1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

WoA Reboot (Newbies Guide)

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Jin, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Anton Amby

Anton Amby Well-Known Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    I don't think you will see it a lot early on, since that would be too hard on a lot of the new players but once you get higher level they start appearing.

Noob likes this.
  2. Gilgames

Gilgames New Member

It was really helpful to me and i have a question.
    Is that fine if I get RoT shards if i clear tje GG camp at north? im WL12 now so somewhere around you. How do u have GG and i dont. Also ive seem guildies with DS troops, but i am nowhere near close to that.
    Gold is a big issue for me, i havent forged a lot, specially recently, but i have a lot of upgrade and to few gold.
    Thx anyway.

3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Gilgames.

Firstly, I've not updated this thread in about 3 months. My main army is now 13×3* Rank 17 & 1×2* Rank 16.

You need to clear GG Boss battles to get to GG shards from Battle 16 onwards. I'm not sure if you've unlocked RoT or not. I bought the first GG shard from WH at 600WC. The rest of GG shards I collected from SS, BI, LW & WH. I did managed to get her promoted to 2* fairly quickly.

DS shards are found by wining shire battles around DT Lair. You're gonna need Rank 13/14 regiments to clear those battles.

This is my 2nd journey, so I'm 'crafting' my main army to handle the endgame scenario more effectively. However, this method can exclude a lot of the 'fun' factors for a first time warlords. Please don't follow my army development blindly. This thread is a guide so you need to adapt it to your battle style. For example, I don't unlock regiments I don't need, I've only used 3 SA slots because I rotate 13 out of 16 regiments in battles, I still have not unlock southern continent because I'm happy with the regiments I got atm.

If you've unlocked DMS then gold should not pose an issue unless you've unlock all regiments and try to fully upgrade everyone of them. If you've read through this thread then you'll see how I managed the gold requirement. FYI, I recently spend about 250k+ gold on one go to fully upgrade (with 8 upgrades short) 13 regiments from Rank 16 to 17 plus DT from Rank 1 to Rank 16.

If you've gold shortage then you need to rethink your upgrade strategy. How many regiments are you upgrading? How many levels of stronghold battle did you clear each day? Do you use an unfinished BI level to farm gold? SA can give you 1k+ gold per day. If you can post a pic of you regiments then I might be able to give better advice.

FYI, my main army regiments are MF, DS, SM, GG, LA, CA, LC, RP, PoX, DG, KG, RR, FK & DT. My WL is 19 (2654 shy of 20) but my main regiments are Rank 17 with DT at Rank 16.

4. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello Noob.

I believe a couple of the 4S battles turned out to be 3S only. There was a bug with the skull level pre-battle and after battle not matching.

5. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Looks like this thread still have some life. I better find some free time to bring it up to date. Stay tuned, folks.

Inspirace likes this.
  6. Gilgames

Gilgames New Member

Thx, yes i did follow the thread, and i am absolutly not following you method. :)
    I mainly focusing on ranged troops, and had some fair succes so far. Only the archers are a huge pain.
    Dms is something i dont really ha e time to do :(
    Here is a photo:
    Just would be, there is some error, idk whats the problem.

7. Gilgames

Gilgames New Member

It seems no png nor mp4 does it accept,i have no more idea, how to sbow u my teams.

Ps: i did realized the dates after i posted it.
    Ps2: i unlocked the DT island today, almost done with the continent.
    And my top 5 are SM, DG, LC, LA, MF.

8. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Pic need to smaller than 1Mb to be able to post in Forum.

Do you have any reserve regiments or just 5 main regiments? Getting about 10k+ gold daily from DMS helps a lot.

9. Gilgames

Gilgames New Member

Well, i got RP, KG, somewhat usable, but really, others are oneshot for apropiate troops. A have a few other semi developed and rank8ish.

10. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

My recommendation is still 8 regiments as your main force. You're gonna find it easier in the long run to win battles with a bit more variety on your army. GG would be the first Giant regiment that you want in your army.

11. Lundene

Lundene Member

Hey Jin, any update on your travels?

12. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Lundene.

The answer is 'YES'. All I need is some free time to get organise. It's getting a bit hard to run 2 accounts at more advance level.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  13. Otar

Otar New Member

@Jin im curious, at what WL did you open the first stronghold, how deep did you go and at what WL did you unlock the other one? Thanks!

14. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello Otar.

