1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

What if you couldn't force-close the game and re-start battles?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mark Engle, Jan 22, 2019.

?

Poll: If we couldn't re-start battles for free, would you...

1. A. Quit the game and move on to something more playable

2. B. Keep playing, but only if they reduced the difficulty of battles

3. C. Keep playing the game 'as is'

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

What if we couldn't re-start battles for free by closing the app?

2. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Without ads working properly, WoA would be unplayable due to the luck in crits. I would have to stop playing or invest heavily in anger management sessions...

Supercool6, RasClart, Burning and 4 others like this.
  3. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I would be playing only PvE since crit would be disgusting.
    (Not that it would change a lot from now, since the only PvP I play are the ones against other ppl from WLI on hard maps, since it's kind of fun the times the games aren't decided by crit. :p)

Hackuuna likes this.
  4. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Active Member

It's a good question.
    For me, carry on a normal since I don't do that anyway.
    It really shouldn't be there, in my opinion

Hackuuna likes this.
  5. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

With the ridiculous 3hr timers for dead units I would personally infer it's an attempt for Devs to get us to spend Diamonds and label this game a full blown pay to play/win. Without PvP and WC for shards, progress would be to slow for me to stay interested. Plus the PvP fights usually are the most interesting now that I have all but the green mist discovered.

Gazgulkilla, RasClart and Waarthog like this.
  6. Owain

Owain Member

I admit to using this. There is s broader discussion ad to its merits, and the excessive impact of crits. But to know some players can revive 5 units s day via adds, whilst others cannot. That to me is a bigger issue. Level the playing field. Make respawns 10 diamonds. Charge for each PvP battle, and make adds available to all.

Supercool6 and Dezytrius like this.
  7. Dezytrius

Dezytrius Active Member

I like it all but the charge for PvP. I'm for selecting your skull level as a function. Those competing can have all the 4skulls they need to compete, and those farming can have have all the 1-2 skulls they can speed through per day. Well not all, but maximum number allowed

8. LiefEric

LiefEric New Member

Without free restart, game would be much harder for me. I kinda wish the devs would either accept people are doing it (and let you flee without damage), or log actions locally or on server so that restarting doesn't reset the battle. It seems weird that crashing the game is a useful strategy.

9. alexbb

alexbb Active Member

Force-close is playing outside the game rules (or cheating if you like). But then, if everyone exploits this cheat, playing without it would make it very challenging compared to others.
    If everyone is breaking the rule, this means either the rule is not good enough and needs to be changed (allow to have a restart button), or the penalty for breaking it is too little (or nonexistent in our case). If I would know that nobody can force close the app, and give another try to get better luck, personally I would be a lot happier with the game, especially with the PvP competition.

10. Hai

Hai Active Member

if this option is out ruled, I would definitely quit. The game already tells you to focus 110%, and it does not really let you make a mistakes.
    like playing chess at a high level. One minor mistake cost your whole party.

not to mention this stupid crit chance.

1) when you leave a unit alive to heal your party, but just want to reduce its number to as low as possible to not let him deal significant dmg... then you crit. 100% of time :)

2) when enemy just got lucky and crit you. (with 1 health unit, and that kills your fully healthy one lol)

because of this 1) and 2), if no restart would be possible... hasta la vista innoGames

11. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Until the devs fix a bug it's a feature in my book. :D

Dezytrius, BlackAdder666 and Jin like this.
  12. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

We have something in store for you. Wait for version 0.61 :)

13. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not a stop to the force close thing. Removing that would seriously damage the playability of WoA and you would see droves of players playing less and less and eventually stop playing.....

Gazgulkilla, Dezytrius and Owain like this.
  14. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

The only thing that makes any sense would be a "Re-start Battle" button.

Anything else?

15. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

In my opinion the only reason to adjust anything related to this would be if they are making an effort to make PVP season results more skill-based rather than a diamond spending war. Not sure that fits the current business model.

For the rest of the game (shire exploration, boss battles, Stronghold marathons, etc) the ability to restart with no losses is a good thing - again, just my opinion. Doesn’t matter if the restart is via force closing the app or a selection button.

I look at extremely difficult battles as a challenge and a puzzle. I may not always get the right army combo or strategy the first time, but after a couple tries I can usually figure something out. At least until I face too many archers in a Stronghold.

In my experience restarts are not about repeating the same thing again and again until you get enough lucky Critical shots to win, but rather about making strategy adjustments to accomplish the goal. Class advantage, armor selection and first turn offense/defense choice is easily a difference maker in many difficult battles.

Burgin, Dezytrius, RasClart and 5 others like this.
  16. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I would like to see the restart cheat abolished completely, it might be an argument to stick around longer for me. But this can only work if the influence of critical hits is reduced at the same time. These two changes combined would lead to a more strategic (less luck), more planned (less trial and error) game-play. The game would become more about skill than about how many times you can restart and change up your strategy and hope for crits at the right moment.

Dezytrius, alexbb and BlackAdder666 like this.
  17. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

Good idea. We also wanted to implement this first, but will reveal something different soon.

18. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

There are many more like this. You may think coy is cute, but I just find it increasingly tiresome. Why not just be upfront and forthright once in a while, rather than trying to create suspense every time, which then generally just leads to disappointed expectations?

19. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

Letting us know what you plan so we can argue and maybe find potential flaws or even ways to do improve your ideas would be great before you implemented the changes ... Also you wouldn't spoil the surprise for the majority of the players ... I'd guess only a small amount comes here to the forum

I'm excited with what your going to come up with and hope we will get some info on your plans (wanted to write soon but this word has been over used recently)

BlackAdder666 likes this.
  20. Aniquileitor

Aniquileitor Member

I'm thinking they will add some kind of healing potions, which heal some hp%

BlackAdder666, Dezytrius and NoName like this.