works fine.
    As long as your game is synced with Google Play or whatever IOS uses, you won't lose your data.

Once the new game starts, tap thru the brief tutorial. Once the main game screen loads, go to settings and press connect. Voila! Load your game data.

4. BlackAdder666

I do not think that any player would be hurt or sad if the game size was reduced by Innogames...

5. Mark Engle

They did reduce it. But the only way to get the smaller version is by deleting your old game and installing the new version.

You can do it! We have faith in the BlackAdder!

6. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    You shouldn't be afraid of re-installing WoA, I've re-installed the game 15+ times - Every time a new update comes out I have to remove it and re-install it on my emulator over my PC.
    If you want to be extra sure you don't lose your progress you should just take a picture of the 'option screen' - It has your player ID (or whatever you wanna call it) so even if some problem occurs they should be able to restore your progress.

Jin likes this.
  7. BlackAdder666

As stated earlier I am too chicken to reinstall. Also, not sure if I remember my passwords for WoA or Google play :(

8. Mark Engle

You're gonna be spending some quality time in the Pit of Misery should your device, for whatever reason, die a horrible death.

Sync your game with google play, good Sir!

Jin likes this.
  9. Zancudo

Zancudo Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Do you play WoA on a Pc emulator? Does it run fine?. It is a good idea...:rolleyes:

10. Victorash

Victorash Active Member

From what I know it takes automatically the data from the google play (android) or game center(ios). I didn’t have to introduce the password when I instAlled the game on my second device

11. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I do, and have been doing so even long before InnoGames took over. I usually do all Stronghold and PvP battles over it and only use my mobile for LW fights when I'm out. :)
    The only problems that I've encountered with it is that 1. You need to reinstall it pretty much every time the game is updated. (doesn't take very long bc it's a pc though, so not really a problem) and 2. You can't zoom in/out on the maps. (since it would require 2 fingers, you can still move around though so it doesn't prevent you from playing)
    It's actually great for writing in alliance chat with, since it doesn't cover up the chat when you're writing (unlike mobile does) and you can also write much faster using a keyboard. :eek:
    I'm using a emulator called 'Bluestacks': it's free (and works well with other games too) - but only for android, so if you use non-android devices you'd probably have to look for another one.

- If anyone runs out of space on their phone for Warlords, I would recommend using a emulator over PC, since it's a lot better than quitting. :D

BlackAdder666 and Zancudo like this.
  12. Zancudo

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Thanks!

13. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

WoA does not have a password - so that one is easy. In the settings page there is a button that should show "connected" if you are logged in with GameCenter (iOS) or GooglePlay (Android). That login is not part of WoA but only used by it. Think of it as an OS feature. If you re-install WoA will - after the finishing the tutorial - determine your identity and offer to overwrite your new/local game state with the one from the server.

Also the settings page show your user id. It's the small random character sequence on the bottom of the screen which starts with a "U:". If really something goes wrong, InnoGames can retrieve your old game state with that id. So make a screen shot of your settings screen and give it a try.

The current game version will have a very hard time to identify un-used assets (like graphics) that previous versions (by Wooga) downloaded - this might never be fully fixed.

I know this sucks but I really do think that re-installing (after making a screenshot) is the best approach here.

Jin likes this.
  14. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I am similar to BlackAdder where I don’t have a lot of confidence in my tech ability even for easy items. Looking at getting s new phone soon so I took the plunge today.

I created a GameCenter ID and hit the connect button. Then I downloaded WoA on my wife’s tablet and logged in with same ID. Everything worked fine and it was all there. Now I feel confident I won’t lose my progress if anything happens.

After two years game still only uses a little over 2G on my iPhone so I am not having problems yet. But nice to know I have a recent reset point if needed.

BlackAdder666 and Jin like this.
  15. Mark Engle

One can probably find 5.25" floppies to back up your data. Just in case, ya know?

Spiderman, BlackAdder666 and Jin like this.
  16. Zancudo

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Hahahhahah.

17. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I am going to transfer all my punch card data onto those in a couple weeks. One step at a time.

Spiderman, BlackAdder666 and Jin like this.
  18. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    You can reach us on the Support System if you need assistance, that's why we're here :)

19. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

Devs were able to help me recover a lost account last year via a support ticket. Picked up right where it was left off. Took about a week, but better than starting over.

I’d say give them a chance. Sure there are a few bugs but I haven’t seen anything that is really significant.

20. BlackAdder666

Well, he was very unhappy with a lot of things in WoA, maybe he is happier not playing the game. To quote The Walking Dead; "It is better now"...