I think I unlock DMS with 2* Rank 9 regiments. I got to level 17 at first go but after that I don't have time to clear that many levels of stronghold. FSB was unlock much later. Not sure about the rank but it would be 13 onwards.

My aim for stronghold battles are XP and gold rather than setting record. DMS is level 17 and FSB is level 10.

My regimental rank is usually 2 levels behind my WL. Atm, my WL is 20 but my regimental rank is 18.

15. Lundene

Lundene Member

Hi @Jin, no rush know you are busy.... just interested in how you are progressing. Maybe I should create a 2nd account to roam different alliances and keep tabs ;) and pick up pearls of wisdom... a warlord called JinGroupie

On a more serious note, am at a stage where I can farm strongholds for about 30k a day... if I do upgrades and increase my AP I’m concerned that it would make the SHs more difficult and less gold. Do you think I should have a farming period and hold back upgrades ( does increasing regiment level but not applying upgrades keep the AP the same?). Any thoughts?

Thx in advance

16. Lundene

Lundene Member

Also my army has a core of MF, TPB, LA, CA, DG, GG, DS, FK, TB all at 18/19 with upgrades pretty much all applied. I have DS and RP at 18 with not many upgrades. I am wondering for endgame what additional horse unit I should have, RR or DT? Or should I focus on the upgrades for DS and RP

17. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Hello @Lundene. Thanks for the compliments and understanding and patient. I'm not so sure 'JinGroupie' will stand you in good state when you roam among alliances. :D:D 'PrimerGroupie' or 'KrakenGroupie' may have better luck. ;)

Ranking up does not increase your AP. Upgrades, * level & items are the ones that increases AP. However, higher rank does allow you to apply more powerful upgrades and items so it does increase AP in an indirect way.

Going by what other end game warlords experienced, it does seems that very high AP will limit the number of levels you can get through in strongholds. However, at the end game stage, majority of your gold will be used to forge items rather than applying upgrades. At 8 hours per level (22 hrs for lvl 13) completion time for each Mythical item, you should be able to get away with clearing a total of 20 levels or less to get the gold needed.

I used strongholds to farm XP as well as gold so most time I rotated my regiments rather than used the best combo in strongholds. This resulted in less levels cleared when my regiments incurred partial or full timer. Very seldom I bother to reboot strongholds battles.

Atm, my gold reserve is 246k after applying all Rank 18 upgrades (except 20×4 units upgrade) to 13×3* regiments. 14th regiment, DT, is still at Rank 17.

My main army consists of MF, DS, SM, GG, LA, CA, LC, DG, KG, FK, DT, RR, RP & PoX. TB, LP & DT are my SA riders. I'll need to find a sub for DT when he's 3* Rank 18.

For what it's worth, here's my advice. Bring DT and RP up to level with your main regiments. You'll need 2 mages & pikes regiment for variety. I've started to incorporate RP, PoX, TB, RR, SM & FM into some new tactics I've developed to face 5v6 PvP. For example, I used twin pikes in 2 maps now, FK & RR in Wurm's Cemetery on a number of occasion.

Hope this long post helps. :):)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  18. Lundene

Lundene Member

Thx Jin, lots of nice advice there, I have felt guilty neglecting my pike and riders... will focus on DT and RP. The way I am going, I will have all regs!

I’ve focused on my core and think you are right should mix them more in SH to give others experience as well.

Jin likes this.
  19. Otar

Otar New Member

Since today i unlocked the Frost-Blood Stronghold, i wanna say i got up to lvl 16 done, and my max is 21 for Domesticar, im WL 11, main 6 units lvl 11 too. But it does take a lot of dedication and dead timers to get any of them to the max, i guess i can make 13 FBS 17 DMS every day with some planning.

Jin likes this.
  20. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Just letting WoA newbies know that it's now possible to get upgrades that you can't apply yet from LW. :)
    Screenshot_2019-02-09-10-16-05~01.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-02-09-10-16-17~01.jpg
    Unless you're applying them to your regiments, my advice is to sell all the high gold value upgrades as soon as you get it. These upgrades are Emeramon Prism, Unsealed Soul Gem, Giant Blue Roundheads & Shish Kebap. There are some regiments that don't use these upgrades so you need to find the one that worth most gold and sell all of them before each LW battle.

Please make sure you've at least one of each lower gold value upgrade in your inventory.

Inspirace likes this.