1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

Why leveling all regiments equally - 10-12 regiments?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Tat1973, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Tat1973

Tat1973 New Member

Many suggest us to level all regiments equally. But why is that when we are ultimately picking 10-12 regiments to invest time and gold?

2. NoName

NoName Active Member

all is subjective. Like you said what if we are only building an Army of 10-12 why all?

I’m one of those warlords who values a balanced equally promoted, forged, upgraded, & leveled Army. But, only to the size you feel you need.

I run 12 Regs, and use only them. So, these 12 get all the attention.

While other warlords are probably much better strategists than me & can accomplish the same result with just 8 Regs, and these 8 are again all promoted, forged, upgraded & leveled equally.

The recommendations to keep them equal is also subjective. Primarily just keeping your main Regs within 1* of one another, upgrades balanced & within 1 level of one another with work out just fine as opposed to.... say building one Reg to level 23, 5*, while your main force still includes 3*’s & level 20 Regs.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    BlueRuby and Jin like this.
  3. Jibberjabber

Jibberjabber Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Super
    I have been pondering this as I start the game.

Still noob but I'm not a fan of the two human Pike units and the orc Pike unit is too hard to level up.... Having said that I almost never bother to use any of the pikes

I'm worried that if I level my main units too high the lesser units will become obsolete even as a side option.

On the other hand having a few ancor units may lower my power level grantin my power team better odds in the fights they have to face.

Is there any truth to either of these thoughts?

4. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

I'm a big fan of the human Pikes and their ability to switch places with a unit (and their flanking bonus isn't bad either).

5. Jibberjabber

Jibberjabber Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    Super
    That's interesting.

I find the switch ability kind of weak even though the computer uses it against me to great effect.

6. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

I usually use it to get a unit out of the woods, from an uphill position, or put it into a Swamp space (best choice) or just a Plains space so other units can finish it off at an advantage.

7. BlueRuby

BlueRuby Well-Known Member

This.
    I’m another of the warlords that recommend a wide, balanced army, as above (indeed, I’m levelling all equally- as equally as possible).
    Other warlords will be able/ want to progress with far fewer regiments.

There’s no one right way. Each approach will have its pro’s and cons:

To level all equally ensures you always have an army ready to fight on any map, against any enemy formation, against an enemy well-matched in difficulty...and...it takes a looong time to progress.

To level fewer regiments (I’ve seen warlords running with 5-16 regiments, usually) is to progress faster; probably more efficiently...and...can cause difficulty if there grows too wide a gulf between the A team and the rest, for the reasons you describe above, jibberjabber. Noname goes on to suggest a good approach to levelling your chosen regiments.

For what it’s worth, I’m a bit meh on pikes too: guardians all the way!

8. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Active Member

One thing to consider: you can't reach WL 23 only leveling 10 units! You will run out of upgrades and not have enough WL exp to level higher. I've actually run into this a couple times at WL 20, 21, 22. I've had to go through and put XP potions on units I don't use in order to level them up and use cheap upgrades to get enough WL XP to advance. I'm working on 10 main units. 5 are lvl 21 and 5 are a mix of 19 & 20. I have a couple more at 18, 19 and a bunch of lvl 5-10. I'm still several thousand WL XP from 22.

Inspirace likes this.
  9. Enodrevo

Enodrevo Active Member

Following up on my previous response, I have maxed out the xp on MF at lvl 21 and I'm far off from WL 22. I've linked a screenshot of my army. 6 are lvl 21 (top row) and only missing 1 upgrade on each of 3 (to get better items on LW). These open slots are 230 WL xp. Second row is 4 units at lvl 20 fully upgraded. Still lots of WL xp to hit 22. I calculated that for 30k gold I can upgrade DS and hit WL 22 because he has a lot of expensive upgrades to do. So I'm also practicing with him more. He's lvl 18.

https://flic.kr/p/2fsQ67Y

Val likes this.