1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

WoA Reboot (Newbies Guide)

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Jin, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Suporex.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I think Warlord NoName has given a very, very thorough run down of the regiments that you're asking about in the thread 'Regiment Comparison'.

I just wanted to add that I don't really like telling warlords newbies which regiments to include in their army combo. After warlording for so long, IMHO, the army combo is a personal choice. We can tell you the good and bad of each regiment but ultimately you're going to be the one that's taking them into battles so you should have a final say in which regiments to bring along.

Atm, my army combo comprises of DG, KG, RR, FK, RP, LP, FM, SM, LA & LC. GH, RoT & TPB remains locked despite having the shards for unlocking. TB has no upgrade applied, he's just riding the SA. Another three regiments that I'm hoping to get are CA, GG & PoX.

I've applied all available upgrades to all regiments except TB. I've not sell any items or upgrades yet because I don't have need of gold with 80k+ in reserve. You can sell upgrades or items to get gold but only when you need the gold.

Using diamonds to exchange for shards in this early stage is not a good idea. Diamonds should be saved up to buy IS or SS. I got all my shards through shire battles, LW, WH, ships and SA.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Three shire battles video to show the presene and absence of the healing power of MF can have on the outcome of a battle.

Screenshot_2018-09-13-08-18-59~01.jpg

I sacrifice CV so that I can have a healthy LA for next battle.

Screenshot_2018-09-13-08-24-32~01.jpg

I gambled on the 2nd round nova from AI mage will not greatly harm my regiments because I want to bottle up the 2 regiments above the village. CV last round was a bonus.:cool:

Screenshot_2018-09-13-08-43-09~01.jpg

One wrong move on my part got MF ko. I could have restart the battle but... Ended up with MF ko, LA & LP on partial recovery timer.

Bibense likes this.
  3. Bibense

Bibense Member

Jin we are waiting for the story... :)

Jin likes this.
  4. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

12-09-2018 to 30-09-2018 Diary.
    Screenshot_2018-09-15-16-28-33~01.jpg
    View attachment 1
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-15-40-15~01.jpg
    I've managed to clear all regions on the main continent. Faught and won TSG 5th boss battle. This enable the region where DT boss battle situated to be unlock. To unlock region on the island leading to the southern continent, I'll need to win five DT boss battles. That'll take me a few more weeks.
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-00-09-37~01.jpg

CA is unlocked and brought up to rank with my main army. I now have the ability of twin RoF in my arsenal. This help me win some tough shire battles. The rare bundle upgrade for CA was offered.

PvP season 13 ended well for me. Collected more trophies than season 12.
    Screenshot_2018-09-15-10-22-28~01.jpg
    I've used the WC to buy only discounted shards for main regiments, full price for CA and bought 1st GG shards at 600WC to see if I'm lucky enough to get some from Smuggler Ship and I did.
    Screenshot_2018-09-27-10-05-04~01.jpg
    I've discovered that if a regimental shard is collected but the regiment remains unlock then WH does not offer that shard in the top row. However, SS can gives you the shards of discovered but unlock regiment.

The grind to get GG shard from boss battles was tough for my 2* Rank 10/11 regiments. No CV that I can remember and 2 or more regiments ko in each battle. I did get there in the end. GG is unlocked and I spent a total of 63490 gold and 4×Greater Potion and 2×Potion of Knowledge to bring her up to Rank 11 with all available upgrades in my inventory applied instantly. Atm, she's at 1* and 12/20 shards to get to 2*.
    Screenshot_2018-09-28-20-58-50~01.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-28-21-08-46~01.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-08-19-48~01.jpg
    Getting a 3 shards rewards from a CV LW is a much needed bonus.:)

My inventory since start of 2nd journey. I didn't sell a single items nor upgrades. Three regiments discovered but remained unlock.

