1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

What about size of WoA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackAdder666, Aug 17, 2018.

?

What about size of WoA being 4.55 Gig in total?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2018.
  1. That is too big, Innogames has to fix the size somehow

20.0%
  2. My device is full, next update, I will have to uninstall Woa

20.0%
  3. That is CRAZY big

20.0%
  4. The size does not bother me on my device, yet...

80.0%
  5. I have farmed and grinded too long, to dare reinstall WoA to maybe reduce size slightly

20.0%
  6. I have already been forced to uninstall and leave WoA, due to size

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

Regarding the size, like I mentioned in a thread made in Bugs section we are polishing some aspects of the game in order to improve game's size and about losing the account, well, we are able to recover the account if you lost it due to changing the device, there is one case which we are not able to retrieve it and it is when the account has been deleted due to the recent changes to EU laws (GDPR) therefore we are forced to delete accounts that have been inactive for some time but even so, you always should contact our Support system and we will see what we can arrange.

Now, even though I may be a bit off-topic mentioning this, I don't think we have major bugs that interfere with the normal gameflow, of course we have bugs but I wouldn't say these are too big (I may be missing something).

2. Chiri

We need you to contact us trough Support system in order to assist you with the recovery of the account.

3. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Please do your best to decrease size as soon as possible, devs at Innogames....

4. BlackAdder666

New update today. 31+33 MB, WoA is now 4.74 Gig large. Please, pleade reduce size soon...??

5. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I feel bad being the one having to break this to you, but I don't think you should expect WoA to reach a reasonable size unless you try re-installing the game, my guess is that your WoA app has a LARGE amount of unnecessary stuff laying around that you don't actually need to play the game. (right now the max size of the game if you re-install it from new should be something like 2.7GB, that means that your app at the very least has almost 2GB that I don't think you need at all)
    My WoA apps size is no-where near what yours is (like not even close at all, it's almost 1/8 the size of yours and I have 2 other large games besides it on a crappy old mobile) - there's only so much the devs can do with optimizing the app.
    This is how much WoA is taking up on my mobile, it's literally nothing compared to yours:
    [​IMG]

Jin, BlackAdder666 and Jesper like this.
  6. BlackAdder666

3.89 Gig is on my extra sd card now. If there are unused files there it is not a problem for me. It is the close to 1 Gig on my main device, that is too big and keeps growing. If WoA is my only game, then why is my 8 Gig device full? As you all know, Android stuff that you cannot remove like Google play, OS etc takes up a crapload of space. I have removed all possible apps and games, deactivated all "you are forced to have" and emptied data and cache on all where it is possible. So reinstalling may free space on my extra 32 G SD card, but that does not solve space issue on main device.

To cram in the latest 60+ MB update, I emptied data and cache on all the Google play apps and quickly updated WoA as G play is very fast to fill it up again. Next update will not fit, unless it is under 10 MB and only have as its purpose to decrease size on main device or move it to extra SD storage. Otherwise next update will be a very short kiss goodbye, and my 2,5 years playing WoA will come to an end :( :( :(

7. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect reason to buy a shiny new tablet.

8. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I mean, logging in on a new tablet/device is exactly the same as just re-installing the game... It's the same procedure you go though. :p

9. Jesper

Jesper Well-Known Member

That would be a terrible loss - for us.
    I understand that you don‘t want to risk
    Re-installing the game. But if above happens you have to do it anyway.
    Please make and save a screenshot of your settings screen so that you know your user id. With that user id Innogames can always recover your game state.

10. Anton Amby

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    If it ever gets to that you should just install it over pc ;)

11. BlackAdder666

Been thinking about buying a shiny new tablet with a monster sized internal space and also a big extra sd card for over a year now. But as many say, a new tablet involves the same procedure as reinstalling, so I am chicken about this too :D :( :D

Of course I have my game id saved on screenshot and on paper in my bank vault ;-)

Jin and Jesper like this.
  12. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    No worries on unistalling the game, just be sure before doing it that:
    A) The device is connected to Google Play (Android) or Game Center (iOS).
    B) You have saved a screenshot of your game settings, where you can see the account ID.

If the step A has been done correctly the recovery/sync of the account is completely automatic, otherwise you can just send us a ticket with the new and old user IDs and we'll be able to manually recover your account :)

Enjoy your free space on your device :p

Jin and Anton Amby like this.
  13. BlackAdder666

Could you exactly specify what connected to Google Play means. I get notifications from Google Play about WoA updates when they are available. I do not remember any password (if there is any) or username at Google Play. Am I then connected or not???

On settings screen is the long thing at the very bottom my user ID?

14. Chiri

It means that you are connected with Google Play, meaning that Google Play makes the login for you, as long as you used the same Google account you will not have any issue saving/restoring your game.

It is perfectly explained in here how it works.

15. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

Does the above post mean it might be possible to retrieve my google play account to play on my apple device if I know my old user ID?

Or, even better, can I add both mid-strength armies to make one big strong one? (I know I can’t ;p)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    BlackAdder666 likes this.
  16. Chiri

We can transfer from Android to iOS and viceversa if the IDs are known but... keep in mind, this is for transfering not for being able to play on both platforms at the same time, that is not possible for now we have plans to allow it in the future but not anytime soon.

17. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

Ooh!

My other account is more advanced...tempting to go back to it (I hear the either/or). Carried on with this one because thought this wasn’t possible.

I’ll ponder and may well be in touch. Thanks

18. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

This would be great. Hopefully there are enough warlords out there that could benefit from this. In the mean time, thanks for the Retreat confirmation button, and I will have my request ready & waiting for submission the day both platforms can play the same account.

19. BlackAdder666

Another enormous update. Still no reduction of size of WoA in sight. Devs, please?

20. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    Have you reinstalled the game?