1. Greetings Warlord!

Nice to meet you, my name is Eolande, commander of the Maiden's Faeries. Let me give you a warm welcome to the forum, a peaceful land where you can meet some other Warlords like you.
    Have we ever met on Aternum? I think I don't remember your name... you can click here to register a forum account so I will never forget it!

See you around!

WoA Reboot (Newbies Guide)

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by Jin, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

ATTENTION WoA Newbies.

It has come to my attention that another form of army combo still exist that the 1st and 2nd Gen warlords thought extinct.

It used to be called Trophies Hunter (aka TH) combo but we called it Glass Cannon (aka GC) combo now.

The upside of GC combo is you can win battles easily. The downside is you'll have to use the SAME regiments for ALL battles and you can't compete for a place on the PvP Seadon leaderboard.

You'll have to figure out for yourself how to build the GC combo because it's not my combat style. I like to use as many different army combo for battle as possible whereas GC combo DOES NOT allow me to do that.

2. Protomickey

Protomickey New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    BPF
    After seeing this the other day, I stopped trying to level all my regiments (for warlord points) and focused only on the five I wanted to be my starters and I have started to see this proven to be true.

3. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Leveling top 5 only may get you easier battles but IMHO it's a boring way to approach WoA. You can't really use the other regiments to their full potential in battles. 90% of your battles will be a walkover. Where's the challenge?

Jin2 got 13 out of 16 regiments ko in 1×4S, 3×3S,1×2S & a LW. No ad for life, no health scroll, 1 reboot. I was punching the air when I won. How many of the top 5 only regiments warlords can say that?

I completely understand that you want easier battles and it's your combat style. Let me fill you in on a secret. 5v5+ PvP are not as challenging as you think. The regiments are equally match and you can take out a regiments in a CS so 99% of the time they are actually very boring.

The challenging battles are the ones that gets you to the endgame and NOT the ones in endgame.

The match up in PvP is top 5 regiments so leveling 5 or more regiments got nothing to do with challenging battles. There's another factor in play.

4. PrincessPatti

PrincessPatti New Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    SanK
    I wish I read this before trying to decrypt your alliance posts!!!

Jin likes this.
  5. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

I'm rather proud of this fight given the limitation of my tactical ability. I was happy that only GG and DG are ko. I was expecting to lose up to 4 regiments given the strength of the AI regiments.

I didn't fancy a shoot out with a 4* Rank 23 GG even though she's not equip with appropriate items. I need to take out AI LA and force GG retreat to high ground so my FK and RP can go after her. CS by RP was a bonus. GG spawning a 400+ Goblin Archer in forest hex was able to hold off AI DG for 2 rounds helps a lot. Decided to go with DS because of the ToC rather than the healing power of MF. I think I made the right choice. DG to hold off AI KG and DG to let ToC do its work. No pike in AI army so if FK survived against GG then he's an advantage against the two AI guards in plain hex.

Enjoy.;)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Mimi likes this.
  6. Noob

Noob Active Member

Alliance:
    SOS
    Did you meet me in pvp? :)

7. Candle

Candle Active Member

Warlord Level:
    Alliance:
    WLI
    Formula above works as "general rule" at low-mid levels, but once you reach higher-end - things become more complicated.
    Here 2 screenshots with estimated damage for ~1650 and ~3300 Offense (Free Knight vs FB Pikeman) - doubling Offence by using Monster Slayer ability increase damage only by ~50%. Can't provide solid proof for targets with much lower AC (redid this battle 4 times to make these screenshots), but in general pretty sure there are some "hard cap" somewhere between ~2-2.5x off/def ratio and past ~1.5x damage increase not linear at all.
    Based on my experience - Mages and Archers Offense too high and redundant in most cases, so 15% crit banner always best choice, Pikes and Riders - questionable and still can benefit from using Max-Off banner. Guards - really shall use Max-Off banner, unless used as pure tank/meatball. Ofc. - there are exceptions like T'Rut or KG used to do single deadly hit.

upload_2019-5-10_2-0-46.png upload_2019-5-10_2-3-50.png

Hackuuna and Mimi like this.
  8. Hackuuna

Hackuuna Active Member

I've actually tested this and I'm certain that the damage cap is at x2.0 and x0.5 for off/def. For FK check out my latest post in the damage thread to understand how his doubling offense works. In short his ability actually doesn't really care about what banner you use.

9. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Not yet, Noob. Will post video when that happen.

10. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Another 2×4S PvP that after 6 attempts I was ready to rr. However, a last attempt with a small tactical change and some luck, victories were achieved.

First up is against Warlord Aaron from WLI. Even though his overall AP is less than Jin2 but his top regiments combo has more AP than Jin2 to be spawned as 4S opponent.

AI Aaron SM was giving me problem in previous 6 battles. Wrong placement of FK on my part made it impossible to attack AI GG in 2nd round. I decided to swap armour to have more magic defence on all my regiments to survive AI SM nova.

I moved FK into the swamp hex at the front after I noticed AI LA RoF will not be triggered if I placed him, RP and DG with 1 hex space between them. In 4 of 6 previous battles I had FK at the swamp hex behind.

WoA 'Deity of Luck' smile on me and FK ko AI GG with CS. Taking out AI LA was also a bonus. I was certain that whichever archer I used will be ko. Since I need LA for Quest duty then CA has to sacrifice herself.:( I was hoping to use DS ToC but getting rid of AI SM is more important just in case she has CS. I could've have try to heal RP in a village but I don't want to push my luck. 2 regiments ko and one in partial is 100% better than what I had hoped for.:):)

The second PvP was another tough one on an 'easy' map. I've never ever have problem clearing battles on this map in both accounts until now.

Using KG to lock down AI DS to trigger IR PL was the only tactical changed I made. In previous 6 attempts I used PoX on AI DS. Even though AI PES & GG are only 2* but Rank 22 makes it very tough to ko. Don't under estimate the strength of a 2* regiment.

Enjoy.:)

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Mimi likes this.
  11. Primer

Primer Well-Known Member

I love it Jin. Thanks for sharing the last battle.

This is a great illustration of why the restart feature is not about just waiting for more Crits, but about evaluating the problem and adjusting tactics.

Jin likes this.
  12. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Another 2×4S PvP. I'm not suppose to win these 2 but I did. Don't ask me how I did it because I don't have the foggiest idea. :confused:

The first is to showcase the AI is more stupid or more unlucky than I am.

The way I used MF is way worse than how AI used MF. :confused: Forgot to use CA RoF to keep DG at bay a little longer. :eek:Nearly reboot then but I thought since I've come this far let's play on and see the outcome. The last minute is just a drag out slugfest.

The second PvP can be classified as Epic. It was against a 4* Rank 23 GG on Harpy Cliffs. When I saw the set up, something came out of my mouth that can't be repeat here. :confused::p This is my goto army combo to clear this map with AI archer in the front line.

I just got luckier and luckier as the battle went on. This is a first try victory, no reboot. WoA Deities smile hugely on me AGAIN!!:):)

Enjoy, don't ask questions. ;):D

Primer and NoName like this.