Here's my strategy for buying shards from WH using limited winning of WC from PvP and exchange.
    Screenshot_2018-09-30-16-45-16~01.jpg
    I'll ALWAYS buy the discounted shard for my main regiments. I'll also buy any shard that I need to bring my main egiments to 2* atm. Later on it'll be 3* and so on. Buying the undiscovered regiment shard is a personal choice. I reckon I can afford the more expensive way of unlocking regiment by buying the 600WC (450WC when discounted) PoX shard offered in the middle of the bottom row.

I've have tentatively decided to have MF, SM, LA, CA, GG, RR, FK, RP, PoX, DG & KG in my main 12. The last regiments is a fight between TB, DS and LC.

My BI strategy is simple. I'm replaying unfinished levels (12th level is nice and easy) to farm gold, upgrades and diamonds. I'm saving new levels to farm shard for newly unlocked regiments to bring them up to 2* quickly. The lower levels are easy enough to bring a basic (no *) regiment to 3rd battle without getting them ko. That's how I got GG to 1* to unlock her Goblin Missile ability in 2 levels of BI.

Observations:
    1. TC has increased to 46T max per PvP. It has greatly help with procuring shard at WH. The increase in TC will be slow because the T5AP increase is small due to slow acquisition of upgrades and unsuitable items.
    2. Even though DMS is the only stronghold unlocked but it has 'opened' up WoA. There should not be any problem with getting enough gold or regimental XP.
    3. Unlocking regions can be speed up by ranking up the regiments quicker with potions which are readily available. I'm still ambivalent about buying potions from Merchant.
    4. I'm more than ever convinced the strategy of 8 main regiments army is a good compromise. 5 main regiments army is quick to get to the required T5AP for PvP Season competition but you may run into problems at stronghold and getting sufficient WL XP to advance. 12 main regiments army (I'm using atm) takes way too long if you're impatient and want to see more immediately results.
    5. Most Shire Battles are still 4S for my mainly Rank 11 regiments. At this point in WoA, I reckon you need Rank 13 regiments to have a steady Shire Battles clearance rate.
    6. IMHO, getting way too many basic items and upgrades as rewards from battles and ships.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Inspirace, Bibense and Mark Engle like this.
  5. chris roberts

chris roberts New Member

Joined the forum just to say thank you for the great information provided in your posts. I am another who wishes they had got to read this sooner as I have spent lots of money forging items! Looking forward to reading how you get on.

Thanks Jin

alexbb and Jin like this.
  6. Bibense

Bibense Member

GG is that much strong so that you invest her that much as soon as you get it?

7. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Bibense likes this.
  8. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Once you get towards the very late stages of the game (which means 5* maxed gear) I personally think that GG is must-have (actually think she may be the second best regiment only next to T'rut at that point) but just like any of the other Giant regiments she's expensive to upgrade compared to the starter regiment.

Bibense likes this.
  9. Ooxine

Ooxine New Member

Nice job Jim, thank you!
    I just wanted to show my first IS rewards.
    If they looks similar to yours, it is because they are identical :)
    So now we know (at least I know) that IS rewards are not "random" but somehow tabulated.
    Cheers!

Juan Carlos---
    Image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Jin, Drenyll and Mark Engle like this.
  10. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

EATING HUMBLE PIE

I have no choice but to admit that unlocking Giants Regiments at early stage is possible provided the right strategy is used. You're correct in your opinion, @Mark Engle.

The right strategy being saving enough gold. The first step is not forging any common or uncommon items. Very, very limited forging of suitable rare items, eg 10%CC weapons, is OK so long as it does not impact gold reserve. I didn't buy upgrades from Merchant but to speed ranking up of regiments, a limited use of gold to do that is OK. I reckon an initial saving of 60k gold is needed to bring a Giants Regiments to Rank 11 with all available upgrades in inventory is needed. This is based on my own experiences.

