1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

What if you couldn't force-close the game and re-start battles?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mark Engle, Jan 22, 2019.

?

Poll: If we couldn't re-start battles for free, would you...

1. A. Quit the game and move on to something more playable

2. B. Keep playing, but only if they reduced the difficulty of battles

3. C. Keep playing the game 'as is'

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bruthor

Bruthor Lead Community Manager Staff Member

Close, but not quite. And I will have to rephrase: Wait for version 0.61 or later :-O

2. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

Hopefully not to close I don't really like the idea of potions, having to spend gold or even diamonds on them or relying on them to drop isn't a good fix for this ... I think many here would appreciate a bit more info on your plans ... Don't forget you can also get some valuable input for the community here ... Well all in all can't wait to see what your attempt is going to be to fix tgis issue

Loraykin likes this.
  3. Loraykin

Loraykin Active Member

I guess that's a clear statement you won't even try to be more forthright about upcoming changes. That's a shame.

4. Arci

Arci Community Manager Staff Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WoA
    If it's not 0.61 (that is being deployed as we speak) it will likely be 0.62, just a couple of weeks later.

More time to test and fix issues, meaning less bugs... it shouldn't be that bad to wait a little bit more :)

5. Waarthog

Waarthog Member

I really would have hoped for a bit more info and a more head time for such major changes. Just so some of us (especially those with not fully developed armies) know in what direction it's going ... should I continue trying to min/max and keep on farming shards for my top 5 to get them to 5* or would it be wiser to broaden my army ( due to more units on timers) and get more to 4*
    ... guess we just have to be patient ( a virtue very much needed in this game ;))

Dezytrius and BlackAdder666 like this.
  6. Kai Liang

Kai Liang New Member

To be very honest, without the forced restart, this game is simply unplayable. I think this is poor design to be honest. Rather than double client home and quit and restart, I hope the game can just simply make restart a one-button feature, since I am pretty certain 98% people do this anyway.

Dezytrius, Gazgulkilla and Waarthog like this.
  7. Gazgulkilla

Gazgulkilla Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    ELC
    Sorry, I'm @L19 with 6 units, level 18 with 2 I think, then they fall off from there to level 12 on my last couple. If you fix the 'restart by closing app' feature during battles, I would quit. It would be a freemium/premium game just for people that spend more than Im willing too daily. Not that I havent bought diamonds in the past, but I'm not doing it daily and thus would move on. Plenty more strategy games in this genre out there.

RasClart and Dezytrius like this.
  8. Hai

Hai Active Member

if ( solution.include? gems )
    quit();

RasClart likes this.
  9. Chiri

Chiri Community Manager Staff Member

What do you have to say about this now that we have included Scroll of Rejuveneration?

10. Owain

Owain Member

It really helps. If you have a scroll active you fight till the end, and simply restart if you lose. I am happy with it as a compromise, others who spend less ££ to buy diamonds may have a different opinion.

11. klimbo

klimbo New Member

There is s more extensive dialog promotion to its benefits, and the inordinate effect of crits. Be that as it may, to realize a few players can restore 5 units s day by means of includes Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate , while others can't. That to me is a greater issue

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Dezytrius and Primer like this.
  12. BlackAdder666

BlackAdder666 Well-Known Member

Still, if force close is removed that would make me leave WoA for good, crit is too much about luck and always ruin an optimal strategy. If heal scrolls would cost gold, or maximum 10 diamonds at full price, I might keep playing. But scrolls at 50-100 diamonds and removal of force close would be the end of this game, too many players would reach the point of being too fed up.

I like the scroll, but I do not like my lazy playing style when using them. Kamikaze all but one reg and do another battle. Using scrolls, game is even less about using good strategy, just finish quickly and have time for more battles while scroll is active. So personally, I will use them sparingly even if price goes down....

Dezytrius, Zancudo, Hai and 2 others like this.
  13. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Well-Known Member

Absolutely 100% agree with this.

Dezytrius and BlackAdder666 like this.
  14. Supercool6

Supercool6 Member

Until I started following this forum several months into the game, I had no idea about restarts, and it was a huge game changer.
    I personally think it's good being able to restart because it gives me the opportunity to try out different hero combinations and strategies in tough battles and really experiment, where this just wouldn't be possible waiting 3hrs at a time for units to heal

15. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

This game is eminently playable without the restart-app thing. I don’t use this.

It’s my sense that people have just got used to including this loophole’ to the extent they believe they can’t play without it without spending £££’s. They can...it just requires a bit more patience and forethought...

...which is what makes this game challenging and more enjoyable for me

BlackAdder666, Primer and Jin like this.
  16. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    BAMF
    That would suck. I like difficult battles but hate the revival time of damaged regiments.