1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

WoA Reboot (Newbies Guide)

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Jin, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Mark Engle

Mark Engle Well-Known Member

@Jin

I'm at WL7 on 2nd play-thru. I haven't been offered Ads for Life yet. I can't remember if that was the case in my first journey.

Can you get Ads4Life?

2. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Yes, ad for life is active from day 1 as far as I can remember.

3. Bibense

Bibense Member

I don't get any ads for life also. Only diamond option but no problem since there are not many things to do. I am a newbie at rank 8 atm, and this subject is clearly very useful for newbies like me. I have a problem with gold coins. PvP doesn't make you earn gold and apart from Shire and Brigands there is not so much gold earning cases even if you win with CV. I also sometimes use 675 Gold coins at Dewport to get some upgrades. My questions are below and I appreciate very much if you have time to answer;
    1. How can we get more gold in game?
    2. I have opened KG and FK but I cannot find any use of them much. Are they really useful?
    Thanks in advance...

4. highlander1961

highlander1961 New Member

Thanks for reaching out JIn you have really embraced helping newbies which in turn helps the promotion/health of the game. The work you did on your guides is amazing and detailed and it is a true help guide.
    The forum is lucky to have you..Game is great only issue I have experienced and i have seen it mentioned in other places, is the struggle to acquire shards with the update. luck of the draw i guess also plays a part. But the game is a fun and challenging having a good time with it.

Jin likes this.
  5. Suporex

Suporex New Member

Hello Jin,

I didn't want to create account and I asked some questions on one of your youtube videos. If I won't get answer there I will move it here but for now I will not duplicate. Anyway I decided to create forum account because I have too many questions, like in here you got MF somehow from clearing tree of life, I left it as I went for PvP mostly and other things. But I now checked the area and for me I will get only 2 MF shards and then the area next to it gives 2 more, how did you get 10? I am buying them from stores and didn't know I could unlock them fast.

Thanks.

[EDIT] MF question resolved, after clearing one of the areas with 2 shards the other open with 10 shards.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  6. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Bibense. Sorry it took so long to answer your questions.

If you've deep pocket, then you can use real money to buy diamonds then exchange them for gold.;)

However, if you don't want to spend too much money then 'grind & conserve' is the only solution.

'Grind' means clearing LW, BI, shire & stronghold battles. Apart from these, daily rewards, Sky Arch & Smuggler Ship do gives you some gold.

'Conserve' means don't use the forge for common to lengendary items. Don't upgrade regiments that you don't use unless you need them to increase your WL XP.

At end of PvP season, the trophies you've collected are changed into WC & gold at a ratio of 1:1.

This is question of warlording strategy. My strategy is that I want 12 regiments. 10 regiments of 2 types each and then another extra 2 regiments to complement my battle style. In the absent of clone regiments, I've used FK as my 2nd cavalry regiment. I've left KG in the SA to collect XP because I unlock him quite late compare to my other regiments. I've plan to include GG in my main army combo so taking along TPB will place too much strain on my gold reserve. KG will be more than likely to be my 2nd guard regiment.

Hope this somewhat answer your queries.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Inspirace and Bibense like this.
  7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your generous compliments, @highlander1961.

I may have been the author of this thread but a lot of what I posted comes from too numerous warlords to mention one by one. I've always hold the belief that the more warlords there are, the more warlording I get to do.:)

One way I reduce the appearance of 'unwanted' shards is to delay the unlocking of regiments. I've enough shards to unlock GH, TPB and RoT but since I've no immediate plan to include them in my 12 regiments army, I've not done so. This means that those shards don't appear in the top row of WH for sale. However, as Warlord Mark Engle pointed out that I've the luxury of discovering their ability in my 1st journey but for a warlord newbies that has not happen and it may not be fair to deny newbies the excitement of unlocking a new regiment.;)

Unfortunately, LW, WH & BI are the only option to get shards. If you've diamonds then SS and IS are good investment. Merchant if you get desperate. :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  8. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-09-10-20-31-59~01.jpg
    This is the army screen where ad for life can be accessed. Tap on the 'Watch Ad' button to start it.

9. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

G'Day @Suporex. Very strange that your post seems to be appeared out of nowhere.

Most of your questions you've posted on YouTube were answered in this thread. If not, please ask them again.

There are a couple of questions that I'll answer though. I hold my regiments at Rank 6 to test if putting upgrades one regiment at a time or together can affect the difficulties of battles. However, I can't detect any significant changes so I've abandoned that strategy. I'm putting on upgrades as soon as the regiment has rank up.

CV is not crucial. It's near to impossible to achieve CV in all battles. My thought is if you get it then pump your fists and shouted with glee: "TAKE THAT!!" or else just move on.:):)

As far as I'm aware, WoA has no Wiki entries so how did you find my thread on it??!! You mean I'm 'famous' and I don't even know it??!! Does it mean I can start collecting royalties for all my threads and posts??!!:D:p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    NoName and Mark Engle like this.
  10. Bibense

Bibense Member

From day one no ad buttons anywhere. Should I open a ticket for it? Or anything that should be done on Android phone to make it appear?

11. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Wait so is there just nothing in your army screen where the ''Watch Ad'' button is supposed to be? Can someone missing it post a pic?

12. Mark Engle

I posted this issue in the Bugs section a few days ago. My second acct has yet to be offered Ads 4 Life, too.

13. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Just for clarification, the button does not appear if the regiment is not injured.

14. Nagalen

Nagalen New Member

I am WL10 and I have never seen the watch add button either.

15. Nagalen

Nagalen New Member

The spot where the button should be is blank/empty.

16. Mark Engle

Rather than continue to hijack @Jin 's thread, realize that a mod already responded to this issue, and stated that Innogames is working on expanding its library of ads.

This is likely a device issue. Older operating systems probably cannot run these ads/videos, or the game they are advertising won't work on your old device.

17. Nagalen

Nagalen New Member

Lol. My device is new. It doesn't have anything to do with the number of ads just that the option doesn't show up at all. @Jin I'm sorry not trying to hijack.

18. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

08-09-2018 to 11-09-2018 Diary.

Screenshot_2018-09-08-00-48-57~01.jpg
    There are two regions to clear to unlock DMS. 10 battles comprises of 2×2S, 4×3S & 4×4S for me to get through. The final battle was a tough 4v4 4S where I lost 2 regiments to full recovery timer.
    Screenshot_2018-09-08-21-38-32~01.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-08-23-11-57~01.jpg
    It took me about 4 weeks of warlording to get to DMS. I don't have access to WoA during my working hours and on average I've only managed to clear 3 or 4 LW per day. The highest level in DMS I get to at the moment is only 17. I need better items to progress further because the 4S battles have too many units per regiment to ko with level 1 common and uncommon items.

Screenshot_2018-09-08-07-06-41~01.jpg
    Got my first IS in this 2nd journey. I would have like 10 shards of PoX or CA but TPB is not so bad. I've yet to unlock him, GH and RoT despite having collected the shards needed.:) The shards of locked regiments does not appear in WH top row.

Screenshot_2018-09-08-07-06-06~01.jpg
    WL10 achieved without much difficulties. Most of my regiments are still at Rank 9 so there's no problem yet of ranking outstripping WL. At the moments it's less than 200 WL XP to WL11.

Screenshot_2018-09-09-17-33-01~01.jpg
    First MS with 50 diamonds appeared after I've nearly depleted the diamonds reserve buying the IS. Could it be that WoA programming detect the low level of diamonds before giving out 50 diamonds in MS?:rolleyes:

The Lesser Potion of Knowledge and Potion of Knowledge have also started to appear in batches of 3 and 2 respectively with the increase in WL.

PvP TC for T1 and T2 has increase to 23 and 31 respectively. Still no sign of T3 or T4 PvP. Collected 1874T so far.

Obsetvations:
    I'm convinced that the timing to unlock the first stronghold is not as bad as I thought it would be or as a few warlords newbies have led me to believe. It could be because I'm more patient than some warlords newbies. There's a definite pattern as to how InnoGames design the discovering and unlocking of the regions and the difficulties level of the shire battles to clear those regions. If a warlords take the time to promote and upgrade their regiment to the appropriate level then the shire battles can be won.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Primer and Anton Amby like this.
  19. Spiderman

Spiderman Active Member

I actually got this also within the past couple of days with 1200+ gems, so I think it's just a lucky random "roll" :)

20. Suporex

Suporex New Member

It happened because of me being new user every post had to be moderated.
    as to famous it is rather me being lazy and I didn't want to create account on this forum so I asked in the youtube video.

so at the moment I am fine but DG and LP are lacking as I don't know if I should invest in them, not sure if i should keep upgrades for better regiments.
    DG are mostly on side line and LP are on full rotation in SA.

My party is SM MF LA RR RP for everything that needs 5 and for lower I just choose 3 or 4 from this 5 (I am getting CA for 90% of fights. Only boss fights and BI are not CA) is that OK?

should I put those upgrades on DG LP? (oh, I just remembered that I use LP only for boss fights to use their impale ability like I have seen in one of your videos)

FK are coming so maybe I should not upgrade DG and invest in FK? are they better guards?

How does your line up looks like now? What regiments are worth leaving behind and which ones to prioritize with upgrades? so far I prioritize MF LA RR

What to do with common items? sell them?

1 more shard for LC should I invest them?

Thanks,

PS. oh and I never seen the ad button to lower wait time either and I play on Nox and on Samsung S8+ (checked multiple times on both, never possibility of watching ad)

[EDIT]should I spend crystals on shards that are on sale at merchant shop? or keep them for that imperial ship?