Atm, I've 80k+ gold saved and that's one main reason why I'm contemplating TB as one of my 12 main regiments. I've already got the shards to bring him to 2*. I'm a bit disappointed with the usefulness of my 1st account's TPB and that's why he's not in my consideration. 5* GH seems to be awesome with his 'Slam' ability by account of some top warlords but I'm not so sure about his ability at early stage.

Bibense likes this.
  11. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

G'Day Ooxine. Welcome to the WoA Community and thank you for your kind words about this thread.

I bet your post about IS has really, really come as a HUGE surprise to a lot of warlords. For me, I've always regard the rewards as random rather than a preset combo. Maybe InnoGames can shed some light on this interesting tidbits of WOA design.

Ooxine likes this.
  12. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

More battles to showcase my tactical brilliant or lack of in most cases.:D:p

Screenshot_2018-09-16-14-18-03~01.jpg

A map that appeared in both PvP and PvE that a lot of warlords can't get 'enough' of. :D:D That last move of AI pike regiment to ko ToH still baffled me to this day.

Screenshot_2018-09-15-16-13-56~01.jpg

The 1st shire battle to unlock FBS. Rather 'proud' that I got LA and SM ko by the same AI cavalry regiment.

Screenshot_2018-09-21-15-31-50~01.jpg

Another brilliant tactical move that caused LA to be ko. :confused: Should have used double RoF from high ground and then rained death from top. GG would have been perfect for this battle. ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  13. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I couldn't find the original post that one warlords newbies asking why I purposely kept my regimental rank 1 to 2 levels behind WL so I'll answered it here.

There are no tactical or strategic reasons for why I kept my regimental rank behind WL. It's just the way I warlording where I don't use all potions to rank up my regiments. The XP collected after WL is reached is not lost. It's still there when the appropriate WL is reached.

Atm, another 1426 WL XP to WL14. 8 of my regiments close to Rank 12. Another 4 close to Rank 11.

chris roberts likes this.
  14. Eziekial

Eziekial New Member

When you unlocked CA did you win the shards in a specific area? Trying to unlock here but stuck still with just 5 shards and no sure which direction to open next that may give some for beating the area.

15. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello Eziekial, the CA shards are located all around the TSG enclave. You gonna need Rank 11/12 regiments to win those shire battles. I faught very few 2S, mostly 3S and some 4S, especially 5th battle.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  16. Eziekial

Eziekial New Member

Thank you. I was able to get these all open. Just beat DT battle 5 and moving on from there.

17. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Some 4S PvP battles for your enjoyment.

The first 4S PvP that I won as Jin2. CA, MF & GG ko. If I were tactically more savvy by moving DG one hex forward to be able to attack AI LA then I can probably get away with only CA ko.
    Screenshot_2018-10-20-23-43-09~01.jpg

The 2nd 4S PvP battle was on a reworked 3v3 map. Double RoF is the only way I can win in this map.
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-09-56-26~01.jpg

The 3rd 4S PvP battle was on the same map as 2nd battle but with different warlord.
    Screenshot_2018-10-21-10-03-34~01.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  18. Graubart

Graubart New Member

... usually I avoid to position my troops on a bridge close to a forest tile. IMHO it‘s much easier to let the enemy take the bridge and position your unit on the tile adjecent to the bridge. The enemy can‘t leave the bridge sideways, but he is much easier to kill because he gets no forest defence bonus.

Jin likes this.
  19. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

The latest revamped PvP spawning is playing havoc with my WC collection. This latest session I had to put on the the Basic weapon that comes original with the regiments and mostly Common armours and banners on ALL 15 regiments so that I can turn a couple of 1S PvP into 2S to get that extra 20WC per PvP.

I thought it was gonna be a challenge to win but my 2* Rank 15 regiments with crappy items won with such ease that it's bordered on the unbelievable. Wish that I've recorded both battles.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Mark Engle likes this.
  20. Noob

Noob Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    MIS
    How you get 4 skull difficulty level? I never meet this in PvP